Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411432 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: gigig987

April 20, 2024, 05:46:33 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsTIGJam 4: Lodging
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Print
Author Topic: TIGJam 4: Lodging  (Read 31648 times)
Matthew
Rapture
Administrator
Level 3

Milling About

View Profile WWW
« on: August 11, 2011, 01:29:04 PM »

Going to TIGJam 4?  Looking for a place to sleep?  Have a place for someone to sleep?  Arrange here!

Matthew Wegner
Currently: Aztez
Founder, Flashbang Studios
Partner, Indie Fund
Editor, Fun-Motion
Co-Chair, IGF
BMcC
Senior Editor, Hero,
Level 10

Bee Mixsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 01:57:13 PM »

YES! YES! YES (but ~3k miles away from the jam)!

Matthew, would a pre-and-post PHX visit like last year's be okay again this year? With the same flights and all that?

jarodl
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 02:46:21 PM »

I live in the city, which isn't a bad train ride (about an hour). It would be nice to have a place to stay in MV but if not I could probably accomodate 1-2 people in my tiny studio apartment (if you don't mind an air-mattress Wink.
Klaim
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 02:58:53 PM »

Hey, I'm from France! So I have some familly in Chicago and I'm looking at the cheapest way to get at Chicago before the event, then get to the event for the week end, then get back to Chicago.

1.I don't know where to look for for the trip between Chicago and Mountain View... any help?
 2. Is there someone willing to host me if I can manage to get there? Or maybe share hostel with others? That's the thread purpose anyway  Coffee

I'm not sure yet I can manage to gather enough money to get there, but THAT WOULD BE SO AWESOME  Kiss

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 03:02:12 PM »

Hey, I'm looking for a place to stay.

ChevyRay
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 03:51:00 PM »

Oh jeez I just emailed matthew asking about hotel situations before I saw this topic. Oh well.

So, who wants to bunk with the Chevs? I do bite (and you'll like it).
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 03:52:59 PM »

I could use either
A) a place to stay nearby
or
B) someone to commute with from the north bay each day

while the former would be rad I wouldn't want to take valuable lodge-space away from someone coming from further away

sonicblastoise
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 04:14:21 PM »

I'm staying at a place in the East Bay (Hayward/Castro Valley)) where I could house one or two peeps. It's basically a living room so you'd have to bring your own slumbergear and hygiene tools (which is MANDATORY! Big Laff )

If anyone is interested, let me know. It's only a few days so I could probably keep you there for free Smiley

PM me for details!
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2011, 04:29:02 PM »

Got a ticket, BROS. Need a place to stay, will most likely be able to afford a share of a hotel (*nudge nudge Chevy*) and can e-mail/call/whatever a week in advance if I can't.

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
Rob Lach
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2011, 05:41:10 PM »

Headin' out there.

weasello
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2011, 06:13:09 PM »

I'm super active on these forums AND I'll be there!  Toast LeftWTF

Can anyone point out the NEAREST Hotel?

IndieElite4Eva
c-foo peng
Level 3

game chef

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2011, 12:41:58 AM »

A place to crash would be great!

Zaphos
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2011, 01:43:20 AM »

I could use either
A) a place to stay nearby
or
B) someone to commute with from the north bay each day

while the former would be rad I wouldn't want to take valuable lodge-space away from someone coming from further away
I'm in the same boat.
KingSlizzard
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2011, 09:26:21 AM »

I'm up in Marin County (Novato), above the SF Bay Area. I'm down for sharing a room, but if someone wants, I'll commute.

Rob Lach
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2011, 05:38:49 AM »

bought flight tickets. Now to find a place to crash.

sonicblastoise
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2011, 09:56:42 AM »

Okay, I'm seriously considering going, but I'm not a dev or anything. What I AM is a writer, and I like to write about video games and for video games.

I'm going to be up there for school (pre-med), in the Hayward/Castro Valley area. The place I'm staying at has enough room for 2-3 people besides me, but they'd be sleeping in a living room and not necessarily in any room type of place. There are workspaces and outlets, internet access, but only 1 bathroom.

Hayward is about an hour from Mountain View (probably faster without traffic). I would feel a bit more comfortable going to TIGJam knowing I'm actually contributing to the community in some way (even if it is just providing free lodging).

The offer still stands even if I don't go though! Anyway, thanks  Durr...?
Jink
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2011, 11:58:21 PM »

Okay, I'm seriously considering going, but I'm not a dev or anything. What I AM is a writer, and I like to write about video games and for video games.

I'm going to be up there for school (pre-med), in the Hayward/Castro Valley area. The place I'm staying at has enough room for 2-3 people besides me, but they'd be sleeping in a living room and not necessarily in any room type of place. There are workspaces and outlets, internet access, but only 1 bathroom.

Hayward is about an hour from Mountain View (probably faster without traffic). I would feel a bit more comfortable going to TIGJam knowing I'm actually contributing to the community in some way (even if it is just providing free lodging).

The offer still stands even if I don't go though! Anyway, thanks  Durr...?

Hey mate, I'd love to take you up on your offer. I'm no game designer or developer or anything either, but I'm a writer as well. I'm working on setting up an indie gaming site/blog and I was thinking that visiting TIGJam would make for a fantastic piece on my site. Let me know if you could make the space for me!
Evan Balster
Level 10

I live in this head.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2011, 08:36:40 PM »

Arg arg arg I want to go to this now that I live in California but I'm not sure I'll be able to afford the trip.

Ah well, there's always indiecade.

EDIT:  Chevy, consider me super-tentatively interested in splitting a room.  I have no idea if I'll be able to go though.

Creativity births expression.  Curiosity births exploration.
Our work is as soil to these seeds; our art is what grows from them...

Wreath, SoundSelf, Infinite Blank, Cave Story+, <plaid/audio>
Rob Lach
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2011, 10:56:50 AM »

You can rent an entire house which can sleep 6-10 on airbnb for $300 / day ($2000 / week) which is from walking distance from the hacker dojo.

http://www.airbnb.com/rooms/181659

If there are 6+ people flying in it could be pretty economical/convenient/fun.

Triplefox
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2011, 05:57:25 PM »

Hey, let's try to get a commute pool from the SF area going. There's enough people up here for it...

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic