Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411501 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 02:55:45 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs5734L3R
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 30
Print
Author Topic: 5734L3R  (Read 149403 times)
devMidgard
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: March 05, 2013, 09:17:36 AM »

I hate you for making my head go drools
Just give us the damn game  Beg and take my  Hand Money Left

I hate myself too and depressed. The programmer has left the project, so now i draw cartoons about robots. :D

What the sheeeeeeeeeeeeeet. How can any person quit developing this game? I mean look at this man It has a unique style.. it would be really nice to play I think.. maybe he's got something important to do but.. but..  Cry COME ONNNNNN!!!!!!

Anyways, in what language was going developed this game, 08--n7.r6-79.84?
08--n7.r6-79.84
Level 8

You can call me 08.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #301 on: March 05, 2013, 11:40:33 AM »

if this never became a game but still lived on as an animated short/series, I'd still be pretty damn interested in it. hope you keep at it.

Yeah make an anime out of this

that's all I can do right now

Excuse my ignorance, but have you ever thought about prototyping gameplay (even in a not publicly-available form) into something like GM or similar?
Ultimately, don't let the 5734L3R project die  Beg

you right/check

i should finish this, even if i'll do it alone

devMidgard, agreed with every your word
C++
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 12:04:16 PM by 08--n7.r6-79.84 » Logged

08--n7.r6-79.84
Level 8

You can call me 08.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #302 on: March 05, 2013, 11:43:50 AM »

m4y83 =)

Bandreus
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #303 on: March 05, 2013, 12:14:30 PM »

i should finish this, even if i'll do it alone

You definitely should! I can't tell you how much potential project 5734L3R has.

I can only give my honest advice: I would iterate, experiment with all crazy ideas one can possibly think of about gameplay and ultimately let the game flourish into it's own thing.

I do realize how hard this moment has to be for you (losing a coder and all), but please also remember you have a strong following among TIGers, so I'm guessing you can at least count on lots of feedback/ideas/support from the community.

Seek out help by fellow developers and don't limit yourself to "working into your small box".

You can turn 5734L3R into something special and unique, that much I know, so definitely don't give up on it. Take all the time you need and have feith.

Gomez

08--n7.r6-79.84
Level 8

You can call me 08.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #304 on: March 05, 2013, 12:34:50 PM »

I can only give my honest advice: I would iterate, experiment with all crazy ideas one can possibly think of about gameplay and ultimately let the game flourish into it's own thing.

I do realize how hard this moment has to be for you (losing a coder and all), but please also remember you have a strong following among TIGers, so I'm guessing you can at least count on lots of feedback/ideas/support from the community.

Seek out help by fellow developers and don't limit yourself to "working into your small box".

All right, i keep it in mind and will try to talk more about the ideas and the vision of all this.
And i definitely need someone who could help with the prototyping. For me, even the GM or any other game constructor is too hard, because yes I'm just artist :D

Thank you for your kind words and support! Hope I will not disappointing you and all guys who like 5734L3R if it will come out someday =)

Linkshot
Level 1

Tricky Tricky

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 05, 2013, 12:56:29 PM »

TIGers are a wonderful thing.
SoulSharer
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 05, 2013, 01:19:03 PM »

Wish you a good luck with the project (and I really mean it), it is very promising and you're a great man. Too bad I have a different vision of how development should go, but can't help it.

Here's the better video, just in case you'll need it:

Twitter: twitter.com/SoulSharer
Ant
« Reply #307 on: March 05, 2013, 01:39:09 PM »

And i definitely need someone who could help with the prototyping. For me, even the GM or any other game constructor is too hard, because yes I'm just artist :D

Have you tried having a bash with GM before? I'm not much of a coder myself but manage to rumble through games. GML is pretty much written with non-coders in mind.
Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #308 on: March 05, 2013, 02:04:36 PM »

I hope this doesn't die, I'd be glad to help you with C++ if you ever need it Smiley

TomHunt
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #309 on: March 05, 2013, 04:45:11 PM »

I'd be more than happy to help, too. Feel free to PM me.

~tom | □³ | kRYSTLR
08--n7.r6-79.84
Level 8

You can call me 08.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #310 on: March 06, 2013, 01:57:00 AM »

Too bad I have a different vision of how development should go, but can't help it.

And i can't disagree with that =) Good like you too!

Here's the better video, just in case you'll need it:

I don't think I really "need it", given the situation :D But people who are interested in 5734L3R for sure say you "thanx!" for this video.

Have you tried having a bash with GM before?

More than once, it's a lost cause, believe me :D

I hope this doesn't die, I'd be glad to help you with C++ if you ever need it Smiley

What kind of help can you offer? I am extremely far from any programming.

I'd be more than happy to help, too. Feel free to PM me.

All right ^__^

rek
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 07, 2013, 08:02:18 AM »

1. Continue working on gameplay/mechanics/story.
2. Produce a series of shorts – think of Aeon Flux or the animated Clone Wars series.
3. Indiekickstartagogo to hire a programmer.
4. Wizard
mrj1nx
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 08, 2013, 01:41:19 AM »

If I would give one advice to you, I would say stay far away from C++ and aim for something like GameMaker, Unity, Flash, XNA or similar. That way you are keeping the technical barrier much lower, thus enabling a wider range of people to be able to help out. C++ is often more work for the same result when you compare to the alternatives, and it can cause more headaches as well. Judging from what ive seen, the game should work well in any of the technologies i mentioned above. If you want more in depth advice i would be happy to be of assistance.

My personal favorite is Unity where i have been spending almost a year making a 2d platformer. The good thing about Unity is that it makes it easy for the programmer and the artist/designer/etc to collaborate in the editor. The programmer can make values visible in the editor so that the designer can tweak and modify things without the need for programming knowledge. Here is my blog if you want to see how my project looks like: http://steveolofsson.tumblr.com/ In this project i used 2dToolkit and with it i got a full fledged tilemap editor inside unity where i built all my maps, very nice workflow.

Anyhow, get in touch if you want more specific advice.
08--n7.r6-79.84
Level 8

You can call me 08.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #313 on: March 08, 2013, 02:50:19 AM »

1. Continue working on gameplay/mechanics/story.
2. Produce a series of shorts – think of Aeon Flux or the animated Clone Wars series.
3. Indiekickstartagogo to hire a programmer.
4. Wizard

Good plan, sir!

If I would give one advice to you, I would say stay far away from C++ and aim for something like GameMaker, Unity, Flash, XNA or similar.

Partially agree with you. It makes sense prototyping game with simple tools like GM or Flash to understand situation with the gameplay. But the realization of project like 5734L3R too complex for tools like that. I mean as a result this can turn into problems (basically a technical problems) that primarily affect the player and his impressions of the game. (Although it also depends on the skills of the programmer ofcourse.)
Your project is beautiful and Unity is a great engine. But I'm so far away from programming (and even from manipulations with assets), that I prefer when everyone in development does what he had better work.

clockwrk_routine
« Reply #314 on: March 08, 2013, 08:28:17 AM »

mmm i dunno, I've tried several languages/engines, for 2d games there's not a whole lot of difference in capabilities.  It may seem like it if you aren't familiar with coding.  Game Maker Language lacks classes, which I find infinitely helpful in keeping a large project organized.  

I'm surprised nobody's stepping up to work with you, this project is dreamy.
edit: oh nvm there are.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 08:34:16 AM by softchange » Logged
TomHunt
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #315 on: March 08, 2013, 09:56:04 AM »

I'm going to agree with djdolber on this - Unity is pretty decently powerful from a technical standpoint. There's a lot of stuff that it can do that's just too detailed to list as a set of bullet points on a marketing page. Some of that has to do with it being C#/.NET scriptable, which has loads of programming goodness in itself, but there's also a pretty extensive and well-documented engine API as well. Everything is laid out in the editor in hierarchical scene graph trees (very organizable), so you can have nested objects parenting other objects for rotations/transformations (which I've based more than a couple of mind-bending hacks on myself), and scripts get attached to objects like little modules and can be turned on/off in the editor or from scripts. Just about everything that can be done in the editor can be done dynamically from scripts, and the editor itself is very customizable.

It might not be the best choice for, say, the next Crysis or Elder Scrolls game, but probably worth at least a closer look for most other things, including anything 2D.

~tom | □³ | kRYSTLR
tanner bananer
Level 1

aspiring train conductor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #316 on: March 13, 2013, 12:05:27 PM »

Please give this to someone to finish. I don't care how badly they mess it up, i just want this game in my hands.

kleiba
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 13, 2013, 04:26:35 PM »

To be honest, I'd rather see some kind of Anime or something coming out of this.

To me, the grand landscape GIFs etc. always seemed so much more appealing than the actual platformer gameplay scenes.
Vovosunt
Level 0

Lolcat

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 13, 2013, 04:45:54 PM »

If I would give one advice to you, I would say stay far away from C++

But C++ is awesome Waaagh!
Besides, C# and Java are very much similar to C++.

But I do agree that it would be much easier to use a game engine.

08--n7.r6-79.84
Level 8

You can call me 08.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #319 on: March 15, 2013, 01:24:27 AM »

Please give this to someone to finish. I don't care how badly they mess it up, i just want this game in my hands.

I lost the interest in development of this game, sorry. Tried several times to start again and then fail. :C

@All Please stop bumping this topic

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 30
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic