Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1065522 Posts in 43471 Topics- by 35495 Members - Latest Member: usopp

November 22, 2014, 05:02:02 AM
TIGSource ForumsFeedbackDevLogs5734L3R / Please help with robot's references/ideas
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19
Print
Author Topic: 5734L3R / Please help with robot's references/ideas  (Read 66739 times)
08--n7.r6-79.84
Level 6

You can call me 08.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #320 on: March 08, 2013, 02:50:19 AM »

1. Continue working on gameplay/mechanics/story.
2. Produce a series of shorts think of Aeon Flux or the animated Clone Wars series.
3. Indiekickstartagogo to hire a programmer.
4. Wizard

Good plan, sir!

If I would give one advice to you, I would say stay far away from C++ and aim for something like GameMaker, Unity, Flash, XNA or similar.

Partially agree with you. It makes sense prototyping game with simple tools like GM or Flash to understand situation with the gameplay. But the realization of project like 5734L3R too complex for tools like that. I mean as a result this can turn into problems (basically a technical problems) that primarily affect the player and his impressions of the game. (Although it also depends on the skills of the programmer ofcourse.)
Your project is beautiful and Unity is a great engine. But I'm so far away from programming (and even from manipulations with assets), that I prefer when everyone in development does what he had better work.

keo
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 08, 2013, 08:28:17 AM »

mmm i dunno, I've tried several languages/engines, for 2d games there's not a whole lot of difference in capabilities.  It may seem like it if you aren't familiar with coding.  Game Maker Language lacks classes, which I find infinitely helpful in keeping a large project organized.  

I'm surprised nobody's stepping up to work with you, this project is dreamy.
edit: oh nvm there are.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 08:34:16 AM by softchange » Logged

TomHunt
Level 3

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #322 on: March 08, 2013, 09:56:04 AM »

I'm going to agree with djdolber on this - Unity is pretty decently powerful from a technical standpoint. There's a lot of stuff that it can do that's just too detailed to list as a set of bullet points on a marketing page. Some of that has to do with it being C#/.NET scriptable, which has loads of programming goodness in itself, but there's also a pretty extensive and well-documented engine API as well. Everything is laid out in the editor in hierarchical scene graph trees (very organizable), so you can have nested objects parenting other objects for rotations/transformations (which I've based more than a couple of mind-bending hacks on myself), and scripts get attached to objects like little modules and can be turned on/off in the editor or from scripts. Just about everything that can be done in the editor can be done dynamically from scripts, and the editor itself is very customizable.

It might not be the best choice for, say, the next Crysis or Elder Scrolls game, but probably worth at least a closer look for most other things, including anything 2D.

~tom | kRYSTLR
μηκοοι
Level 1

I think I'm a DJ

View Profile Email
« Reply #323 on: March 13, 2013, 12:05:27 PM »

Please give this to someone to finish. I don't care how badly they mess it up, i just want this game in my hands.
kleiba
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 13, 2013, 04:26:35 PM »

To be honest, I'd rather see some kind of Anime or something coming out of this.

To me, the grand landscape GIFs etc. always seemed so much more appealing than the actual platformer gameplay scenes.
Vovosunt
Level 0

Vovo the Lolcat

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 13, 2013, 04:45:54 PM »

If I would give one advice to you, I would say stay far away from C++

But C++ is awesome Waaagh!
Besides, C# and Java are very much similar to C++.

But I do agree that it would be much easier to use a game engine.

08--n7.r6-79.84
Level 6

You can call me 08.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #326 on: March 15, 2013, 01:24:27 AM »

Please give this to someone to finish. I don't care how badly they mess it up, i just want this game in my hands.

I lost the interest in development of this game, sorry. Tried several times to start again and then fail. :C

@All Please stop bumping this topic

Belimoth
Level 10

high-heeled cyberbully

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 15, 2013, 01:50:04 AM »

V -------------------------- There is a lock button over there.

7heSama
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 15, 2013, 01:55:21 AM »

I lost the interest in development of this game, sorry. Tried several times to start again and then fail. :C

It's sad but I understand. People, stop pushing him so hard to work on it if he doesn't want to, that won't make anyone happy.

Maybe someday you will find a programmer right for finishing this game, maybe not. Regardless, thanks for being such an inspiration in the meantime, what you did get together was a truly great and unified style that is quite inspiring.

Disregard failure. Acquire success.
ShinnyMetal
Level 0

I can makes musics!

View Profile Email
« Reply #329 on: March 21, 2013, 10:52:45 PM »

well...this is news to me... I'll still make the album though!

08--n7.r6-79.84
Level 6

You can call me 08.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #330 on: April 02, 2013, 12:57:45 PM »

Found a level concept/mockup that was not published anywhere:

Just for lulz comparison - the same thing, but assembled in Stealer Map Editor:

Click on preview for full view of picture.

kleiba
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 02, 2013, 07:19:46 PM »

Still looking cool :-)
alts
Level 0

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #332 on: April 02, 2013, 09:04:20 PM »

I was holding on on replying because of the request last page, but this game would have looked beutiful. Good luck on MAZE.

08--n7.r6-79.84
Level 6

You can call me 08.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #333 on: April 08, 2013, 12:36:00 AM »

I was holding on on replying because of the request last page, but this game would have looked beutiful. Good luck on MAZE.

Thank you! ^__^

Whiteclaws
Level 10

Caus' Why Not ?

View Profile Email
« Reply #334 on: April 08, 2013, 01:57:48 PM »

why...

Polar bears are fun ! * Mah Blog *
Ben_Hurr
Level 10

nom nom nom

View Profile Email
« Reply #335 on: April 08, 2013, 04:48:28 PM »

I saw the start of this thread, then I came to the end.

My hopes have been dashed sir, dashed.  My Word!
Oh well.
rek
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 22, 2013, 10:02:28 AM »

new logotype\ print for t-shirt:

+ alt.version

Your image is way too big, with way too much white space around it, to see in the forum. (Update your link and I'll erase this post.)
08--n7.r6-79.84
Level 6

You can call me 08.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #337 on: July 15, 2013, 04:54:24 AM »

new logotype\ print for t-shirt:

+ alt.version

Your image is way too big, with way too much white space around it, to see in the forum. (Update your link and I'll erase this post.)

Ok!

One question, guys! Does this robot fits into the 5734L3R's style?

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #338 on: July 15, 2013, 05:16:03 AM »

The black outlines are a little out of place.
rivon
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 15, 2013, 11:32:08 AM »

No. Seems way too cartoonish, vivid... Needs to be darker, more minimal I'd say.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic