ATTENTION: thanks to derek, you can now change your vote (at least until the next time i edit the poll). take advantage of this period to change your vote if you want to change it. just put remove vote and vote again for your choices
because i believe it will revert to not allowing you to change your vote if i edit the poll, i will not add any more new nominations to the list for a short period -- say, 2 days. this will give people time to change their vote if they want to
okay, important: i've discovered that there is a limit of 126 items in this poll. and that when i add more than that number, some of them are randomly removed.
no new games may be added without removing old ones. any suggestions about what to do?
should i remove all games with 0 votes? should i just stop adding new games?
the plan for now: i'm going to remove all games with 0 votes (except for the most recent batch of games that was recently added or re-added). this will clear up some room for new games, temporarily (until the 126 limit is reached again). if you want me to add a game make sure you vote for it so that it won't be removed if nobody else votes for it; any game with 0 votes for more than a few days will be removed if nobody votes for it in that time period
it's unfortunate that i have to do it that way but i didn't know about the limit of 126 poll items
by Mr. Podunkian has been in production since 2005. It is an exploration platformer famous for looking like Cave Story.
is an exploration platformer with view rotation by Polytron Corporation, which won the visuals award at the IGF in 2008. Expected for XBLA in 2011.
is a long-awaited upcoming game by Clysm, in which you pilot a paper plane on a rescue mission into a dream world. It has been in production since Seiklus was finished in 2004.
, also by Clysm, is platformer in which you can fly with exploration, puzzle, and action elements.
, by Introversion, has to do with procedural city generation and much more.
, by Glaiel Gamer, is a remake/expansion of the Flash game by the same name, in which whether something exists depends on if it can be seen.
for the XBLA by Derek Yu is a remake/expansion of the PC game by the same name, and involves a procedural treasure hunt into a cave.
*Another Metroid 2 Remake
by DoctorM64 is an unofficial remake of the Nintendo Game Boy game by the same name.
, by TeeGee/MoaCube, is a strategy game and sequel to Magi.
is a game by Paul Eres / RPGCreations, and is an overhead exploration game set on a sentient Lake.
[more games will be added to this list as i get time; i'll try to add at least 10 a day]
1. If a game on this list is already released, tell me and I'll remove it. I didn't personally check them all, but relied on nominations.
2. If you want to vote for a game that isn't listed, reply in this thread (preferably with a link to the game) and I'll add it to the poll. Do this before you vote
, because you can't seem to change your votes even though I told it to allow people to change their votes.
3. You may vote for any number of these, you aren't limited to one or a few. Vote for those games which are you very interested in playing after they are released.
4. Some games on this list are arguably not indie, such as Journey (since Sony owns the rights to the games thatgamecompany makes). If you don't think a game is indie and don't think it should be on this list, just don't vote for it.
5. It's okay to reply just to say which games you're voted for, but also try to add something interesting to the post other than just the names of the games you voted for so as to cut down on clutter.
6. The order isn't in any particular order, mainly just the order that games were nominated in. I was too lazy to put them in alphabetical order; I'll probably do that next year though. EDIT: RenLNS did so for me, alphabetical list: https://gist.github.com/1145738
7. To compare with the 2009 poll, see http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=7081.0