Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 04:54:39 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesYan Zhenhua strikes again
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Yan Zhenhua strikes again  (Read 3825 times)
intmain
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: August 16, 2011, 11:45:08 AM »

Yan Zhenhua released a new game today. It may look a little familiar...

On the left is one of my games, Super Puzzle Platformer. On the Right is the game Yan released on the apple app store.

You may also recognize the name Yan Zhenhua, he's known for releasing Tiny Skater (the rip of Tiny Hawk)

and The Blocks Cometh, the rip of... The Blocks Cometh Ninja :

His Apple Developer account has yet to be taken down.

So what do you think? Flattering? or Frustrating?

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 11:55:38 AM »

So what do you think? Flattering? or Frustrating?
I think it's pretty disgusting tbh. I actually bought the ripoff of The Blocks Cometh because I thought it was the official one. I apologize.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 11:58:25 AM »

It's not called the ripp store for  nothing.
Are these games made in flash?

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
intmain
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 12:32:07 PM »

It's not called the ripp store for  nothing.

The originals are, but it's hard to say about the rips. They seem to play and control exactly the same, but run too smoothly for flash games on ios with so much happening on screen. My guess is he de-compiles the games to see the code then rebuilds it in Xcode. Seems like a lot of work for something that's just going to get pulled from the app store though.

BoxedLunch
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 12:42:43 PM »

The new version of Street Fighter looks promising.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 12:55:46 PM »

It's not called the ripp store for  nothing.

The originals are, but it's hard to say about the rips. They seem to play and control exactly the same, but run too smoothly for flash games on ios with so much happening on screen. My guess is he de-compiles the games to see the code then rebuilds it in Xcode. Seems like a lot of work for something that's just going to get pulled from the app store though.
I was asking about it because a big majority of the ripped off games are made in flash.
Just looking at the screen is an indication that this guy is making a lot of effort to rip the games. That's typically chinese, they can make great things but they're incapable of not ripping off sthg that already exists.
I think you should talk to a lawyer because there might be enough material to prove that your games are purposedly copied, but if the guy is in china there might be very little you could do against him.
But apple's inaction is pathetic.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
DET. Defective
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 01:49:46 PM »

It's amazing that after two large and obvious accounts of plagiarism, he's still allowed to continue on. Should've been banned from releasing games on the App Store after the first time.
poe
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 03:14:07 PM »

I feel bad for you Sad I hope he isn't cutting into your profit too much.
:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2011, 03:18:05 PM »

FIND OUT WHERE HE LIVES  Evil
Nugsy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2011, 03:31:18 PM »

Seriously, Apple are idiots. All it would take is a tiny bit of searching to see that someone has blatantly ripped all of these games.

Why hasn't this guy been banned from releasing games onto the store yet? It's disgusting.

:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2011, 03:40:12 PM »

Because they don't care. They are making money either way.

They do too many things and have decided not to give all of their services and products TLC.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2011, 05:11:07 PM »

i guess the lesson is: if you're going to release a game, release it for all platforms simultaneously

deathtotheweird
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2011, 05:59:27 PM »

i guess the lesson is: if you're going to release a game, release it for all platforms simultaneously

or make a good game. one that would take more work to clone.

and to be honest, all this clone boohooing I've been hearing are all shitty casual game developers ripping off other shitty casual cheap puzzle games. it's hard to get angry when all the games being ripped off are boring 10 minute distractions that are usually pretty generic and unoriginal themselves anyway.

OK I'll give Vlambeer a break, their game is kind of original. Doesn't change the fact it's still a shitty cheap little 10 minute flash game. But I would say they have more of a reason to bitch about it then you with "the blocks cometh" a game I've probably played a million times before.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2011, 06:00:14 PM »

what about that unlicensed lugaru port to the iphone? that one wasn't a small casual puzzle game

deathtotheweird
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2011, 06:02:52 PM »

I didn't hear about that one. and if I had heard of it, it's a completely different story. an unlicensed port is not a clone. I was specifically talking about clones.
BattleBeard
Level 6

please touch me

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2011, 06:15:32 PM »

Ew. That's flattering, and horrible at the same time. I'd never want anyone copying MY game.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2011, 03:33:54 PM »

what does all this have to do with shenmue
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic