Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1043596 Posts in 42282 Topics- by 33951 Members - Latest Member: mumblebum

September 18, 2014, 03:44:23 PM
TIGSource ForumsFeedbackDevLogs-BEEP-
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31
Print
Author Topic: -BEEP-  (Read 60307 times)
TNERB
Level 4

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #580 on: March 01, 2013, 07:18:42 PM »

I liked the old title far more it had a nice ring to it, although you're the only one making this game so if that name works better with the overall theme of the game then go for it. I'm still going to play this game when it comes out and I'm still looking forward to it very much, keep it up Namragog!

IzzyReggie
Level 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #581 on: March 01, 2013, 07:25:32 PM »

Ghostpunk is a very descriptive+good name. Like on a scale of Escalated Strange to 5 it's a solid 4.

Twitter: @fistpuncher (no relation to the game)
eigenbom
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #582 on: March 01, 2013, 08:15:30 PM »

oh thank you
.___.

I've criticised a lot of things about this game, which I've followed from the very beginning, but I forgot to be constructive this time. I really love the artwork, but years(?) later still haven't played the game or seen any gameplay, so of course you will know best what may suit it. And if you are a ghost flying around listening to punk music, then ghostpunk couldn't be clearer. Wink

How about Eidolon or Eidola?

In ancient Greek literature, an eidolon (plural: eidola) (Greek εἴδωλον: "image, idol, double, apparition, phantom, ghost") is a spirit-image of a living or dead perso

namragog
Level 10

Humans are La La La~♪

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #583 on: March 01, 2013, 08:41:13 PM »

Wow oh um lots of feedback. Sorry Eigenbom, I was just kinda shocked by everything. Eidola is actually pretty nice. I really like it~

Ghostpunk is a very descriptive+good name. Like on a scale of Escalated Strange to 5 it's a solid 4.

Would Escalated Strange be a 1 then? Or is this a weird scale?

I liked the old title far more it had a nice ring to it, although you're the only one making this game so if that name works better with the overall theme of the game then go for it. I'm still going to play this game when it comes out and I'm still looking forward to it very much, keep it up Namragog!

I really like what you said because it made me think about the name a lot. Thank you. I'll have to decide now.

Other titles that I've written down over the years have been:

Ginger ale (I love this one. I don't know why.)
Dae
Dei
Operation Wonderful
Escalated Strange
Ghostpunk (obviously not going with that anymore. Heh.)
And now Eidola as well.

Um. So.
What should it be?

DustyDrake
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #584 on: March 01, 2013, 09:01:03 PM »

I like Escalated Strange (oddly I've thought of it this whole time as Escalated Estrange, weird). Eidola sounds good too, I've always had a soft spot for Greek names

eigenbom
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #585 on: March 01, 2013, 09:21:41 PM »

A Bad Dei (read as: a bad day)
Sexelated Change
Postghunk
Ninja Gale

Wink Wink Wink

ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #586 on: March 01, 2013, 11:13:47 PM »

I didn't like Escalated Strange to be fair, ghostpunk ain't bad

TNERB
Level 4

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #587 on: March 02, 2013, 03:47:58 AM »

Just program it to have a random title every time the game boots up

C.D Buckmaster
Level 7

Death via video games

View Profile
« Reply #588 on: March 02, 2013, 04:08:34 AM »

Have the name just be a drawing of a ghost, like Prince's symbol.
JctWood
Level 2

programmer/jammer

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #589 on: March 02, 2013, 04:27:09 AM »

This looks extremely cool! Good luck, cannot wait to play it!

@jctwood  |  programmer/jammer  |  jctwood.uk
IzzyReggie
Level 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #590 on: March 02, 2013, 12:39:27 PM »

Escalated Strange would be a 1 (which is not to say it's a bad name, I just think Ghostpunk is a whole lot better)

Honestly of all the names you listed the Top Two are Ghostpunk and Ginger Ale. The rest are either pretentious or silly with no balance. Ghostpunk and Ginger Ale hit the nail on the head (although I like Ginger Ale mostly because it's a whacky non-sequitur but also sounds/looks like it fits)

Twitter: @fistpuncher (no relation to the game)
Ashkin
Level 10

king of kings

View Profile
« Reply #591 on: March 02, 2013, 03:07:18 PM »

Estranged Ale
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #592 on: March 02, 2013, 03:37:41 PM »

Neorific Strange

SpaceHero Command ... In Development
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=23173.0
eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #593 on: March 02, 2013, 04:09:35 PM »

Escalated Strange would be a 1 (which is not to say it's a bad name, I just think Ghostpunk is a whole lot better)

Honestly of all the names you listed the Top Two are Ghostpunk and Ginger Ale. The rest are either pretentious or silly with no balance. Ghostpunk and Ginger Ale hit the nail on the head (although I like Ginger Ale mostly because it's a whacky non-sequitur but also sounds/looks like it fits)
How do you do that? That thing of judging the suitability of a game's name without having played it?
I liked Escalated Strange, because the game looks weird and the name itself was refreshingly original. Ghostpunk sounds like the name of a dumb Japanese hack and slash.
Escalated strange doesn't give anything about the game, but immediately suggests a different experience.

-BEEP- is quite nice, actually.

namragog knows his thing better than us, but damn, Ghostpunk is stupid as all hell.

Sorry for the bluntness, nams.

Yeah.
namragog
Level 10

Humans are La La La~♪

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #594 on: March 02, 2013, 06:06:25 PM »

I didn't like Escalated Strange to be fair, ghostpunk ain't bad

Okay, fair enough~

Just program it to have a random title every time the game boots up

What would I call it outside of the game itself then?

Nooo

This looks extremely cool! Good luck, cannot wait to play it!

You're extremely cool! <3

Hahahaha I'm glad you like Ginger Ale! Guess what I was drinking when I thought of it? Water.

Estranged Ale

Oh

Neorific Strange

Hm

How do you do that? That thing of judging the suitability of a game's name without having played it?
I liked Escalated Strange, because the game looks weird and the name itself was refreshingly original. Ghostpunk sounds like the name of a dumb Japanese hack and slash.
Escalated strange doesn't give anything about the game, but immediately suggests a different experience.

-BEEP- is quite nice, actually.

namragog knows his thing better than us, but damn, Ghostpunk is stupid as all hell.

Sorry for the bluntness, nams.

Hahaha totally fine! I'm kinda starting to hate it now too... Maybe ES is the way to go.

namragog
Level 10

Humans are La La La~♪

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #595 on: March 23, 2013, 06:09:32 PM »

Okay, so My new tileset is working pretty well. I made this in about 15 minutes outside of the game itself, so I could do something like this in maybe 10 minutes in the actual engine thingy~~

Since this is outside of the game, there is obviously no lighting, the player isn't there, no enemies, no border, no etc.

So this is a mockup basically.

Belimoth
Level 10

high-heeled cyberbully

View Profile
« Reply #596 on: March 31, 2013, 02:41:12 PM »

'👻'

'U+1F47B'

'鬼'

namragog
Level 10

Humans are La La La~♪

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #597 on: April 01, 2013, 12:36:32 PM »

huh

TNERB
Level 4

View Profile WWW Email