Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411539 Posts in 69383 Topics- by 58441 Members - Latest Member: Amit Kumar

May 02, 2024, 10:06:32 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytesting0
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: 0  (Read 2013 times)
mooosh
« on: August 20, 2011, 06:00:45 PM »

« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 06:41:41 AM by mooosh » Logged
oyog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 06:48:48 PM »

So I read the title as Snake Express and was pleasantly surprised when I looked at the screenshots.

Good stuff.  Took me four or five matches to finally get the hang of things.  It was fun once I did though. Awesome music and I got a kick out of the visuals.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 07:29:02 PM by oyog » Logged
karamazovapy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 07:23:08 PM »

I like the look, and I like the music, although having more than one track wouldn't be a bad idea.

I also really like the powerup/combo system, but the Dash moves all seem to be equally likely to get me killed.  I also really like the mask unlocks and how each one adds abilities!  It would be nice to have a one line description of exactly what they do, though.  There were a couple where I wasn't 100% sure how they were helping me.

The high score table is neat (w00t! I'm #2!), but would be way cooler if it could be accessed from inside the game.

My biggest frustration though, is with punching.  Right now, punching is really more like clotheslining.  I expect to be able to click and "throw" punches, but lots of times I die because my swings don't work out the way I think they will.  Similarly, it seems like the best strategy with this control scheme is to punch with both arms out all the time.  Unfortunately, this also triggers combos the second you collect them.  For the directional ones, it's can be a big waste and get you killed.  Maybe that's the idea.

My only other suggestion is to maybe have the game start in windowed mode instead of hijacking the whole screen.  I was a little surprised on the first start up.

Cool game!  It's a crazy concept, but it's fun!

edit:
Also, there seems to be a small bug where you can get stuck in the middle of the ring going across the top.  There doesn't seem to be anything blocking the way, but you can't move forward.  Weird.  I've also managed to "dash" myself outside the ring on several occasions.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 07:56:30 PM by karamazovapy » Logged

BoxedLunch
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 08:58:02 PM »

wow, i honestly went into this thinking it would be Seizuredome (blame the controversy over you a while back), as much as i wanted it not to be. I'm really glad that this ended up being something very unique and unlike any other arena game i've ever played.

Throwing punches works well, but like karamazovapy said, it does have it's flaws, like not really being able to take care of tons of enemies without powerups. The graphical style is also very interesting, especially how you combined a lot of simple stuff in the fighting portion of the game with the hand-drawn style that you have shown that you are very good at. The only problem i have with the graphics is that sometimes explosions can cover things like the swarms of pets, or other enemies i may need to see.

Great game though, and congrats on it being your first. Coffee
Supermini_man
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 07:16:41 AM »

Nice game, and it's specially interesting that it's your first one since it's really well polished. Smiley
mazimadu
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 07:36:56 PM »

Your game has an interesting style. Looks like what would happen if cactus made a Smash TV clone.  Smiley

Keep it up. I will be watching you  Blink.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic