Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411486 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 09:30:10 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDiablo 3 O_o !!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 42
Print
Author Topic: Diablo 3 O_o !!  (Read 80661 times)
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2008, 11:03:54 AM »

And the reason why the barbarians cries and stuff were flashy was probably just so, you know, the player could have some feedback of the effects.
They had the same (i.e. effects) in Diablo II, right?

I was talking about Diablo 2, actually. I haven't seen the new trailers yet.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2008, 11:56:34 AM »

I will probably play it because I love the series.

But I wish it weren't just "Diablo 2, just more classes and better graphics". Because from the gameplay video, that's what it looks like right now. They didn't really try anything risky or innovative (or if they did, they're keeping it under wraps for now).

Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2008, 11:59:36 AM »

They didn't really try anything risky or innovative

Well, it's Blizzard.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2008, 12:01:08 PM »

Maybe, but Blizzard has been innovative occasionally. The Lost Vikings for instance, I've never played a game quite like that.

Also, Starcraft was the first RTS to my knowledge to create drastically different races rather than have the them be slightly different versions of one another (as in Warcraft 2 or C&C: Red Alert).

Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2008, 12:07:55 PM »

Yes, yes, but when was the last time they were innovative? 20 Years ago? Instead of creating new franchises they give us Starcraft with pretty graphics and Diablo with pretty graphics.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2008, 12:24:34 PM »

SC was in 1998, so 10 years I guess. Ghost seemed like it was going to be innovative, but they abandoned it. I haven't yet played WoW so I've no idea if it's innovative as an MMORPG, but I suspect it is at least slightly, otherwise it wouldn't totally dominate MMORPGs like it does in terms of number of subscriptions.

But even if Blizzard hasn't done anything but remake its old games with better graphics for 10 years, that doesn't mean they never will do anything but that. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2008, 12:34:50 PM »

Yes, yes, but when was the last time they were innovative? 20 Years ago? Instead of creating new franchises they give us Starcraft with pretty graphics and Diablo with pretty graphics.

Yeah, I would like to see some new IPs from Blizz. However, they are definitely quite capable at getting the most mileage out of their old properties it seems. Say what you will about WOW, but it is a amazing achievement (in terms of overall scope/design) of a game that has it's foundations in the Warcraft RTS. I don't mind them re-making the classics, but hell, I would love to see them try something new and different. It's not like they don't have enough money to take a few risks here and there...

Now, while Starcraft II looks pretty much identical to the original game the real changes (or ones they have announced so far) regard the individual units and their new abilities. Diablo III does look pretty much just like the originals but there is something more that you can see when watching the gameplay trailer on the site. The gameplay at it's core looks to be still pretty much the same but with an added intensity and fluidity not seen in the first two games.

i always thought diablo was basically a roguelike. no character development/story needed.

Definitely.

The story in the first two games was pretty much filler. Pretty damn well written filler though...I was just playing Diablo I the other day and was actually thinking to myself "this dialogue isn't half bad".

But yeah, a game like this doesn't need a whole lot of story.

Although...according to the official site there will be many more quests then in the first few games, so I am led to believe that this game might have more of a story then the previous installments.

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
gamer4Life
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2008, 12:43:36 PM »

Now that I think about it, Blizzard isn't nearly as innovative as I thought they were Smiley

But, I agree with skald - their games are amazing in scope and design.

And, I thought Diablo I and Diablo II are extremely different.  It's like playing 2 different games (in fact, I like the first one and hated the second.)

With all that said, maybe Blizzard's got something up their sleeves with this next one...
Kekskiller
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2008, 01:32:44 PM »

I believe in Blizzard's mainstream quality, so I expect the following things:

- a 2D-controlled, 3D-looking, simple roguelike.
- NO internet activation, NO costs per month
- a good single player mode
- addictive >8 player multiplayer mode

I also want faster leveling and shorter, better constructed levels... It was always a pain to realise my character was wrong skilled after 2 days of hardcore gaming... I hated D1/D2 for those situations. But I loved it to see how well the overall game was made.

And look at all the design work! I read the manual ONLY to see the awesome artwork <3 ...
Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2008, 02:37:14 PM »

Also, for those that assumed so, in those gameplay trailers the barbarian isn't using magic. He's just equiping enchanted gear that has elemental damage built-in. All of his skill are physical, like shouts and stomps and jumps.

Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2008, 02:50:46 PM »

I know, you just can't be a fan of Diablo after playing Planescape Torment Sad

I actually have played both (add to the mix the awesome Arcanum and the godlike Fallout), and that hasn't stopped me from replayeing either. I just keep the mind open to the fact that their goals were significantly different on each.

Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2008, 02:54:12 PM »

Indeed, I'm an enourmous Torment fan, and a big Diablo fan. They aren't the same type of game. They have two completely different focuses.

And the combat in Torment blew. As did the story and plot in Diablo.

Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2008, 03:01:39 PM »

I actually liked the plot and the setting on Diablo 1. It was about a man/woman on the path of his/her damnation. He really had no choice whatsoever. How could s/he expect to fully defeat the Lord of Terror him/herself?

Then Diablo 2 showed us that the hero(ine) from diablo 1 was just a weak dumb fuckwad. Everyone and their mothers can manage to defeat the legions of hell on tehir own.

Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2008, 03:37:17 PM »

Looks like a non-Mediterranean Titan Quest.

The circle is complete.
Saladan0
Level 1

I am so Indie I beat Diamond Rider on Legendary.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2008, 03:41:23 PM »

I dont know why they are bothering to release this now, I would think that it would be better marketing to keep all they hype on star craft 2.
Seth
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2008, 03:47:26 PM »

I dont know why they are bothering to release this now, I would think that it would be better marketing to keep all they hype on star craft 2.

I really don't think they'll have a big problem due to this.
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2008, 04:05:37 PM »

StarCraft 2 hypes itself anyway.
FARTRON
Level 4

the last man in space

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2008, 06:22:26 PM »

A sequel to a successful franchise? Shocking.

Everything that was once directly lived has receded into a representation. - debord
Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2008, 07:09:01 PM »

Korea hypes StarCraft 2.

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2008, 11:32:52 PM »

YES!  This is great.  I love Diablo.

Ghost seemed like it was going to be innovative, but they abandoned it.

I always felt Ghost looked like a pretty mediocre Metal Gear Solid-style affair.  What seemed innovative to you about it?

I'd be totally excited for a new Rock n' Roll Racing game, though!!!  I remember reading some brief previews for Heavy Metal Racing back in they day... I wonder what happened to that.

"Olaf's in another timezone!"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 42
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic