Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411479 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58425 Members - Latest Member: solpreston

April 23, 2024, 09:07:07 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDiablo 3 O_o !!
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42
Print
Author Topic: Diablo 3 O_o !!  (Read 80659 times)
The Monster King
Level 10

FRKUC im ALWAYS ANGRY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnerd

View Profile
« Reply #800 on: October 20, 2012, 04:38:45 AM »

I honestly think they really fucked up with the runes. I believe it was supposed to replace items having skill modifiers by making those skill modifiers an item in themselves. But searching for them wasn't fun and it just completely devalues standard items. So they gave them away for free - making acquiring them boring - and left the standard items still devalued.

wasnt boring, you actually got A THING at every level (except like one I think)

some of it was lame but like nillo said some of it completely changed your spells. The runes were cool, but the fights themselves (beyond your first WHOA IM STRONG moments) are lame. OH NO A EXPLODY GUY we are all dead again. why couldnt we kill the explody guy
Bandages
« Reply #801 on: October 20, 2012, 11:16:21 AM »

I should really finish my first playthrough at somepoint. Never even beat Act 3 normal..
st33d
« Reply #802 on: October 20, 2012, 12:10:43 PM »

You can do Act 4 pretty quickly. I quite enjoyed the Diablo fight, my team was bloody useless so it felt pretty epic reviving my constantly dying comrades.

I did really enjoy my first play through. I'm mostly pissed about the replay value. I only liked the DH class. Witch Doctor is crap compared to the Necromancer and the other classes I found pretty dull. In Nightmare I'd ran out of new powers to unlock and had ten more levels of runes I didn't give a shit about to grind through. Items weren't going to give me new mechanics, just slower or faster of the same old. I felt cheated.

It's like the same issue I have with WoW. I find the entry point really entertaining and then you've got this grind till it apparently gets good again.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #803 on: October 20, 2012, 06:41:49 PM »

I really like the Rune system and going from the "endless respecs" to Torchlight 2 felt kinda off. I found a sick gun but hey I can't use it because I put points into hammers, not guns. Whups. D3 circumvents that by making Respecs fairly easy.

I think with T2 it would be good if they just added two skill saves, just like WoW. That way I can spec one this way and one another way. Maybe make it so you can only switch in town at a dude and doing so breaks any buffs you have. That way there's a risk to it.
lolpatrol
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #804 on: October 22, 2012, 05:40:51 AM »

Diablo 3 is getting better and better with all these patches. They are also very good at keeping people in the loop and aware of their thought process, it is really awesome to read their blogs on diablo3 dot com
nekokoneko
« Reply #805 on: October 22, 2012, 11:10:55 AM »

Shame they had the audacity to shit talk about how amazing Diablo3 was when it was released when its taken months of community feedback and patches to get it to state where its at the level people expected.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #806 on: October 22, 2012, 11:11:59 AM »

so what has changed?
Bandages
« Reply #807 on: October 22, 2012, 11:20:18 AM »

so what has changed?

I logged in to play earlier, and it was even easier. They changed lightning armor so that whenever I walked by enemies, they'd die in one shot, I didn't even have to click them. After wasting another one of the act 3 bosses in about 1/2 a second, I uninstalled D3 from my computer.

:|

(and I got the new MtG:2013 game to pass time instead)
Moczan
« Reply #808 on: October 23, 2012, 02:21:47 PM »

so what has changed?

Depening on where you left, better Legendary and Set items, some nerfs/buffs on both character and enemy sides, Monster Power Level system similar to "Player 8" command in D2 (on MP10 Inferno enemies have 3439% health and deal almost 400% more damage, so Castle is posting bullshit), Infernal Machine, a end-game content where you fight buffed versions of bosses in duos, mainly to get resources to craft unique Ring etc. Definitely going in good direction.
Fegon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #809 on: October 24, 2012, 09:19:47 AM »

so what has changed?

Depening on where you left, better Legendary and Set items, some nerfs/buffs on both character and enemy sides, Monster Power Level system similar to "Player 8" command in D2 (on MP10 Inferno enemies have 3439% health and deal almost 400% more damage, so Castle is posting bullshit), Infernal Machine, a end-game content where you fight buffed versions of bosses in duos, mainly to get resources to craft unique Ring etc. Definitely going in good direction.

Those are all awesome things. But being one who didn´t get the game, it does nothing about the stuff that made me lose interest in the first place. No offline, WoW graphics, no penalty for dying etc. All that stuff that has been discussed to no end. But yeah, i can´t see that i will get the game anytime soon but they seem to be making alot of good changes based on users.

But will it be enough, ba-bada-ba-baaoo...
Moczan
« Reply #810 on: October 24, 2012, 10:24:08 AM »

Yep, they are definitely aiming those patches at existing user-base, changing stuff that mostly affects Inferno players like Monster Power, Paragon Levels, the Uber bosses etc.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #811 on: October 24, 2012, 02:19:51 PM »

You lose equipment durability for dying so...

Also "WoW graphics" lol.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #812 on: October 25, 2012, 02:05:20 AM »

tbh i don't like the more generic "high fantasy" aesthetic either. the first 2 games' trashy horror/fantasy mix was a lot more fun.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #813 on: October 25, 2012, 02:17:40 AM »

I would argue that the graphics stayed relatively true to Diablo 2. Diablo 1 not so much. The tone is very different though, and not something I liked. The ambiguity of angels is completely lost, and instead it's "lol heaven vs hell"
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #814 on: October 25, 2012, 02:28:24 AM »

It's clear that "everyone's a jerk" but only through what people say, the actual player never has to confront how shitty the angels are, because the game pulls its punches (for the expansion)
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #815 on: October 25, 2012, 05:10:46 PM »

Yeah, at best you see Imperius being somewhat of a jerk, with all other named angels being okayish.

Personally, withjout the Worldstone, I totally hoped a Heaven vs Hell full scale war, with Sanctuary as the battleground, with humans and nephalem vying for survival in a totally devastated world. Instead we got a heap of shit.

Bandages
« Reply #816 on: October 25, 2012, 06:35:29 PM »

Yeah, at best you see Imperius being somewhat of a jerk, with all other named angels being okayish.

Personally, withjout the Worldstone, I totally hoped a Heaven vs Hell full scale war, with Sanctuary as the battleground, with humans and nephalem vying for survival in a totally devastated world. Instead we got a heap of shit.

"Diablo's back! Beat the two other diablos and then diablo! Amnesia angel! Witch girl!'You fight with both honor and ferocity. I know that a pure soul must burn within you.'"
Moczan
« Reply #817 on: October 25, 2012, 11:14:49 PM »

You lose equipment durability for dying so...

Also "WoW graphics" lol.

Also, hardcore mode, for those who think durability loss is not enough of a punishment for dying Wink And ilvl 63 items are bitch when it comes to repairing.
st33d
« Reply #818 on: October 25, 2012, 11:59:25 PM »

Still not tried hardcore mode. My internet connection isn't reliable enough, I died about 50 times from lag on Act 1 Normal.
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #819 on: September 17, 2013, 12:19:49 PM »

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/10974978/

The auction house is getting shut down in March next year.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic