Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411432 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: gigig987

April 20, 2024, 05:27:17 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralAll Purpose Animu Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 259
Print
Author Topic: All Purpose Animu Discussion  (Read 515088 times)
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1880 on: November 18, 2012, 01:18:58 PM »

btw. WHERE'S 8TH EP OF CHUUNIBYOU Sad((

part 1:

part 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YtwPPsBKGQ

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Conker534
« Reply #1881 on: November 18, 2012, 02:55:12 PM »

I used to seriously think that way. I'm glad I grew out of that whole waifu thing.

Aquanoctis
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1882 on: November 18, 2012, 02:59:23 PM »

The guy sounds like a cross between Jesse Pinkman and Egorapter's Solid Snake impression.
ink.inc
« Reply #1883 on: November 18, 2012, 03:05:48 PM »

I used to seriously think that way. I'm glad I grew out of that whole waifu thing.

i was under the impression that everyone did it sarcastically/self-deprecatingly but i guess not
Aquanoctis
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1884 on: November 18, 2012, 03:10:20 PM »

Yeah same. I too though, would really love to speak to one of those people who follow all those 'rules' and stuff. Not out of any ill purpose, just to see what makes them tick.
zalzane
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: November 18, 2012, 03:11:14 PM »

i was under the impression that everyone did it sarcastically/self-deprecatingly but i guess not

I was under that impression too. I never thought anyone was actually serious about it.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1886 on: November 18, 2012, 03:13:27 PM »

I was under the impression that sandoval was serious about this, I mean posting anime gif every day and drawing animay girls all the time....
I was also under the impression that sandoval was one day going to embrace his girly side to the fullest

ink.inc
« Reply #1887 on: November 18, 2012, 03:14:22 PM »

dum i don't even draw animu
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1888 on: November 18, 2012, 03:15:14 PM »

no , you draw huip girlz and amelie lookalikes all the time

ink.inc
« Reply #1889 on: November 18, 2012, 03:16:01 PM »

precisely
Bandages
« Reply #1890 on: November 18, 2012, 03:22:04 PM »

:I

What if you isolate yourself from the world but DON'T feel lonely? What then???
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1891 on: November 18, 2012, 06:10:31 PM »

Well, you will need to find your food on the wild I guess.

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1892 on: November 18, 2012, 07:19:34 PM »

hip girlz with berets are the "logical next step" for the otaku who wants something more serious than anime waifus and to be able to snub his formers peers

VDZ
Level 4

My post is there read that instead ->

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1893 on: November 18, 2012, 08:13:50 PM »

Yeah same. I too though, would really love to speak to one of those people who follow all those 'rules' and stuff. Not out of any ill purpose, just to see what makes them tick.

I was under that impression too. I never thought anyone was actually serious about it.

Nope, it exists. The underlying reason is the '3DPD' thing, though the 'ANY GIRL HAS SEX IS A SLUT' repeated all the time by retards misrepresents the issue.

The '2D love' idea originated in Japan, where as you may have heard the birth rate is currently declining. From what I have heard (and I am no expert on the subject, it's a very complicated situation), complicated social factors, as well as differences in values (apparently caused by the incompatible blending of traditional Japanese values and modern Western values) make it more difficult for young men and women to have a significant amount of contact with each other beyond high school. Basically, a significant amount of people don't get into relationships and remain virgin for a very long time or for their entire lives.

Since blaming others is easier than blaming yourself, this can cause a negative attitude towards women, which is reinforced with the prevalent stereotype that women are only out for money (there's no telling how much truth is in this, but Western influences have made women more emancipated, while the traditional Japanese 'yamato nadeshiko' view of an ideal women/female gender role is pretty much the polar opposite of this, leading to odd conflicts) and things like the perceived (?) promiscuity of Japanese teen girls (with stories about middle/high school girls selling their bodies online being really common).

Basically, people into '2D love' have grown dissatisfied with women in the real world (3DPD), and as such have sought and found their happiness in fictional love, letting it grow from a fantasy into an obsession where they delude themselves into truly loving fictional characters. This is also why it's 'not okay' to have multiple 'waifus' ('yome' (bride) as the Japanese call it), as the relationship is considered as serious as a real one.

'Waifu' is a term that originated on 4chan as a joke, though over time the term has evolved to also act as an equivalent to the Japanese 'yome', similar to how GAR evolved from meaning "I'm gay for this character" to "this character is extremely manly". The reason people can get up in arms regarding its usage is the same as why Narutards are looked down on; people with only a very shallow (and often mistaken) impression of a subject matter will only misrepresent the subject matter; if you care about something, you don't want it to be misrepresented (LOLOLOL I'm the biggest otaku there is!! I've seen all of Naruto! Japanese anime is so cool since they're always long and action-packed and much more serious than what we have in the West!). Imagine an army of hipsters invading the indie community, bragging about how they're cool because they played Minecraft, Braid and Super Meat Boy. You just don't want people to be retards about things you truly care about.

Now for a heartwarming photo...

(This NYTimes article is related. If you're wondering, the character is Nemu from Da Capo)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 08:29:16 PM by VDZ » Logged
ink.inc
« Reply #1894 on: November 18, 2012, 08:36:24 PM »

zalzane
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: November 18, 2012, 08:47:33 PM »

snip

context

VDZ
Level 4

My post is there read that instead ->

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1896 on: November 18, 2012, 08:49:26 PM »

Can't view it without creating an account to allow Google to track all of my activity over the internet.
zalzane
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: November 18, 2012, 09:34:29 PM »

Can't view it without creating an account to allow Google to track all of my activity over the internet.

the guy in his image is world champion masturbator

http://puu.sh/1rRhz
Conker534
« Reply #1898 on: November 18, 2012, 11:50:53 PM »

I have a friend that gets really upset when you talk about his "waifu". Like rage.

Its sad really. I was never like a crazy freak over a anime girl, but I was a little more than joking for a bit of time with my stupid waifu thing. I know real people that are really bad though. Its sad but whatever makes you happy, I guess. 
Bandages
« Reply #1899 on: November 19, 2012, 12:51:26 AM »

As long as a person isn't hurting anybody, they are free to waste their life in whatever virginal dreamstate they so choose  Wizard

I don't see what the problem is, either, chicks dig guys who are really into anime
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 259
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic