Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411480 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58426 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 23, 2024, 09:50:00 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralAll Purpose Animu Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 259
Print
Author Topic: All Purpose Animu Discussion  (Read 515314 times)
nekokoneko
« Reply #2100 on: December 18, 2012, 07:16:04 PM »

Kuragehime / Princess Jellyfish.

Fun series.
ink.inc
« Reply #2101 on: December 18, 2012, 07:52:26 PM »

the funnest
zalzane
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: December 19, 2012, 08:04:03 AM »

there was no kissu

kyoani has ruined christmas
Aik
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: December 19, 2012, 08:24:31 AM »

Has anyone been watching Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo?
It reminds me of the good parts of uni - with a creative motivated team of friends determined to do ambitious projects with ridiculous deadlines. I really miss that. The actual show is highly enjoyable too, surprisingly, given the premise.
ink.inc
« Reply #2104 on: December 19, 2012, 04:42:19 PM »

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: December 19, 2012, 05:00:52 PM »

SuperFlat

Conker534
« Reply #2106 on: December 19, 2012, 09:51:42 PM »

where can i watch?
Bandages
« Reply #2107 on: December 19, 2012, 11:34:41 PM »

My friend got me the first season of The Boondocks anime for X-mas

Super awesome. Best not-anime Anime ever
forwardresent
« Reply #2108 on: December 20, 2012, 05:38:06 AM »

I got the FLCL manga for Christmas, I had seriously no idea there was a manga oh my god. So I'm watching the TV series again before I read it.

I need more anime like Mirai Nikki.
Aquanoctis
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2109 on: December 20, 2012, 05:56:11 AM »

awesome gifs
Jeezus what is this it looks amazing

Last episode of Chuunibyou is out.
This happens at one point http://imgur.com/tS1RU
Jondog
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2110 on: December 20, 2012, 06:15:14 AM »

I got the FLCL manga for Christmas, I had seriously no idea there was a manga oh my god. So I'm watching the TV series again before I read it.

I think most anime is based off either a manga or a light novel, seems to be easier that way.

Anyway I watched the first Ghost in the Shell movie a few days ago, I really liked the exploration of what it means to be human and how well it was done within such a short movie. Definitely watching the other movie and the series sometime soon.

Now watching Noein because I caught a few episodes when it was on TV and thought it was quite interesting but never saw the whole thing.

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: December 20, 2012, 07:30:19 AM »

Beware, the second saison of ghost in the shell is much MUCH better than the first, The five first episode of the first saison are also lackluster, but you would best appreciate it if you read all the manga first (tome 1, tome 2, tome 1.5, man machine interface). Why? because it's the best retelling of the same events with different focus (metaphysics, evolutionary, social intelligence) I have ever seen. But the second saison as the best synthesis of the universe yet feel distinct and expend it in everyway.

I'll also point that the first saison predates and had certainly an influence on the creation of anonymous (the laughing man case, anonymous is basically a stand alone complex). The series is also a nice deconstruction of that type of movement spur by modern communication despite showing them before thay happen in the real world.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 07:39:12 AM by Gimmy TILBERT » Logged

Belimoth
Level 10

high-heeled cyberbully

View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: December 20, 2012, 07:33:45 AM »

Fuck, Gimmy, fucking spoilers all over that post.

forwardresent
« Reply #2113 on: December 20, 2012, 07:42:38 AM »

From what I understand the FLCL manga is one of those rare occasions where it was an anime first.
ham and brie
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: December 20, 2012, 08:49:50 AM »

From what I understand the FLCL manga is one of those rare occasions where it was an anime first.

Yeah, the manga is the adaptation.

Although most anime are from existing IP, a lot (perhaps the majority these days) of anime projects that aren't will also have some kind of manga version as part of the "media mix" business model.

Hajime Ueda, mangaka for FLCL, has done some work for Shaft, particularly the ED illustrations for Bakemonogatari, and also Q-ko-chan, an original manga. I really like his distinctive art style, but his writing is rather opaque...
VDZ
Level 4

My post is there read that instead ->

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2115 on: December 20, 2012, 09:05:29 AM »

Original anime aren't THAT rare. Manga and LN adaptations are way more common, and VN and novel adaptations are also more common, but there's often at least one original anime per season. For example, this season we have K, Psycho-Pass and Girls und Panzer as original anime (K had a manga that was released earlier, but that was a prequel for the anime), and last season we had continuations of original anime Dog Days and Rinne no Lagrange, and so on. They're outnumbered by non-original anime, but you can't really call them rare.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: December 20, 2012, 10:41:02 AM »

all gainax

Ego_Shiner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: December 20, 2012, 10:48:20 AM »

hm, personally i found the first season of gitssac a lot more compelling than the second one, even with the standalone episodes littered throughout it. to each his own i guess

Lo
forwardresent
« Reply #2118 on: December 20, 2012, 12:20:48 PM »

Original anime aren't THAT rare. Manga and LN adaptations are way more common, and VN and novel adaptations are also more common, but there's often at least one original anime per season. For example, this season we have K, Psycho-Pass and Girls und Panzer as original anime (K had a manga that was released earlier, but that was a prequel for the anime), and last season we had continuations of original anime Dog Days and Rinne no Lagrange, and so on. They're outnumbered by non-original anime, but you can't really call them rare.

I didn't mean it in an originality sense, I just meant it's way more common for a manga to be made into an anime than the other way round.
Lauchsuppe
Level 3

hruabp

View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: December 20, 2012, 12:37:30 PM »

I really like how chuunibyou turned out.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 259
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic