Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411276 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 12:07:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralAll Purpose Animu Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 259
Print
Author Topic: All Purpose Animu Discussion  (Read 510480 times)
Ego_Shiner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: December 24, 2012, 08:43:52 PM »

im just glad sachi hasnt gotten fucked up by anything yet, jesus

Lo
ink.inc
« Reply #2141 on: December 24, 2012, 09:22:12 PM »

im just glad sachi hasnt gotten fucked up by anything yet, jesus

but she did.... by her ex husband B)
Ego_Shiner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: December 24, 2012, 09:26:35 PM »

:I

on a nicer note

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Lo
C.D Buckmaster
Level 7

Death via video games

View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: December 24, 2012, 11:26:58 PM »

Wow, things sure escalated quickly in that volume.
The Monster King
Level 10

FRKUC im ALWAYS ANGRY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnerd

View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: December 25, 2012, 01:33:16 AM »

where are the new giant robots help
Aik
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #2145 on: December 25, 2012, 02:12:07 AM »

Dunno, next season looks pretty terrible. Seems like it will be a real backlog season.
But hey, maybe Vividred Operation won't be as painfully generic and borderline retarded as it looks? If it turns out to be something more like Simoun and less like Strike Witches, that would be awfully nice ... and absolutely nothing like Symphogear. I still can't believe they're making a second season to that.
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2146 on: December 25, 2012, 08:58:12 AM »

Princess Tutu may be the single girliest thing I've ever seen and I love it. In a way I'm just glad that there is a place for ballet-centric magical girl shows with a creepy metafictional subplot.
ham and brie
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: December 25, 2012, 11:30:46 AM »

Princess Tutu may be the single girliest thing I've ever seen and I love it. In a way I'm just glad that there is a place for ballet-centric magical girl shows with a creepy metafictional subplot.

Princess Tutu may actually have been made more for the otaku fans of magical girl anime. One indication is that the manga adaptation was serialised in Champion Red, which is a male oriented magazine. The show might be better for it though, since magical girl anime aimed at girls are long monster of week fare transparently advertising crap toys.
Bandages
« Reply #2148 on: December 25, 2012, 11:35:43 AM »

meoblob shit animes outsell tasteful things 10:1

so yeah even things like Madoka have to be wrapped up in moe to trick people into funding it or else what's the point
ham and brie
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: December 25, 2012, 12:00:17 PM »

What would make you think Shaft "wrap" things in moe as a trick?
The Monster King
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: December 25, 2012, 12:07:39 PM »

so i assume it's the same in your non robot animes
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: December 25, 2012, 12:20:23 PM »

What the hell I just watch? Goldorak (mazinger Z) + gundam + evangelion = WTF

Bandages
« Reply #2152 on: December 25, 2012, 12:25:46 PM »

What would make you think Shaft "wrap" things in moe as a trick?

Because you're not allowed to make anime unless you pander to quasipedophiles. There are very few anime I like, and they are all devoid of fanservice and moeshit, bar a few moments of exception. FLCL has fanservice but it's so tongue-in-cheek it's hard to mind.
ham and brie
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: December 25, 2012, 12:36:35 PM »

Because you're not allowed to make anime unless you pander to quasipedophiles. There are very few anime I like, and they are all devoid of fanservice and moeshit, bar a few moments of exception. FLCL has fanservice but it's so tongue-in-cheek it's hard to mind.

But it's a mistake to think that because you don't like something then the creators are being forced by commercial pressure to do it. It shouldn't be hard to believe there are creators who have found commercial success who actually like the style they use. In the case of Shaft and Madoka, it's pretty clear that they like Ume Aoki and her style.
The Monster King
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: December 25, 2012, 12:51:32 PM »

What the hell I just watch? Goldorak (mazinger Z) + gundam + evangelion = WTF

Super Robot Wars, the best srpg series

the secret is that its actually a mediocre srpg but since there are licensed giant robots in it  it is still super enjoyable

Gunleon is more of an homage to GaoGaiGar, but yes his final super attack has that OBVIOUS EVANGELION REFERENCE yes

it still manages to be its own robot and its one of the coolest around
Bandages
« Reply #2155 on: December 25, 2012, 01:03:41 PM »

But it's a mistake to think that because you don't like something then the creators are being forced by commercial pressure to do it. It shouldn't be hard to believe there are creators who have found commercial success who actually like the style they use. In the case of Shaft and Madoka, it's pretty clear that they like Ume Aoki and her style.

Not style, substance. Madoka is a critique of the mahou shoujo genre, because that's what gets funded and what gets sales. It's not like Shaft couldn't come up with a story about literally anything else, it's just the way Anime works that the majority of customers are only interested in girls and slice of life and cute shit and not... storytelling.

You are right in that I am turned off from the moe style (and I didn't particularly like Madoka's stylistic direction aside from the Witch's Mazes) But my complaint about the industry is a substantive one. I'm tired of the same stories over and over and over. I crave creativity in my stories! It'd be like if only one genre of game was ever getting produced. Minecraft clones. Forever. Because taking a risk with anything else would be suicide unless you had the funding yourself. That is not conducive to gaming as a whole, just as contemporary anime being mainly moeshit and sliceoflife isn't conducive to anime as whole.
The Monster King
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: December 25, 2012, 01:07:02 PM »

cue john and a shitty gif of one of the k on girls doing something and all nerds in the universe being like omg kawai moe moe horse dick
nekokoneko
« Reply #2157 on: December 25, 2012, 01:19:04 PM »

I loled.

But seriously, embrace Yotsubato and let it wash away all cynicism for a short period of time.
The Monster King
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: December 25, 2012, 01:28:09 PM »

i google imaged it and the 4chan little girl appeared

fuck you
nekokoneko
« Reply #2159 on: December 25, 2012, 01:43:09 PM »

http://mangafox.me/manga/yotsubato/

No moeshit. Just charming innocence.

Written by the Azumanga Author.

Seriously, its fucking funny and it makes you happy, basically the polar opposite of Oyasumi Punpun.
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 259
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic