Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 06:53:09 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralAll Purpose Animu Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 259
Print
Author Topic: All Purpose Animu Discussion  (Read 510454 times)
The Monster King
Level 10

FRKUC im ALWAYS ANGRY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnerd

View Profile
« Reply #2160 on: December 25, 2012, 01:43:57 PM »

<
No moeshit. Just charming innocence.

i dont think you understand what people are complaining about

riddle me this, nerdlord:

would you still watch it if it was a little boy
nekokoneko
« Reply #2161 on: December 25, 2012, 01:57:59 PM »

yes
The Monster King
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: December 25, 2012, 02:02:21 PM »

why didnt they make it a little boy, what do you think
how come there are 99 million little girl things and like 1 little boy "OMG INNOCENCE SO KAWAII" thing
Bandages
« Reply #2163 on: December 25, 2012, 03:04:48 PM »

Not to rain on your parade, but Zatch Bell, Dragonball and Beelzebub are all manga from the last decade(s) prominently featuring little boy peen.

I don't care for Yotsuba because it's slice-of-life and conflictless and boring. Manga isn't really the problem. A mangaka can make whatever they want fairly easily. Anime requires resources and time, and it would appear the only way to get that is to make the same old shit in a different package.
HöllenKobold
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: December 25, 2012, 03:46:48 PM »

Not style, substance. Madoka is a critique of the mahou shoujo genre, because that's what gets funded and what gets sales.
the irony when most of its plot threads and character types are derived from a played-straight tokusatsu show which is basically the male equivalent of mahou shoujo.

though that show itself riffs from battle royale

so i guess it's all good (shrug)

though tbh, it isn't much of a critique either. it's good but any psychological analysis stems from rules inherent to madoka itself. they aren't permutations of the genre itself. so it's much not of a valuable critique.

it's good tho.
or decent rather.

the writing's mostly only competent about its structure, besides how terrible the beginning is.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 04:05:17 PM by kummerspeck » Logged

Hell pits tend to be disguised as
things that would lead a passerby to
not think of them as portals to
eternal gnashing and wailing.
The Monster King
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: December 25, 2012, 04:11:31 PM »

Not to rain on your parade, but Zatch Bell, Dragonball and Beelzebub are all manga from the last decade(s) prominently featuring little boy peen.

you misunderstand, nerdlord

i dont know anything about zatch bell besides very melon but i can tell you none of the little boy peen is presented as something OMG ADORABLE LITTLE BOYS ARE SO INNOCENT AND JUST LIKE SEXUALIZED PETS its more like "ahhaha, dicks"

3 nude baby boys versus one million loli shit
ink.inc
« Reply #2166 on: December 25, 2012, 04:27:15 PM »

cue john and a shitty gif of one of the k on girls doing something and all nerds in the universe being like omg kawai moe moe horse dick

Conker534
« Reply #2167 on: December 25, 2012, 04:35:23 PM »

ink.inc
« Reply #2168 on: December 25, 2012, 04:42:43 PM »

omg kawai moe moe horse dick
The Monster King
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: December 25, 2012, 04:47:22 PM »

this is why i hate you guys : (
VDZ
Level 4

My post is there read that instead ->

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2170 on: December 25, 2012, 04:50:42 PM »

cue john and a shitty gif of one of the k on girls doing something and all nerds in the universe being like omg kawai moe moe horse dick

zalzane
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: December 25, 2012, 05:44:55 PM »

shit nigga ive been watching some LEGEND OF THE GALACTIC HEROES.

god damn that animu is bomb as fuck.

I had no idea anime and space opera would play so well with each other, and there's a whole 100 episodes of this. Needless to say, there goes my winter break.

Just look at this guy, I'd let him fuck me in the ass any day.

Ashkin
« Reply #2172 on: December 25, 2012, 05:50:58 PM »

... Undecided
Aik
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: December 25, 2012, 06:36:42 PM »

Castle: What anime are you watching this/last season? I don't understand this 'only moeshit is being made!' hysteria when we have Jormungand, Psycho Pass, Shin Sekai Yori, Btooom, Kingdom, Magi, and probably a couple of other very non-moeshit stuff airing/just finished airing.

Princess Tutu may actually have been made more for the otaku fans of magical girl anime. One indication is that the manga adaptation was serialised in Champion Red, which is a male oriented magazine. The show might be better for it though, since magical girl anime aimed at girls are long monster of week fare transparently advertising crap toys.

I quite seriously doubt that. Certainly there's nothing otaku-centric in the show itself, and the format of the show is pretty standard magical-girl monster of the week anyway. I can't imagine anyone with a brain who is primarily targeting an adult male demographic calling their show 'Princess Tutu' anyway, even in Japan.
The easy way to prove its target audience would be to find out what time it aired (morning, afternoon/evening, or late-night) - but good luck finding that.

Princess Tutu is easily one of my top-10 anime series, mind you - but it works much better as a children's story with depth than it does as an adult-aimed story.
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: December 25, 2012, 06:39:32 PM »

erhm my anniem is better than ur aniem erhm *pushes spectacles up nose directly into face, dies*

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Bandages
« Reply #2175 on: December 25, 2012, 06:55:34 PM »

Castle: What anime are you watching this/last season?

None. I see none because no one cares enough about any of them to ever mention them. No one ever takes screenshots or posts summaries of episodes or make youtube videos or .gifs or anything. There is absolutely zero sensationalism for anything that isn't bad.

Hand Metal LeftWizardHand Metal Right
Aik
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: December 25, 2012, 07:16:35 PM »

Are you only relying on this thread for information? I'd say that's not a good idea.

Take the initiative. Here's what's currently airing. Search youtube for <anime name>+pv to get the official trailers. You can also search for, say 'Winter 2013 anime chart' to find an image with upcoming anime and a short note on what it's about. Or lurk places where current anime is frequently discussed. This thread seems to be mostly interested in Chuunibyou, Punpun, and Madoka, which doesn't give too broad a view of what's currently happening.
Ego_Shiner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: December 25, 2012, 07:32:52 PM »

or just watch jojo because its  A L L  T H A T  W I L L  E V E R  M A T T E R

Lo
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: December 25, 2012, 09:52:56 PM »

What the hell I just watch? Goldorak (mazinger Z) + gundam + evangelion = WTF

Super Robot Wars, the best srpg series

the secret is that its actually a mediocre srpg but since there are licensed giant robots in it  it is still super enjoyable

Gunleon is more of an homage to GaoGaiGar, but yes his final super attack has that OBVIOUS EVANGELION REFERENCE yes

it still manages to be its own robot and its one of the coolest around

I know the game, I was referencing the blend from the major robot style (each name is the originator of the style). Namely mazinger for the super heroic tone, gundam for the military samourai visual style and evangelion for the attacks and visual choregraphy.

However Manga will always have cultural bomb, before it was effeminate male and lolicon that have people minds boggle. Moe (has evolve into) is just worse lolicon.

nekokoneko
« Reply #2179 on: December 25, 2012, 09:56:04 PM »

Btooom is a dire tryhard show. Overall most anime airing these days is good by comparison and not really great in the grand scheme of things.

This year has very little that i'd recommend as a medium transcending watch, maybe only Sakamichi no Apollon? Not that there aren't things worth watching but most of it relies on an interest/tolerance being present already.

- Hyouka / Chuuni are good but KyoAni are good at referencing things with their goto standard quirky characters

- Pseudo serious with blood = MATURE AND THEREFORE SRS shit like Zetman, Fate/Zero, Btooom

- Romance with a bit of SoL / Comedy thats either subtle but normally overly "girly" (Sukitte Ii na yo / Kimi ni Todoke) Or sexed up with the go to character types - (Tonari no kaibutsu kun, Sakurasou pet no kanojo)

The stand out things that aren't completely formulaic that come to mind are Moyashimon returns, Tsuritama, Natsuyuki Rendezvous, Sakamichi no Apollon, Usagi Drop and Jinrui (probably missing some) And even those are acquired tastes amongst people that "like" anime.

Most of the above par series are still contrived, shitty and wont be mentioned a year or two down the line.
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 259
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic