Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 09:56:46 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralAll Purpose Animu Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 259
Print
Author Topic: All Purpose Animu Discussion  (Read 515063 times)
Bandages
« Reply #2180 on: December 25, 2012, 09:59:24 PM »

Are you only relying on this thread for information? I'd say that's not a good idea.

Take the initiative. Here's what's currently airing.

I am pretty widespread over the internet, I feel like I absorb a good amount of culture. I did take a look at the list and found one show out of all of them that looked interesting from the cover. "Space Bros" looked funny. Everything else was just shonen and moe or old stuff (?? unless hamtaro is new but I remember that being on CN like 10 years ago)

It's still really disappointing as a whole. I guess if you looked at American TV the same way it'd be the same situation. Very few artists/attempts to do things that original in a sea of rehashes and cliches.

Cry Why can't the world be a perfect utopia of intellectuals and artists
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: December 25, 2012, 10:01:24 PM »

BTW if an anime is really good or "game" changing, every body talks about it you can't miss it.

Ashkin
« Reply #2182 on: December 25, 2012, 11:37:07 PM »

Man I wish they would make a third season of Spice and Wolf Epileptic
Aik
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: December 25, 2012, 11:50:02 PM »

Well, I'm not going to try and convince you any further than that, but if you're going to be ignorant - stop bitching. You can't moan about how terrible anime has become if you're not paying any attention to what's actually being released. I watched at least 3 episodes of nearly every new show (excluding the kid's stuff - you're not including that as 'moe', are you?) last season and I can tell you that it's not all 'shounen and moe' (whatever that's meant to mean), but ... whatever.

And yeah, Btooom is shit. Not entirely unenjoyable shit, but shit nonetheless.
I think there aren't going to be any amazing classics coming from this year - but then, I don't really go in expecting that. This last season was thoroughly enjoyable.

edit: wow, Btooom's ending was particularly shitty. Do they really think they're going to be able to do a second season of it, or are they just trying to stay faithful to the source material? Either way...
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 03:04:45 AM by Aik » Logged
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: December 26, 2012, 12:03:21 AM »

don't bother arguing with gilbert timmy, he's going to propagate his bullshit regardless of whether or not it conflicts with reality

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2185 on: December 26, 2012, 12:04:33 AM »

Man, Punpun is going on a downward spiral. I think it is for the better Sachi wasn't really affected by his shenanigans. I'm getting tired about all the pegasus shit tho.

ink.inc
« Reply #2186 on: December 26, 2012, 03:36:46 AM »

its hard to tell which part is more surreal; punpun's life or pegasus's insane ramblings
Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2187 on: December 26, 2012, 06:35:18 AM »

Pegasus insane ramblings are more surreal while punpun's life is more disturbing. (not that Pegasus can't be disturbing at times, and Punpun's life has its surreal moments)

Last vol. was super tense. Like I totally wasn't expecting a fucking murder in the first twenty pages. Things aren't going to get better afterwards, for sure.  WTF

Now we have to wait months to get the next vol.. Sad

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: December 26, 2012, 06:47:29 AM »

But I never said everything was moe : P don't need moe to be derivative, something I point out too
The moe part was the analysis of the trend, how it has spread, and how it became a huge turn off.
I'm watching enough of each anime, each year, each season, to have an opinion.

Bandages
« Reply #2189 on: December 26, 2012, 09:57:55 AM »

Well, I'm not going to try and convince you any further than that, but if you're going to be ignorant - stop bitching.

Why'd you go and have to drag pointlessly aggressive language into this discussion?

I'm not going to argue my point any more, since I feel I've thoroughly explained my position, as well as looked at your side of things with that link you posted. But now I'm just disappointed that you chose to stoop to that argument (you're ignorant and bitching!) instead of actually trying to argue for the fact that modern anime is creative or breaks out of cliche.

The moment you lose your cool, you lose the argument.  Wizard
namragog
« Reply #2190 on: December 26, 2012, 02:13:31 PM »

Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: December 26, 2012, 04:55:07 PM »

Well, I'm not going to try and convince you any further than that, but if you're going to be ignorant - stop bitching.

Why'd you go and have to drag pointlessly aggressive language into this discussion?

I'm not going to argue my point any more, since I feel I've thoroughly explained my position, as well as looked at your side of things with that link you posted. But now I'm just disappointed that you chose to stoop to that argument (you're ignorant and bitching!) instead of actually trying to argue for the fact that modern anime is creative or breaks out of cliche.

The moment you lose your cool, you lose the argument.  Wizard

you and gilbert's passive aggressive bullshit is far more irritating and shitty than his overtly aggressive comments.  Wizard if you're right, then all successful trolls are actually master debaters.  Wizard Wizard Wizard Wizard Wizard Wizard

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Aik
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: December 26, 2012, 07:44:44 PM »

It makes me cranky when people dismiss things that they don't know anything about, and your post indicates pretty clearly that you don't know anything about the what's currently airing, despite being told how to find out. Yes, you visited that link - all that link shows is what's airing, on what day and time, with a small thumbnail to go with it. Somehow you've extrapolated that information and declared that it's all 'shounen and moe', two words that I think you don't understand. Of course, that link is very useful - you can click through and find information, summaries, and reviews - and you can search for information on things (e.g. looking on youtube for a preview/trailer). It should be self-evident that the information on that site alone isn't sufficient to form a valid opinion on anything.

But okay, I'll do the work for you:

Shin Sekai Yori:

Psycho Pass:

Zetsuen no Tempest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkjLUR97-B4
K: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQk8SfKIJ8Y
Robotics;Notes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPKYSSRpXDU
Jormungand: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qofZjpp-6A

There were other good things this season, but I think you would dismiss something like Girls und Panzer or Sakurasou out of hand.

And no, I'm not claiming that any of these are amazing masterpieces that shatter the mould of anime or whatever, and you don't have to like them or be interested in them. But, I think they don't deserve to be dismissed out of hand and I think it's ridiculous to claim that anime is in some freefall decline into moe and shounen when we have this sort of variety airing in a single season. All of these shows are bringing something new to the table.
Trystin
Level 4

Nyoom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2193 on: December 26, 2012, 08:10:38 PM »

I started watching Death Note the other day, why I have not watched sooner only God knows  Hand Pencil Apoplectic

Jondog
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2194 on: December 26, 2012, 08:18:35 PM »

Watched Trigun Badlands Rumble yesterday, seeing the characters and the world with good art is pretty cool.

Bandages
« Reply #2195 on: December 26, 2012, 08:38:49 PM »

you and gilbert's passive aggressive bullshit is far more irritating and shitty than his overtly aggressive comments.  Wizard if you're right, then all successful trolls are actually master debaters.  Wizard Wizard Wizard Wizard Wizard Wizard

Eat a poop from a butt  Wizard
Ego_Shiner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: December 26, 2012, 10:21:40 PM »

now forgive me if im wrong sir, but i think the moment you are proven wrong you lose the argument, but that almost never happens, so maybe dont think of arguments as internet dick-measuring competitions  Smiley
also, just because a point is badly argued doesnt mean its wrong

Lo
zalzane
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: December 26, 2012, 10:25:47 PM »

I feel like I'm reading some kind of gussied up "U MAD BRO LOL"
feminazi
« Reply #2198 on: December 26, 2012, 11:32:07 PM »

so what's an anime that doesnt involve 10yo girls shaking their asses in a forum users avatar

also about the argument of anime shitiness. considering lot of its fans here are pretty shitty people as displayed in the 1reasonwhy thread i don't feel bad about derailing this at all. animes are bad. cartoons are bad. video games are bad. everything is so bad and you shoudl be mad at this post cos in the end its jsut dum and gilbert timmy is jsut a sonic fan, which is pretty much the same level of bad as anime, so jsut shrug it off and get back to posting really bad gifs
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 11:38:50 PM by _e_va » Logged
Conker534
« Reply #2199 on: December 26, 2012, 11:38:36 PM »

so what's an anime that doesnt involve 10yo girls shaking their asses in a forum users avatar

Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 259
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic