Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411433 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: gigig987

April 20, 2024, 06:04:25 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralAll Purpose Animu Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 259
Print
Author Topic: All Purpose Animu Discussion  (Read 515090 times)
Kinaetron
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2880 on: June 21, 2013, 08:26:08 AM »

I watch Darker Than Black again and it totally holds up, I'm too scared to watch the second season though as I've being hearing they really mess it up.

its shit

Welp I'II just keep not watching it then.

Life sucks and then you die.
Garthy
Level 9

Quack, verily

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2881 on: June 21, 2013, 04:31:03 PM »

I watch Darker Than Black again and it totally holds up, I'm too scared to watch the second season though as I've being hearing they really mess it up.

I'll save you some time.

- Hei has been demoted from main character to secondary abusive mentor. He has been stripped of his powers, and the process seems to have removed much of his character and charm as well.

- Mao has been inexplicably brought back to life, rendering his character development and emotionally shocking final moments in season one completely moot, and is now a cute and lovable mascot character. Yes, Mao.

- The main character is basically a magical girl, right down to transformation sequence and mascot (Mao). Oh, and she doesn't have to pay a contractor's price, ignoring one of the themes that underpins the series. In series one this was a plot device, in series two it just came off as being lazy.

- Expect a few awkward moments due to uncomfortable pandering to a segment of the market that probably didn't even care for season one.

- Pretty-much every character from series one has their characterisation derailed or are outright killed off to make room for series' new pet characters.

- If there was a plot, it was forgettable. As in, I literally cannot remember it.

On the plus side I found the intro theme catchy, and there are a few neat action sequences- almost a couple of minutes worth overall.

The series as a whole feels like a badly done dark-and-edgy-but-not-really magical girl show that had the characters from season one, in name only, forcibly grafted onto it. It was one of those series that I forced myself to watch near the end, in the hope that the ending redeemed it. It didn't.

Season one still rocks though. Smiley
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 05:04:50 AM by Garthy » Logged
agersant
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: June 21, 2013, 06:28:56 PM »

@Garthy > This post is word for word what I think of it. Kudos.
C.D Buckmaster
Level 7

Death via video games

View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: June 21, 2013, 07:34:01 PM »

I finally got around to watching Attack on Titan, it's been great so far, although I'm finding it really hard to stop watching.

EDIT: I'm still watching it and it's just getting better, although it gets really grimdark at times.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 09:22:52 PM by C.D Buckmaster » Logged
PowRTocH
« Reply #2884 on: June 22, 2013, 04:58:26 AM »

the best anime
Garthy
Level 9

Quack, verily

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2885 on: June 22, 2013, 05:04:30 AM »

Not a problem. Smiley The thought of further victims being led into watching season two off the strength of season one compelled me to post. Wink
antoniodamala
« Reply #2886 on: June 22, 2013, 08:50:34 PM »

I finally got around to watching Attack on Titan, it's been great so far, although I'm finding it really hard to stop watching.

EDIT: I'm still watching it and it's just getting better, although it gets really grimdark at times.

It's quite mediocre, at least the beginning of it. Of course it can improve like Naruto, but so far: mediocre.

Oh, but the jokes on tumblr are really neat.
Kinaetron
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2887 on: June 23, 2013, 07:12:07 AM »

Not a problem. Smiley The thought of further victims being led into watching season two off the strength of season one compelled me to post. Wink

And you did you're job magnificently, you've literally killed any interest I had left in watching Season 2. Kudos sir kudos 

Life sucks and then you die.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: June 23, 2013, 08:09:48 AM »

Hu, the beginning of naruto is the better part (up to zabuza), after it's dragon ball bullshit up to 11 (10 oh! you got me! or so you think, here is my secret techniques/transformation/forbidden form Got to 10). Before we were fully made aware of all limitation and they built situation and strategy based on known fact. And also there was hint of deep culture and geopolitical tension until it become "yo, my bro crew of random power/outfits". But I guess that's still a shonen kid's show not GITS stand alone complex with ninja.

Garthy
Level 9

Quack, verily

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2889 on: June 23, 2013, 06:24:17 PM »

And you did you're job magnificently, you've literally killed any interest I had left in watching Season 2. Kudos sir kudos 

I can only hope to spare others the disappointment that season two delivered. Thankfully season one is extremely rewatchable. Smiley
PowRTocH
« Reply #2890 on: June 23, 2013, 08:59:09 PM »

I'm already bored of Attack on Titan. Everybody has a serious morale problem in that show. If you're born into a world with that kind of context you wouldn't be bitching about it every waking second because you have nothing to compare it to. Also it's gotten really slow and boring.

C.D Buckmaster
Level 7

Death via video games

View Profile
« Reply #2891 on: June 23, 2013, 09:53:54 PM »

Although I still like it, I definitely agree with you about the latter episodes being slow, the last one felt completely unnecessary.
ham and brie
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: June 24, 2013, 04:56:08 AM »

I'm already bored of Attack on Titan. Everybody has a serious morale problem in that show. If you're born into a world with that kind of context you wouldn't be bitching about it every waking second because you have nothing to compare it to. Also it's gotten really slow and boring.
They were born in a world where nearly everyone assumed the walls protected them, because for a century that was true. Life wasn't so harsh when they had the land within Wall Maria.

They made the point from the start that the guards had grown soft. Even most of the people who trained with Eren had not understood how terrifying giants were because they'd not seen the attack, and many people joined the military for privileges, not because they had the resolve to fight.

It is going annoyingly slow though.
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2893 on: June 24, 2013, 05:24:58 AM »

I'm only a 6 episodes into Attack on Titan. Digging it so far, but I haven't gotten to the slow bits yet. Totally agree on the grimdarkness of the show- maybe it's just because my spring watching of Evangelion is still fresh in my mind, but I can't help compare the two. Humanity is constantly besieged by a mysterious outside threat, only a batch of kids with oddball technology can help fight them, but wait the military group in charge is totally suspicious and corrupt and just what is the deal with these enemies anyway? I'm just waiting for the Gainax twist to drop.
PowRTocH
« Reply #2894 on: June 24, 2013, 07:36:24 AM »

It's basically exactly like Evangelion so far.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #2895 on: June 24, 2013, 10:32:38 AM »

father issue?

Chromanoid
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: June 24, 2013, 11:31:14 AM »

What do you guys think about Suisei no Gargantia?

@Attack on Titan: Last ep was slow, but to me it's still the most enjoyable show this season.
nekokoneko
« Reply #2897 on: June 24, 2013, 11:34:39 AM »

Tryhard wannabe scifi cloke over a bogstandard series. Stopped at the trash dance/festival where they throw in the obligatory fanservice.
zalzane
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: June 24, 2013, 02:07:39 PM »

I'm only a 6 episodes into Attack on Titan.

I'm just waiting for the Gainax twist to drop.

hahahahahaa
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2899 on: June 24, 2013, 08:00:01 PM »

Okaaaaay episode seven of Attack on Titan just
I don't
hrmmmm

Good thing I'm only watching one of these a day.
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 259
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic