Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 11:08:46 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralAll Purpose Animu Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 259
Print
Author Topic: All Purpose Animu Discussion  (Read 515511 times)
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #4900 on: August 12, 2015, 09:11:47 PM »

KOWAI!!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1EBJfK7ltjYUFyzysKxr1g/videos

https://yanderedev.wordpress.com/about/
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 10:06:29 PM by Jimym GIMBERT » Logged

Garthy
Level 9

Quack, verily

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4901 on: August 13, 2015, 02:34:44 AM »

I recently stumbled onto SAO (Sword Art Online) Abridged, which I thought was pretty good. If you like Abridged series, I'd check it out. Linky:

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #4902 on: August 13, 2015, 03:07:10 AM »

Is there character customization? Do I have a selection of boys to stalk? Can I stalk a female character? Can I play as a male character?

I would like to allow the player to decide Senpai’s gender at the beginning of the game. I would also like to allow the player to customize the appearance of the protagonist and Senpai. I am not planning on allowing the player to play as a male character.

So sexist. Outrageous. Sad

Also:

What is the biggest problem affecting development of the game?

Too many people sending me e-mails and asking me questions that are answered in the FAQ, reporting bugs that I already know about, or suggesting really stupid features for the game.

This right here.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 03:13:01 AM by ProgramGamer » Logged

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4903 on: August 13, 2015, 05:55:20 AM »

I recently stumbled onto SAO (Sword Art Online) Abridged, which I thought was pretty good. If you like Abridged series, I'd check it out. Linky:

Fuck anime long live abridged

My Word!

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4904 on: August 13, 2015, 05:55:53 AM »

Is there character customization? Do I have a selection of boys to stalk? Can I stalk a female character? Can I play as a male character?

I would like to allow the player to decide Senpai’s gender at the beginning of the game. I would also like to allow the player to customize the appearance of the protagonist and Senpai. I am not planning on allowing the player to play as a male character.

So sexist. Outrageous. Sad

Also:

What is the biggest problem affecting development of the game?

Too many people sending me e-mails and asking me questions that are answered in the FAQ, reporting bugs that I already know about, or suggesting really stupid features for the game.

This right here.

so ANIMU

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4905 on: August 13, 2015, 11:13:12 AM »

http://kotaku.com/japanese-fan-comics-could-die-under-new-trade-deal-1723577428

doujin might die

Torchkas
Level 10

collects sawdust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4906 on: August 13, 2015, 12:32:21 PM »

Japan's market economy is "dying" yet they're striving in the West more than ever.

It's like they don't know how to globalize.

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4907 on: August 13, 2015, 12:44:43 PM »

I don't see them striving in the west at all

ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4908 on: August 13, 2015, 01:28:25 PM »

Japan's market economy is "dying" yet they're striving in the West more than ever.

It's like they don't know how to globalize.
they don't

Garthy
Level 9

Quack, verily

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4909 on: August 21, 2015, 08:51:11 PM »

Okay I've watched a few things recently.

First up: Koufuku Graffiti. I was hoping for Iron Chef meets K-On (which would be very cool), but it's more along the lines of: Cute girls with sparkly highlights eating food that they've mostly prepared off-screen. Hard to watch- I only made it to the third episode. It's not really my thing in the end but others might enjoy.

I've watched through Hyouka. It's definitely not a bad show but it is also hard to recommend. Basically cute plus highschool plus slice-of-life plus mystery.

I watched much of Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, 2009). There are a few different recommended viewing orders which made it tricky for me as a first-time viewer. I couldn't really determine the best way to proceed without having already seen the show, so I settled on the 2009 broadcast order (http://myanimelist.net/anime/4382/Suzumiya_Haruhi_no_Yuuutsu_2009/moreinfo). Anyway:

I loved the initial episodes- they were great. I found myself laughing both at the in-episode gags as well as the sheer absurdity of how elements of the plot unfolded.

Thankfully I had been pre-warned about Endless Eight. This is a set of eight episodes that are part of a time loop that got a lot of people very aggravated. I  watched parts one and two while doing something else, and then skipped five episodes and went straight to part eight and watched that properly. I think the decline had begun to set in by this point though. I understand that a lot of people just stopped watching here.

I continued on for a bit through the Sigh episodes and slightly beyond, but was becoming less and less engaged with the show. I then realised I really wasn't enjoying it any more, and stopped watching. Whilst I'm a bit worried I'm missing out on something special in the remaining episodes, the feeling wasn't strong enough to keep me watching. Maybe I'll pick it up again in the future.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4910 on: August 22, 2015, 06:44:53 PM »

kshaja
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4911 on: August 25, 2015, 01:37:18 AM »

What do you think about movie version of attack of the titan?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2072230/
Garthy
Level 9

Quack, verily

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4912 on: August 25, 2015, 04:33:07 PM »

Another Chuunibyou:

I love you Internets.

Explanation: Another and Chuunibyou are two anime with vastly different genres (horror versus upbeat slice-of-life) that each happen to have a main character that looks very similar to the other. The video is basically the intro for one series in the style of the other.

EDIT:

For comparison:

There's a different Chuunibyou intro that doesn't switch images between the left and right sides of the screen which lines up better with the original- but I couldn't find a good link! This one is pretty close though.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 10:17:15 PM by Garthy » Logged
Garthy
Level 9

Quack, verily

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4913 on: August 26, 2015, 04:14:54 AM »

It's getting hammered on IMDB. It sounds like they may have botched the adaption pretty badly. Sad

A couple of quotes from one of the reviews:

"trying to incorporate more romance between Eren and Mikasa"

Er... that doesn't sound good.

"Eren turns out to be more of a kind who's willing to do anything to win back Mikasa."

... is this true? If so, did the writers even watch the anime?
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4914 on: August 26, 2015, 04:26:24 AM »

anime and mangos live in their own weird reality with ramped up theatrics and their own weird body language
the problem with adaptations is that they try to replicate this with live actors which looks weird unless its a silly tokusatsu show
this is just like comic book movies: making it real only highlights how silly adapted medium was
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4915 on: August 26, 2015, 04:42:20 AM »

That's the reason City Hunter (1993) is the best movie ever
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4916 on: August 26, 2015, 08:18:16 AM »

It's getting hammered on IMDB. It sounds like they may have botched the adaption pretty badly. Sad

"Eren turns out to be more of a kind who's willing to do anything to win back Mikasa."

Brother and sister? WTF

Garthy
Level 9

Quack, verily

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4917 on: August 26, 2015, 03:21:08 PM »

Brother and sister? WTF

They practically are. :/

I'd go full-on botched-adaption rant-y mode, but I'm only operating off of second-hand comments on the movie, so it wouldn't be an informed rant. I was weighing up if I should take the bullet and try to find some way to watch the movie... but I'm sorry guys, I just can't do it. It sounds terrible.

From the sound of things they shoe-horned Eren and Mikasa into a generic male-protag-overcomes-challenge-and-wins-the-girl-trophy plot. One of the many problems with that is that (Anime!)Mikasa struck me as the type who'd storm the gates of heaven and hell to protect Eren, and is probably competent enough to actually do it. There's no question of Eren needing to win Mikasa's love- he already has it. And the love that is there is maybe nine parts family to one part romantic, and there's some question if there is any of the latter at all in any case.

Anyway, borrowing a scene from LittleKuriboh's YGO Abridged:

EDIT: One more:

Of course, I could be entirely wrong, maybe they did a great job of it and I've been reading the wrong comments.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 03:36:12 PM by Garthy » Logged
ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4918 on: August 27, 2015, 02:49:06 AM »

i'll be rewatching SAO season 1 cuz the first half was fucking amazing and I can't wait until it's a reality and I can put it on and live the rest of my life in an mmorpg

Garthy
Level 9

Quack, verily

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4919 on: August 27, 2015, 03:01:57 AM »

i'll be rewatching SAO season 1

I am such a bad person.

Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 259
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic