Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411489 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 02:44:33 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralAll Purpose Animu Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 259
Print
Author Topic: All Purpose Animu Discussion  (Read 515390 times)
Landshark RAWR
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4980 on: September 30, 2015, 07:27:32 PM »

i only watch good anime

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #4981 on: October 02, 2015, 01:35:56 PM »

have you seen my sempai
 Screamy

Lokai
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4982 on: October 02, 2015, 02:36:41 PM »

There are way too many pages of this for me to attempt to go through, but any Mushi-shi or Black Butler fans here? I just started watching the second season of each those, and while they don't feel as good as either of their respective first seasons, they are still pretty good and I'm enjoying them a lot. Black Butler because of how it fantastically mixes some really brutal story telling with comical and ridiculous moments, while still kind of having a generally dark tone, and Mushi-shi because of how well they instill lessons through each episode and create this really unique folk-tale kind of theme.
DireLogomachist
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #4983 on: October 02, 2015, 03:02:27 PM »

There are way too many pages of this for me to attempt to go through, but any Mushi-shi or Black Butler fans here? I just started watching the second season of each those, and while they don't feel as good as either of their respective first seasons, they are still pretty good and I'm enjoying them a lot. Black Butler because of how it fantastically mixes some really brutal story telling with comical and ridiculous moments, while still kind of having a generally dark tone, and Mushi-shi because of how well they instill lessons through each episode and create this really unique folk-tale kind of theme.

I'm rewatching Mushishi again now and you're right about the second season.  The second season I found has Ginko doing less and less and showing less about his character.  Stories are still beautiful but they lack a bit of something that the first had.  They also used different music, and the first season's OST is a high bar to match.

Living and dying by Hanlon's Razor
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4984 on: October 02, 2015, 03:56:34 PM »

Been watching a bit lately to practice listening comprehension.

I think I have to say that Samurai Champloo is my favorite anime by a HUGE margin. Nothing I've watched so far comes even remotely close.

Watching Nana right now, my partner is a big fan. It's quite good too.

Lokai
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4985 on: October 02, 2015, 04:10:27 PM »

I'm rewatching Mushishi again now and you're right about the second season.  The second season I found has Ginko doing less and less and showing less about his character.  Stories are still beautiful but they lack a bit of something that the first had.  They also used different music, and the first season's OST is a high bar to match.

Yeah, I have noticed that a bit but I was hoping it was going to pick up. I was a bit alarmed when I learned that an entirely different company was doing the second season, but the general tone still seems to be pretty solid. Loved the first season though and I'm definitely not feeling the same draw so far.

I think I have to say that Samurai Champloo is my favorite anime by a HUGE margin. Nothing I've watched so far comes even remotely close.

I don't know Nana, but I absolutely love Samurai Champloo. The story is less interesting than Cowboy Bebop to me (which is probably my favorite anime), but it is still pretty damn impressive in so many other ways. I've found it hard to get people into Samurai Champloo though, despite the excellent art style, music, themes and well-done mix of silly & serious.
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4986 on: October 02, 2015, 08:11:28 PM »

Yeah, I have noticed that a bit but I was hoping it was going to pick up. I was a bit alarmed when I learned that an entirely different company was doing the second season, but the general tone still seems to be pretty solid. Loved the first season though and I'm definitely not feeling the same draw so far.

I don't know Nana, but I absolutely love Samurai Champloo. The story is less interesting than Cowboy Bebop to me (which is probably my favorite anime), but it is still pretty damn impressive in so many other ways. I've found it hard to get people into Samurai Champloo though, despite the excellent art style, music, themes and well-done mix of silly & serious.

Weird. I almost think that Samurai Champloo is great for people who don't traditionally like anime because it's just a plain awesome story but doesn't really do anything gimmicky. I'm pretty much taken aback at how good it is. It's such a great example of good story telling. It might be the lack of shocking moments that cause some people to disregard it. It took me about 4 episodes to become attached.

I remember hearing the guy who did Samurai Champloo did a lot of famous older animes. Is Cowboy bebop one of those?

Nana is 100% directed at young women in Japan so as long as you are cool with that then it's pretty good. i've been able to enjoy it despite being the near polar opposite of the target audience.

cynicalsandel
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #4987 on: October 03, 2015, 08:25:34 AM »

I remember hearing the guy who did Samurai Champloo did a lot of famous older animes. Is Cowboy bebop one of those?

Shinichirō Watanabe was the director of both, yes. Along with another great anime, Kids on the Slope.

Chromanoid
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4988 on: October 04, 2015, 02:44:52 PM »

Maybe you like "Samurai 7". Did you see "Gankutsuou"?
Lokai
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4989 on: October 04, 2015, 10:21:59 PM »

Maybe you like "Samurai 7". Did you see "Gankutsuou"?

I absolutely love both of those! Gankutsuou is one of those weird ones where I don't think I've ever met someone else who has seen that. Samurai 7 took a while to get going, but I still ended up enjoying it a lot, especially by the end. One of the few animes that I own all of the boxsets for.
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4990 on: October 05, 2015, 01:42:40 PM »

I have heard of neither of those 2 anime but I have just added them to my must watch list Smiley

thanks for the suggestions!

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4991 on: October 10, 2015, 10:25:09 PM »

damn it!

Garthy
Level 9

Quack, verily

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4992 on: October 10, 2015, 10:50:25 PM »

damn it!

Is this an elaborate joke? I can't tell.

There's even a wiki page.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4993 on: October 10, 2015, 11:18:07 PM »

it's totally serious

Garthy
Level 9

Quack, verily

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4994 on: October 11, 2015, 12:06:00 AM »

it's totally serious

Oh my.

I am totally pitching "Berserk: Junior High" now.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4995 on: October 11, 2015, 09:07:25 AM »

oh my!

Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #4996 on: October 11, 2015, 10:24:29 AM »

Ahww yeahhh

http://aniplexusa.com/kizumonogatari/

Shackhal
Level 9

Like a child with toys

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4997 on: October 14, 2015, 02:14:48 AM »

Last week I saw all Nodame Cantabile seasons in a row. It's very funny and have some tense moments there.

Also, One Punch Man rocks!!

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #4998 on: October 22, 2015, 07:39:13 PM »

I just started Watamote and I'm at the sixth episode. It's surprisingly depressing how much I identify with the main character.

Torchkas
Level 10

collects sawdust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4999 on: October 23, 2015, 11:21:23 AM »

That is really depressing since Watamote is a really bad anime.

Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 259
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic