Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 08:59:40 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMagus Aora - Edreoll
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Magus Aora - Edreoll  (Read 2570 times)
Mr_Goober
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: September 07, 2011, 12:35:29 AM »

Official Page:
~~~
http://www.zynkco.net/projects/edreoll/

"Magus Aora - Edreoll" is the fifth game in a series of seven. It will also be ZYNKCO's debut title and introduction into the indie game community. Powered by the BYOND Engine (Don't be afraid. The engine is great and very powerful if you know how to use it), the game will be a MRPG, or Multiplayer RPG.

Now, this will work very differently than usual online RPGs in the sense that players' data will be stored in a ZYNKCO hosted server called the ZYNKCO Center. This center will keep all data that players will store.

The funds collected from Edreoll will help boost the funding of ZYNKCO's future projects and stability so that more games can be made. However, if Edreoll and other projects prove to be a success, the game will eventually be made Free-To-Play (F2P). the key factor is stability.

Currently we have no funding other than donations through Paypal... but who would donate to us if we don't have a product?

PRICING ::

Edreoll will be sold for 10 dollars as a one-time payment. This gives you a lifetime subscription to all of Edreoll's updates.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 01:27:37 AM by Makeii » Logged
AndrewFM
Level 2

whoops

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 06:44:40 AM »

Where are the other four games? Or is this the first game, but fifth canonically? I didn't see any other Magus Aora games on your site, so it's a little confusing.

Yeah WTF? Why did I make the more expensive selection more rewarding?

I would assume because it's a common marketing tactic used to influence consumers to pick the more expensive option. Same idea as "Buy two, get one free".
Mr_Goober
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 11:13:35 AM »

I might actually just make it a one-time buy. As much as I would like to do a monthly payment, this is not an ORPG. It has a plot and an ending.

So really it kiinda deserves a one time payment. Maybe 10 dollars flat.
kamac
Level 10

Notoriously edits his posts

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 12:32:14 PM »

Powered by the BYOND Engine (Don't be afraid. The engine is great and very powerful if you know how to use it), the game will be a MRPG, or Multiplayer RPG.

Dyom!

I used to love it!

Too bad it's glory days have passed  Sad.

Good luck with your game!  Smiley

Mr_Goober
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 09:34:29 PM »

Indeed, as my friend told me:

I am not making a BYOND Game,
I am making a game in BYOND.

That being said, I'm not really banking on the community. I'm using the engine solely for this task of making the game. It has actually updated quite a bit. I'll post content when more is done : o
Mr_Goober
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 09:46:10 PM »

TRY BEFORE YOU BUY?

Those who wish to try the game can still download the game, but they will not be able to save anything. Furthermore, there will be a time limit (because I know that there will be some extremely skilled players who won't need to save). Also keep in mind that if you do somehow beat the game and everything that you cannot save that...

But I might make that an achievement...
Mr_Goober
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 12:18:27 AM »

Title Menu thingy:

Mr_Goober
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 12:53:15 AM »

Main Menu with Saves?:

Mr_Goober
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2011, 12:22:52 AM »

Erm, I suppose I'll just redirect this to my blog, which has the shit about Edreoll on it : /

Currently implementing IT-type modular music to Edreoll, which works really well with it.

So I'm gonna be having a lot more fun with OpenMPT : 3

http://zynkco.tumblr.com/post/10035887441/early-edreoll-test

EDIT: this includes a playable demo
Mr_Goober
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2011, 06:27:34 AM »

Another update. This one features environmental objects (/env_object) like signs. The sign graphic is there on screen, but the actual object is invisible. When a player presses the Action botton (Which in this case is Spacebar) the player calls the Use() proc for all entities in front of said player. terrain graphics (or /turf objects) aren't called, but (/mob) and its derivatives are called.

The sidebar is still kinda iffy, because nothing is updated just yet. I did add a section for a target, with an icon and health bar which will appear soon. The lower-right window was going to be the target section, but was changed to the chat pane, and the chat tab in the tabs shown on the top-left of the screen was removed for simplicity's sake.

The dialog box is another skin control contained in a 'child' object, which displays different panes in the main window. It is not part of the map control itself, but rather overlays the map in such a way that it displays text when you Use() something (if it asks for a dialog box anyway).

I think I'll keep the menu tab as a sort of "pause" tab. In multiplayer, this will not cease play, but it will in singleplayer. The Map tab will do the same thing.

Mr_Goober
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2011, 01:27:24 AM »

(From Tumblr)

This photo is just a mockup with the menu as another layer, but everything else has been implemented into gameplay. This is what I want the menu looks like when the player is rummaging through items and abilities. Very simplistic and actually pretty easy to make if I do it right. I should probably make it fully functional with the keyboard. Same with using targets.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic