Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411411 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 15, 2024, 08:08:21 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Creativedelete me
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Print
Author Topic: delete me  (Read 23833 times)
Theophilus
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2011, 02:46:23 PM »

An isometric squad based rpg where you control the members of a funeralhome/demon exorcist squad. Like Final Fantasy Tactics, but in real time, and with humor and guns. At night, you hunt demons, and during the day, you contact clients, set up jobs, and strengthen the main character's bonds with each of his (or her) teammates (similar to Persona 3's social links).

This sounds really really fantastic!
Ashkin
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2011, 08:24:25 PM »

Cat Game
A 3D open-world single-player game set in an idyllic modern Japanese city (inspired by Ghibli films The Cat Returns and Whisper of the Heart). You play as a cat, and have to (or just "can" instead of "have to") help the humans out without them knowing, befriend people, play with other cats, etc. Lots of blue skies. Lots of catlike free-running across walls and rooftops.
YES PLEASE YES
Danmark
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2011, 11:29:25 PM »

Quote from: Hangedman
And something in the vein of SMT. Something that makes you question everything.
What's that?

Contributing:

• Tactical game about prehistoric warfare.
  • Arena shooter based on fluid dynamics rather than projectiles.
  • Multiplayer strategy/management game where one side only creates while the other only destroys.
  • Hard-realistic zombie survival game of action and strategy where you lead a party around the Old World circa 400 BC.
  • Strategy game with full Newtonian physics based on building towers down which enormous weights drop, driving enormous trebuchets.
ink.inc
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2011, 11:33:52 PM »

SMT=Shin Megami Tensei
apgames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2011, 04:21:53 AM »

Roguelike a roguelike with snes look and skill trees.
Civ A small (Big Laff) Civ like game with gambling elements!
2d action platformer Original...
TBS Total War crossed with Ogre Battle.
Theophilus
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2011, 07:46:44 AM »

I'd like to make a partially-alternate reality game, where the goal is to run/walk/jog/hike 1000(0?) miles.
LDuncan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2011, 09:15:09 AM »

A survival-in-a-post-apocalytic-world game with roguelike elements. Gather survivors together (each acts like an extra life after permadeath). Survivors will take some convincing to join you, or they might outright screw you over later on (1ups with a twist, I guess).

Murder mystery point-and-click where you play as a female protagonist in a superstitious, male-dominated setting. By using science to delve for clues, the townsfolk conclude you must be a witch. I realize now that there is a book with a similar premise, so I might have to change some things.

A game like Spy vs. Spy. I have no desire to work on networking stuff though, so I'm not sure if this will pan out.

My maybe-in-10-years game is a giant, simulation-heavy 3D RPG. Instead of creating a character at the beginning, you create a family, and the story follows different generations of this family. Trying to make choices, good or bad, affect not just gameplay and your story, but the story of the whole world. For example, you save a town that's under attack, but in doing so, your army eats up all the food. You've saved the people, but now they're starving. Just trying to get beyond the "if you choose decision A, you're good and people like you. If you choose B, you're bad and people hate you" garbage.
cynicalsandel
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2011, 12:51:25 PM »

I want to make a life simulation game where you die a lot. Games like Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing made me angry because you didn't have to eat and drink stuff to survive. Not very life like.

Also, RPGs. Many of them.

Belimoth
Level 10

high-heeled cyberbully

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2011, 12:59:33 PM »

A survival-in-a-post-apocalytic-world game with roguelike elements. Gather survivors together (each acts like an extra life after permadeath). Survivors will take some convincing to join you, or they might outright screw you over later on (1ups with a twist, I guess).

That's a great idea! Would having more survivors join work like leveling up as well?

MattG
Level 5

Pictures Of Trains

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2011, 01:02:53 PM »

lizard quest  - level ups transform lizard types - battle through fuckin sweet stylized super glow 3d  - all real lizards and lizard gangs - no fantasy shit - online fast play in huge jungletype worlds - gamepad support - surround sound
LDuncan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2011, 01:38:37 PM »

Would having more survivors join work like leveling up as well?

Sort of. My initial idea is that it "levels you up" as a group, in a sense. Each survivor would bring skills to the group, and as your group grows, those skills level up depending on what the individual members are capable of.

There was even a "wikipedia editor" job, which gives you a small number of points in a bunch of random skills... haha... Tongue
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2011, 01:39:53 AM »

I want to make another RPG, but this time, focusing on multiple main characters and stylish gunplay. I've been planning it for a while, but I can't decide which would be the better perspective to use.

Bursar
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2011, 08:28:08 AM »

A Pseudo-3D racing game
- Like Pole Position and similar games from the 8-bit era.
Me too, which is why I've started one Smiley

I also want to do a roguelike as well. I have got some basic code going for the level generation, but have decided to back burner it as I work on the racing game.

I'd also love to do a shmup as well. Nothing too original I guess, but back in the day I loved Side Arms Hyperdyne in the arcades, especially when you could combine with the second player and have a super powerful character.
Bursar
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2011, 09:18:02 AM »

Hills and dips are next on my hit list... They're not quite working right yet which is why they aren't in the video.
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2011, 10:07:57 AM »

Zelda like game in vein of Link's Awakening or Oracles. I loved those 2d Zeldas way more than stoopid 3d ones  Mock Anger

Fire Emblem style tactical RPG with permadeath characters.

Some kind of artsy point & click adventure.

J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2011, 01:08:17 PM »

I WANT TO MAKE EVERY GAME

hi
I_smell
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2011, 02:54:47 PM »

I totally forgot to mention that I wanna make a fighting game that has the customisation that wrestling games used to have, where you can make an insane guy from scrath.
I guess you can do that with ModNation Racers aswell-
but the point is that it'd look all colourful and bulky like SF4, and you'd be able to make huge fat guys n muscley dudes n weird tiny Yoda guys n shit, and you'd be able to equip em with different special moves n such, and choose which voice they have, and what their intro animation is, and what their alternate costume is, and you could take that online and fight other people.
There'd be a tonne o moves and clothes to unlock. Your character would have 6 slots to put special moves in, and some moves would take up 2 or 3 slots, making your character more powerful but less useful.

I guess it'd be like MUGEN, or the Budokai games.

I think that'd be so much fun.
gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2011, 10:24:13 AM »

So many:
Zelda Shoot Em Up

Zelda ripoff

Bionic Commando/Contra inspired Shoot Em Up

"The Perfect Beat Em Up" inspired by the Streets Of Rage series

Slapstick Cartoon Platformer (I love my idea for the star of the show  Grin )

One Player Team Horror (probably won't really try to be scary) Top Down Shoot Em Up

Ultraviolent '80s action flicks inspired scifi Shoot Em Up

TMNT/Battletoads ripoff

Hack 'n Slash/Platformer With 1 vs 1 battles

Superhero Metroidvania

Shoot Em Up Metroidvania

Alien Beat/Shoot Em Up

Randomly Generated Small Areas Stage Based Metroidvania

Syndicate Man In Suit Shoot Em Up

Superhero Beat Em Up

Horror Beat Em Up (So far on the list, this is the only game I have no current set vision for)

One Player Powerful Monster Hack 'n Slash

Ninja Stealth/Hack 'n Slash

RPG Beat Em Up (Don't know how that'll end up.)

Stuntman Platformer (Same as above)

Child Platformer

Respected Idol Travels Back In Time (Don't know what genre this'll be. Just have basic ideas for it atm)

One Player Teamwork RPG

Fire Based Horror Beat Em Up (Whoa boy, haven't thought about this one in years until the end of this thread. I just spent like 30 minutes writing down ideas. Now I have one type of enemy for the game. Grin)

Medical Blood And Gore Game

Noir Shooter

Robot Platformer
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 06:31:36 AM by gunswordfist » Logged

Indie games I have purchased:
Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2011, 10:29:12 AM »

Right now, a game where you play an ultimate people manipulator in a journey to destroy the world. Sort of simulation game where you pick random people and do random things to them and then level up your ego and then do more shit and so on until you completely devastate the world. Also, the sickest solutions are best rewarded.
Oh yeah, that reminds me of a psychic game I want to create.

-A shooter where you don't shoot, but instead, you must think up creative ways to make your enemies kill each other. Examples: Making your enemies shoot each other in a Monkey-in-the-middle fashion, making the enemy chase you until it runs out of fuel, making two or more enemies crash, etc.

Dammit, that reminds me that I want to make a shoot em up that makes fun of cliched elements in F/TPSs.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 10:39:33 AM by gunswordfist » Logged

Indie games I have purchased:
Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
Wilson Saunders
Level 5

Nobody suspects the hamster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2011, 01:04:59 PM »

1) Physics based bird flight simulator where the player controls each wing separately.

2) RPG Shump, the players dynamically swap between four ships in a side scrolling shump. Each ship represents the 4 basic character types. Tank, DPS assassin, Crowd control, Healer/Buffer.

3) Diesel punk air pirate trading game where the player navigates the world in airships trading or pirating goods to get rich.

Play my games at http://monkeydev.com/
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic