Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411431 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 03:03:56 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Creativedelete me
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Print
Author Topic: delete me  (Read 23842 times)
Wilson Saunders
Level 5

Nobody suspects the hamster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2011, 02:14:51 PM »

@Jasmine

I have had flying dreams since I was a kid. However they look like they will be realized in video game format by Volo Airsport http://www.volo-airsport.net/blog/. The idea for my bird game is heavily inspired by what I see in his videos.  Addicted

Anyway if I were to day dream an input device, the Kinnect would probably be pretty fun.

Play my games at http://monkeydev.com/
gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2011, 02:19:30 PM »

More:

Turn based RPG Platformer

You're being pursued in the future.

Detectives investigate alien conspiracy.

Platformer where you have to sacrifice NPCs you are travelling with.

Metroidvania Roguelike
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 11:39:05 AM by gunswordfist » Logged

Indie games I have purchased:
Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2011, 03:16:47 PM »

1) Physics based bird flight simulator where the player controls each wing separately.

I see money to be made in this idea. Bird flight is one of the oldest  human dreams.

Imagine: You get to wear special controller gloves that you can twist and bend and flap. Lots of sensors. And this translates into the shape and motion of the bird's wings.

Ah. The first thought I had after reading the bullet point was a rather less majestic "QWOP with wings".

Danmark
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2011, 04:49:13 PM »

3) Diesel punk air pirate trading game where the player navigates the world in airships trading or pirating goods to get rich.

That's one I've wanted to do, except it'd be set in the skies of Venus, dotted with aerostat cities.
mirosurabu
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2011, 03:44:56 AM »

A survival game about nomads is another kind of game I want to make one day.
mirosurabu
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2011, 04:48:03 AM »

First-person. Kind of like Minecraft/Stranded. Or, if I can't afford that, side-scroller a la Terraria.
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2011, 11:09:23 PM »

Secret of Atlantis
-They say Atlantis is just a myth. Discover the truth in this oceanic adventure!

Dying Simulator
-You must work against paramedics and doctors in game of death!

Modem Warfare
-New HDRI-realistic battlefield FPS. Train yourself to become master
fighter in island of Traffa which has been ruled by ruthless and
corrupted state army.

Real Life
-Its a real world out there, but you have something else in mind.
Every day simulator running on super sophisticated Corelife-engine.

Shellshock Commando
-Iraq veteran goes back to home. But battlefield never left him.

Man of the World - World's Man
-Experience the life of true cosmopolite business man and travel all
around the world.

Manager Simulator
-A true manager simulation where you play a manager. You can choose
from different areas of business, music, sports, films etc.

Classroom Physics
-Fun little puzzle platformer combining school environment and physics.

Mount Everest Challenge
-Experience the tough challenge of mountain climbing.

Nuclear Silo 4000
-The destiny of humankind lays on your shoulders. You study the
international events and decide if you need to press the button.
Another game with Corelife-engine.

Days of Columbus
-You should find India.

The Final Last Virgin
-Pope of Rome wants you to bring him the last virgin of the Earth.
Time machine at your disposal, you travel through times to locate last
virgin.

President Race
-You participate various sporting events where overall winner will be
elected as new president of USA.

Catacombe of Horror and Pain
-Navigate yourself out from mysterious catacombe which is full of
creatures making horrible noises.

Airplane Hijack
-Commercial flight from Paris to New York gets interrupted by
terrorist hijackers. Or does it?

Now that I said this, I might as well start working on them...

gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2011, 06:37:17 AM »

Cheesy @ The Final Last Virgin

Indie games I have purchased:
Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
Theophilus
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2011, 07:16:48 AM »

The Final Last Virgin
-Pope of Rome wants you to bring him the last virgin of the Earth.
Time machine at your disposal, you travel through times to locate last
virgin.

Plot twist, IT'S A SCRAWNY GAME DEVELOPER FROM TIGSOURCE
kadajett
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2011, 10:31:05 AM »

I have been working on this idea for a while. I feel it has potential to win some awards, I just keep putting off working on it because I feel that with my current skill level, I would butcher it..  Hand Knife Right  WTF

The name (Change might be necessary) is Amibile Paladin.

There is no real time setting, just around now. You are an old man that has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's. It got so bad that you fell into a coma. In your head, you wake up as a younger version of yourself and you don't know where you are. As the game progresses, you have to fight the Alzheimers which is represented as darkness. This darkness is ripping apart your memories.
To you, you see darkness attacking people and places, in all reality it is your memories.
As you go through the game you start to realize more and more that you are saving your life from this darkness.

I have said this a million times, but I feel like I can't get the point across in text form sooo I will throw up some sketches. Links actually, I assume you don't want a bunch of huge pics on the board.

http://s1139.photobucket.com/albums/n543/JeremyStoverGD/?action=view&current=basescene.jpg

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n543/JeremyStoverGD/initalgirlie2.jpg

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n543/JeremyStoverGD/RemembranceFLT.jpg

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n543/JeremyStoverGD/pier.jpg

That's all I feel really needs to be shown, if you guys are interested at all, just hit me up. Like I said, I am really afraid to butcher this game so if anyone more skilled would like to mess around in a team setting we can talk about it.
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2011, 10:20:59 PM »

While my siggy'd project is my long-term goal, and designwise I know it's doable; it's still a long ways and a lot of baby steps off. Some of the few (managable/medium-term) things that really come to mind off-hand are:

-Metroid-style game with Sonic-style physics, and MegaMan-style bosses and weapons.

-Zelda-like game with Demon's Souls inspired combat/item management, and alchemy crafting (although not mining).  Hand Point Left Wink C.A. Sinclair, this MUST happen.

-"Fighting game generator" that takes a set of fundamental game-fighting styles, about 24 of them, and produces commandsets that create a similar-but-unique-iteration of characters every day/week or so. Maybe even two of each type, to give that game that popular "color-swapped-but-still-popular character duos" feeling that - while kinda cheap (it's true), is also a long-standing and quite successful trope in fighters.

-A Puzzle-Versus game where each character defines their opponent's particular puzzle game - so it's basically like two different puzzle games competing against one another; and you play a different puzzle game for every different opponent you face. Balancing will clearly take some work in this regard, but you can't deny that it sounds fun, anyways.

In fact, I have an entire thread of these. Recovering my instrument samples that I was using for Dynamic Music Generator has proven rather atrociously difficult. I have gotten a decent dynamic level generator acting like it should now; so that helps with a lot of these.

Also, the idea that instead of taking these games through different elements (the grassy area, the fire/ice areas, etc.), there would be a focus on taking them through entirely different game settings/themes instead (haunted mansions, ancient ruins, city streets, medieval/renaissance areas, eastern history, wilderness, sci-fi bases/ships, or... maybe grass/fire/ice/water fields still anyways...)

Really though? I just want to make a game that encompasses the joys of gaming as a whole. Or at least what of it I can pull off in 2D graphics.

At one point, I even thought of making a "Game Player RPG," where you do chores and jobs (or gamble) via minigames to earn money, then hit arcades, game stores, and tournaments buying various stuff up and playing them, making AI friends and foes in the meantime; although most of what I had in mind was simple/quick demakes of classics (or a small series of each that added stuff like new levels/features as it goes on, released later in the game's timeline). You can also link up for P2P/PvP multiplayer; and in the process, exchange pattern-recognition results to implement AIs and high scores of your friends in one another's games.

That kind of evolved/streamlined to the "develop a video game character capable of playing whatever gaming/genre they chose to develop skills for;" which eventually just boiled it's way to being what iMAGE Zero is now. Something really effing hard to produce/deliver on.

This thread is great, btw. I want to get my car and finances fixed so I can start dev'ing again ASAP.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2011, 09:34:26 AM »

-Zelda-like game with Demon's Souls inspired combat/item management, and alchemy crafting (although not mining).  Hand Point Left Wink C.A. Sinclair, this MUST happen.
My now abandoned game 444 already WAS kinda like that (minus the crafting). The combat in that was heavily inspired by DS. I tried to get the same slow, deliberate, "tactical" feel down. Not sure if I succeeded.  Tongue
Geeze
Level 5

Totally.

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2011, 11:23:18 AM »

A multiplayer online game inspired by a video named Clock Blockers by Corridor Digital. It could be aweeesomeeee!

Eldboll
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2011, 07:48:17 AM »

- A tactical RPG drawing heavy inspiration from the Shining Force series. Finding a million unique characters through out the game which you use to customize your force to your liking.

- Some kind of metroidvania game. Love em.

baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2011, 03:29:06 AM »

C.A.S.: I can tell it had about the same learning curve, especially with the new enemy types it threw in the mix frequently. If not there, you were really doggoned close! The EXP/locks system did work like really-basic crafting, too; since you could decide what to level up and when to. Maybe just not "alchemy."

vdek
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2011, 06:13:17 AM »

I'm going to make an awesome Anti-grav racer in the near future.

Along with an epic story driven 4x game similar to Independence War II crossed with Freelancer(When I have the budget for a multi-million dollar game  Cool)
LuisAnton
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2012, 12:17:32 AM »

1) Physics based bird flight simulator where the player controls each wing separately.

I see money to be made in this idea. Bird flight is one of the oldest  human dreams.

Imagine: You get to wear special controller gloves that you can twist and bend and flap. Lots of sensors. And this translates into the shape and motion of the bird's wings.

Why not using Kinect? Or two wiimotes/PSMove?  Smiley

:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2012, 12:31:06 AM »

A game where I'm happy.
ink.inc
« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2012, 12:42:31 AM »

katawa shoujo

but in a different style of game

possibly isometric

definitely painterly

C.D Buckmaster
Level 7

Death via video games

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2012, 03:46:29 AM »

A game that celebrates humanity and the relationships we form.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic