Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411498 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 09:10:16 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Creativedelete me
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
Print
Author Topic: delete me  (Read 23862 times)
gamegeek12
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2012, 04:45:00 PM »

I imagine a game I'd love to make of a dystopian style point and click game, which involves many challenging sections such as being trapped in a room with very little time to escape.
swordofkings128
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2012, 08:27:57 AM »

my goal in life is to make at least one game in every major genre of game. i won't stop even when i'm an old timer.  Wizard

btw gettin ready to cross classic style adventure game off my list in 2 or 3 months maybe.

magnum_opus
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2012, 04:14:31 PM »

A diver on a tropical island spend he free time exploring a reef and finding interesting fish:
Ecco the Dolphin meet Tanakas Friendly Adventure, with maybe a splash of animal crossing when she isn't diving.

TNERB
Level 5

gamez stink

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2012, 05:57:36 PM »

A game called "Don't be a hero." Where your main goal is to maintain a shop and sell items to adventurers.

eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2012, 06:04:20 PM »

A game called "Don't be a hero." Where your main goal is to maintain a shop and sell items to adventurers.

Hmmm ... this idea is ... TOTALLY WICKED!

XRA
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2012, 12:10:42 AM »

an FPS-rogue with the same sort of intensity and attitude found in late 80's / early 90's arcade 2.5d railshooters and beat'em'ups. awwwww yeaaa.  Well, hello there!

iffi
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2012, 12:46:13 AM »

This reminds of Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale. Except it's not called "Don't be a hero."
Xecutor
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2012, 05:39:03 AM »

This reminds of Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale. Except it's not called "Don't be a hero."
Actually I was thinking about the game with similar theme.
But instead of single shop, player should manage whole village around dungeon(s) entrance.
Build various facilities, upgrade them, make requests for specific items to heroes.
And whole bunch of ai controlled heroes will automatically grind thru dungeons.
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2012, 04:25:25 PM »

Actually I was thinking about the game with similar theme.
But instead of single shop, player should manage whole village around dungeon(s) entrance.
Build various facilities, upgrade them, make requests for specific items to heroes.
And whole bunch of ai controlled heroes will automatically grind thru dungeons.

You devise and manage a 25-screen dungeon-village, including one screen that provides you an abundance of one to three resources (3 farming lots, but you can farm the same item in multiple lots). Clearly, your dungeon is set up to encourage purchase of your items from your (3-item, assistant-maintained) shop; while you venture into/around other player's dungeons to find more resources for trade/sale or to make yourself a general badass.

You can also use parts to construct freeform boss enemies to protect your crops, and conquer other players' bosses to raid theirs.

You want a Harvest Moon influenced Zelda game, TP fans?  THIS is a Harvest Moon Zelda game.

McMutton
Level 10

McMutton

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2012, 09:50:25 PM »

A game that celebrates humanity and the relationships we form.

Persona?
ink.inc
« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2012, 09:56:54 PM »

Persona?

I want to make Persona, but have the Social Links be a more integral part of the battle system. For example, becoming true friends with a party member would enable him/her to take finishing blows for you, or do combo attacks, etc. to mirror the strength of your relationship.

iffi
« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2012, 12:30:37 AM »

I've been trying for quite a while to think of concepts for a game based on the world of

Agent Echo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2012, 04:45:55 PM »

A glove could detect the orientation of your wrist and the flex and spacing of each of your fingers...
A glove would be possible for a hobbiest to make... A bit pricey for the prototype, but roughly comperable to buying a kinect.

A three axis accelerometer on the back of the hand would give you acceleration, orientation and velocity for the 'wing', and those go for about $20 to $30. A short (2 inch?) flex sensor on each finger (like the ones on the old Nintendo power glove) would give you fine-grain detail about the position of the fingers, and go for $5 to $10 each. Sew the lot together into an arduino lilypad (about $20) with conductive thread, and the whole rig becomes software-programmable. For extra-coolness, you could make the whole lot connect wirelessly with your computer with a xbee or bluetooth adaptor.

Interpreting all that data into usable wing orientations could be a bit of a task though...
C.D Buckmaster
Level 7

Death via video games

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2012, 06:37:37 PM »

Persona?

I suppose, I just dislike how many games leave characters unexplored and if there is a meaningful relationship, it's just used as a simple plot device.  I'm not saying all games need to be more meaningful, but I would like to see more.

I really need to buy a PS2 so I can play Persona.
ink.inc
« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2012, 07:59:36 PM »

Persona?

I suppose, I just dislike how many games leave characters unexplored and if there is a meaningful relationship, it's just used as a simple plot device.  I'm not saying all games need to be more meaningful, but I would like to see more.

I really need to buy a PS2 so I can play Persona.

You can get Persona 3 for the PSP, but Persona 4 requires a PS2/Vita.

I preferred Persona 4; the characters were much more likeable. Also, Margaret>Elizabeth. But both were really good, and changed the paradigm I had for RPGs.

<33333333
C.D Buckmaster
Level 7

Death via video games

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2012, 06:08:00 AM »

Well I don't have a PSP either.

To Ebay!
b__o
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2012, 12:06:01 PM »

I'd like to make X-com with sort of a fantasy/Tolkien theme instead of aliens.  Start an order of knights and defend the lands from a rising supernatural threat( all of the basic fantasy monsters and their evil human allies). Research better weapons/armor.  Instead of researching stun rods, you research, build, and equip your knights with wooden stakes, mirrors and crosses to defeat vampires, or silver arrow tips to defeat werewolves, blunt weapons for skeletal creatures, etc.  All of the X-com engine stuff included,  building/defending bases, creature containment, get funding from different kingdoms, send out patrols( on land, sea, and in dungeons),  x-com style squad-based tactical combat with morale, inventory, destructible terrain, gravity, etc.  2d with pixel art similar to x-com.

I'm sort of already working on the graphics part of this.  I just need an engine.
iffi
« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2012, 01:41:57 AM »

So I had an idea that I was going to post here a few months ago, but then I learned that Dark Souls was essentially what I had in mind but better than I had imagined.

I've also had another idea for a while, but today I realized that Prom Week (nominated for Technical Excellence at this year's IGF) is almost exactly what I was thinking of, the only difference being the setting I had in mind.
eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 17, 2012, 01:51:43 AM »

Persona?

I want to make Persona, but have the Social Links be a more integral part of the battle system. For example, becoming true friends with a party member would enable him/her to take finishing blows for you, or do combo attacks, etc. to mirror the strength of your relationship.

Just like Suikoden?

Yeah.
havchr
Level 2

gaming, coding, experimenting photo science party

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2012, 04:03:59 AM »

cool idea with the bird game, Ive also  had a lust to create a bird game. Actaully everytime I see a bird land, I want to make a physics based bird game.
I did a prototype of a seagull flying, but I lost the files for the project. I only have the web-build of it on a server. Will find it and post it later when Im not on the ipad.

other games I want to make:

Single point of view:
A group of phd students in vision technology has made a camera technology which visualizes the world through a different spectrum. They travel to a remote place to work and do a last party before summer vacation. Everything without the filter, is real handheld video, but when the filter is on, you get controll. When at the location, suddenly all of the light in the world stops working. The only thing you can use to see things, is through the filter. At some points, story is told though real video, when for short glimts, the light of the world reappers. Plays like survival horror/puzzle, feels inspired by handheld direction of cloverfield.

shooter:
just a vertical scrolling shmup Smiley

Pizza is delicious.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic