Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

999613 Posts in 39235 Topics- by 30648 Members - Latest Member: lonelytomato

April 24, 2014, 12:51:01 PM
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperCreative (Moderator: John Sandoval)Games you'd like to make
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12
Print
Author Topic: Games you'd like to make  (Read 15258 times)
Belimoth
Level 10

high-heeled cyberbully

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2011, 11:56:33 AM »

I need to seriously get a handle on networking because most of the games I want to make require it.

There is one, however, that does not:

A pixellated platformer where the main character is a Caribbean musician and pot enthusiast.
It would be called "Rasterfarian(s)" Durr...?

Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2011, 12:01:03 PM »

Good thread idea.

Shmup
I've started so many scrolling shooters (both horizontal and vertical) that it's embarassing I've never finished one.

Lightbox
A 3D puzzler thing with loads of tasty lighting. Moving over the surface of an object that you have to light up, or something.

Knight Chick
2D action platformer as awesome as Legend of Princess.

Cat Game
A 3D open-world single-player game set in an idyllic modern Japanese city (inspired by Ghibli films The Cat Returns and Whisper of the Heart). You play as a cat, and have to (or just "can" instead of "have to") help the humans out without them knowing, befriend people, play with other cats, etc. Lots of blue skies. Lots of catlike free-running across walls and rooftops.

Pretty much requires a AAA studio to make it, unfortunately.

XRA
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2011, 01:05:57 PM »

one that I keep in the back of my head is a FPS with the attitude and speed of Doom, mixed with typical late 80's early 90's arcade game aesthetics, rail shooters, third person shooters, etc.  Kind of the over the top and generic you VS an army of cybernetic-cyberpunk-scumbags-and-military-heavy-equipment-gone-rampant-in-the-heart-of-violent-city-set-to-explode.  Giant explosions, powerups, smartbombs...

The main goal for the FPS aspect would be being able to dive and roll, quickly scale obstacles etc with very fluid controls.  Kiss 

I guess there is a chance it could be third person, but I still have a strong desire to do FPS games that rethink how first person shooters can be.

redgyarados
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2011, 01:23:36 PM »

one that I keep in the back of my head is a FPS with the attitude and speed of Doom, mixed with typical late 80's early 90's arcade game aesthetics, rail shooters, third person shooters, etc.  Kind of the over the top and generic you VS an army of cybernetic-cyberpunk-scumbags-and-military-heavy-equipment-gone-rampant-in-the-heart-of-violent-city-set-to-explode.  Giant explosions, powerups, smartbombs...

Mmm, I've been thinking about such game for last few days... Very fast, very fluid "shoot-everything-up" FPS with not necessarily highend graphics.
peanutbuttershoes
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2011, 01:30:14 PM »

There's a lot of dreams I've had that would really make amazing games.

EXPLORATION BASED PUZZLE FPS: It would take place on this kinda weird low-poly world (think Proteus)
There'd be abandoned buildings and vehicles and a sort of weird infection/virus/organism taking over animals and making them violent. Armed military are there in small teams.
I think you shipwrecked there or something. And you're not that great with a gun.
Most dangerous situations would have to be dealt with by running away.

RURAL ALIEN INVASION HORROR 3RD PERSON SHOOTER:
Fields of corn. Rarely seen aliens. Animal carcasses. Dead family members. Teenagers.
Pickup trucks. Long Drives. Beautiful sunrises/sunsets. Possibly internet co-op.

A CUTE-EM-UP: go google "cute em up". Just... It wouldn't have any sexual innuendo or junk like that. Just straight up cute.

EDIT:
Cat Game
A 3D open-world single-player game set in an idyllic modern Japanese city (inspired by Ghibli films The Cat Returns and Whisper of the Heart). You play as a cat, and have to (or just "can" instead of "have to") help the humans out without them knowing, befriend people, play with other cats, etc. Lots of blue skies. Lots of catlike free-running across walls and rooftops.

Pretty much requires a AAA studio to make it, unfortunately.

This sounds so cool. Get a team together and do it. I'd be down. ha

wat a hell

oyog
Level 6

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2011, 01:31:42 PM »

An RTS where you can take 2 different units and fuse them together to make 1 new unit.
It'd be about like-- mutating animals n stuff, I guess.

Impossible Creatures.  Messing with the creature maker was fun.
---
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2011, 02:46:23 PM »

An isometric squad based rpg where you control the members of a funeralhome/demon exorcist squad. Like Final Fantasy Tactics, but in real time, and with humor and guns. At night, you hunt demons, and during the day, you contact clients, set up jobs, and strengthen the main character's bonds with each of his (or her) teammates (similar to Persona 3's social links).

This sounds really really fantastic!
Ashkin
Level 10

king of kings

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2011, 08:24:25 PM »

Cat Game
YES PLEASE YES
Danmark
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2011, 11:29:25 PM »

Quote from: Hangedman
And something in the vein of SMT. Something that makes you question everything.
What's that?

Contributing:

• Tactical game about prehistoric warfare.
  • Arena shooter based on fluid dynamics rather than projectiles.
  • Multiplayer strategy/management game where one side only creates while the other only destroys.
  • Hard-realistic zombie survival game of action and strategy where you lead a party around the Old World circa 400 BC.
  • Strategy game with full Newtonian physics based on building towers down which enormous weights drop, driving enormous trebuchets.
John Sandoval
Cpt. Dum
Global Moderator
Level 10

get mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2011, 11:33:52 PM »

SMT=Shin Megami Tensei

apgames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2011, 04:21:53 AM »

Roguelike a roguelike with snes look and skill trees.
Civ A small (Big Laff) Civ like game with gambling elements!
2d action platformer Original...
TBS Total War crossed with Ogre Battle.

---
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2011, 07:46:44 AM »

I'd like to make a partially-alternate reality game, where the goal is to run/walk/jog/hike 1000(0?) miles.
LDuncan
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2011, 09:15:09 AM »

A survival-in-a-post-apocalytic-world game with roguelike elements. Gather survivors together (each acts like an extra life after permadeath). Survivors will take some convincing to join you, or they might outright screw you over later on (1ups with a twist, I guess).

Murder mystery point-and-click where you play as a female protagonist in a superstitious, male-dominated setting. By using science to delve for clues, the townsfolk conclude you must be a witch. I realize now that there is a book with a similar premise, so I might have to change some things.

A game like Spy vs. Spy. I have no desire to work on networking stuff though, so I'm not sure if this will pan out.

My maybe-in-10-years game is a giant, simulation-heavy 3D RPG. Instead of creating a character at the beginning, you create a family, and the story follows different generations of this family. Trying to make choices, good or bad, affect not just gameplay and your story, but the story of the whole world. For example, you save a town that's under attack, but in doing so, your army eats up all the food. You've saved the people, but now they're starving. Just trying to get beyond the "if you choose decision A, you're good and people like you. If you choose B, you're bad and people hate you" garbage.
cynicalsandel
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2011, 12:51:25 PM »

I want to make a life simulation game where you die a lot. Games like Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing made me angry because you didn't have to eat and drink stuff to survive. Not very life like.

Also, RPGs. Many of them.
Belimoth
Level 10

high-heeled cyberbully

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2011, 12:59:33 PM »

A survival-in-a-post-apocalytic-world game with roguelike elements. Gather survivors together (each acts like an extra life after permadeath). Survivors will take some convincing to join you, or they might outright screw you over later on (1ups with a twist, I guess).

That's a great idea! Would having more survivors join work like leveling up as well?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic