Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411468 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 22, 2024, 11:06:50 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingDAI (a bee game)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: DAI (a bee game)  (Read 1699 times)
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« on: September 16, 2011, 09:25:48 AM »

Made for The So Bad, It's Good Compo (AKA B-games v.2)

DOWNLOAD

I recommend you play the game in full-screen mode.

P.S. This game is art.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 07:37:54 PM by J. R. Hill » Logged

hi
JWK5
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 12:14:38 AM »

I use a tablet and not a mouse, and in fullscreen mode my cursor just flies all over the place. I windowed the game but then it is difficult to click the hotspots because the window is so small. Any chance you can add some resolution options?
Zaphos
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 12:36:09 AM »

The game is cute!  But ... Jenny appeared and then the game exited abruptly ... I'm left hanging!  Oh dear.
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 06:26:10 AM »

The game is cute!  But ... Jenny appeared and then the game exited abruptly ... I'm left hanging!  Oh dear.
Yeah, I made it do that intentionally lol.

JWK, as of now, it's pretty much gotta be played fullscreen with a mouse...  B-Game limitations, man...  I'll see if the newest version of AGS allows resolution options, I just checked and it looks like it's been updated since however many years ago I installed it...
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 06:35:43 AM by J. R. Hill » Logged

hi
kidchameleon
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 11:03:04 AM »

Cute so far but I cant seem to put clothes on? Im trying to find a handle on the dresser but no luck! Perhaps a bit of help when the mouse is over a hotspot would be useful...
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2011, 01:09:18 PM »

You've got to put the tip of the weird hooky-thing on the handle dots the dresser

It's meant to be fairly counter-intuitive...  I.e. to parody games with funky custom cursors that still require you to do pixel-hunting

...depending on the deadline for the compo, I might release a less painful to play version tonight, and make the punchline at the end funnier

hi
RichMakeGame!
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2011, 01:30:39 PM »

loved it Smiley i have to say the 'pixel hunting' gag did wear a bit thin.. ok I get it! stop making me click drawer handle pixels! Wink

maybe you could change the cursor and widen the hotspots after a few pixel hunt clicks? he could find a new cursor in one of the drawers or something, i dunno Tongue

ending was pretty funny :D didn't see that coming!

Bootleg TurboDrive
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=30133
testers welcome: will do playtest swap if you need yours tested, PM
www.richmakegame.com
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2011, 11:29:42 PM »

Thanks, and good ideas!

hi
bamcquern
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2011, 01:53:04 AM »

I got the shirt, but I had so many things that it wasn't visible in my inventory. I think. Then I pressed a button that made the game reset. I didn't want to start over.
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2011, 05:43:12 AM »

Oh snap, that means I left in some debug stuff...  Man I'm better at this b-game thing than I thought lol...

And yeah, there's currently no way to scroll through the inventory, though it should be possible to use/get rid of several other inventory items in the room, but without some of the hints that the door knob gives it wouldn't be easy.

hi
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic