Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411482 Posts in 69370 Topics- by 58426 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 23, 2024, 11:39:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMoonQuest
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 189
Print
Author Topic: MoonQuest  (Read 1322425 times)
eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2680 on: October 10, 2014, 03:32:16 PM »

Thx for the tips KnifeySpoonie, I'll keep them in mind! A lot of the KS videos I admire don't have footage of the devs, and I like that, so I don't think I'll be getting in front of the camera. And besides, my large green round face would really just freak people out. [:D]

Sub
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: October 10, 2014, 04:13:47 PM »

This is looking really good!.  How much are you going to be going for on Kickstarter if you don't mind me asking?

It Usually Ends In Nuclear War, a 4x strategy game

9001, a fast paced action arcade game
koiwai
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: October 10, 2014, 09:32:27 PM »

Good luck with the KS, Moonman is so awesome! I like the way you play with pixelization, I will go ~20 pages back, as you mentioned, to read more about it.

qwurp
Level 0

"Oh you make games? Like an app?"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2683 on: October 11, 2014, 07:23:17 AM »

Thx for the tips KnifeySpoonie, I'll keep them in mind! A lot of the KS videos I admire don't have footage of the devs, and I like that, so I don't think I'll be getting in front of the camera. And besides, my large green round face would really just freak people out. [:D]

Yeah I didn't get in front of the camera for our KS either and we did fine but I do think it probably helps. If you're not going to do that, you need to make sure your personality shows through in the video and KS verbiage. And KnifeySpoonie is def correct about having a schedule of content to provide over the 30 days. We did daily updates and that seemed to work pretty well. But I'd highly avoid updates that just talk about the "progress" of the campaign. I see a lot of updates these days saying "we're 42% to goal!". That may be important to the developer, but most backers aren't following the project close enough to find that to be an exciting update. You want to save your "We're 80% to goal, we need your help!" updates for times when you may actually need to ask your backers to make a push. Keep some content off the KS page to give you more ammunition for updates. Best of luck in the prep!
SP.SubsonicGames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: October 11, 2014, 11:56:02 PM »

Count me in on the Kickstarter. As a budding developer myself, I cant help but support a project like this.
Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2685 on: October 12, 2014, 05:19:32 AM »

I've never found an issue backing a kickstarter that didn't show the developers in front of the camera. I think as long as the game is shown and clearly explained then I've been happy backing them. Most important thing for me has definitely been the instant attention grabbing of the campaign. I find gifs showing in game action worked really well in that regard.

Looking forward to backing this on kickstarter.

knifeySpoonie
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2686 on: October 12, 2014, 07:31:03 AM »

I just want to clarify my position on why devs going in front of the camera is becoming a little more important. Don't get me wrong it's not essential, but as I've seen recently, getting a successful campaign for a decent amount of money Is less straight forward than even 12 months ago... When I've spoken to gamers at events like Rezzed and eurogamer expo, or even pub nights organised locally, the general feedback I get is, they are steadily leaning more to backing projects with teams they can trust to deliver and who excite them with the passion and drive they show. Part of that is seeing people talking professionally about what they're doing and getting their personality across. Again I don't think it's vital, but I think it's beneficial If your happy doing it. But yeah I would back Moonman in a heartbeat anyways... but thats because we have seen the commitment that's gone into it over the years, we're not who your trying to convince you to back you.

Founder and Creative Director |  KnifeySpoonie Games  |  Tpickarddev.com | @TPickardDev
VampireSquid
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: October 12, 2014, 10:30:49 AM »

FWIW, I will back your kickstarter.  I personally don't care about people being on camera but it is really nice to give at least some text explaining the lengthy development process to date, why you need the money, why you're passionate about the game, etc.
jmcmorris
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2688 on: October 12, 2014, 10:42:41 AM »

I'm sorry but if you show anything other than you staring into the camera for your entire KS video then I don't see how I could possibly support this project.

Zorg
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: October 12, 2014, 11:57:31 AM »

Honestly, i'm bored by artists talking into the camera instantly. I'm looking at the KS video to see game footage and devs showing their faces instead is disappointing. A small portrait about the team in text form with photos somewhere 3 or 4 pages scrolled down is fine with me.
kleiba
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: October 28, 2014, 11:45:06 AM »

Vacationing again??  Huh?
eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2691 on: October 29, 2014, 08:14:19 PM »

Update: Hey chaps, yes I haven't updated the devlog in a while and I feel bad about that. I was sick last week, both physically and mentally, and have just been chipping away at the Kickstarter. Pixel Dailies is taking up most of my free time (the time I would usually use to update this devlog!) so I have to get around that. Tomorrow I have PAXAUS and will be giving away some Moonman stickers to random people.

I also updated the Moonman website: http://moonman.io/.

Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: October 29, 2014, 08:25:50 PM »

This might sound strange, but could you send me a sticker?  Beg

eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2693 on: October 29, 2014, 08:30:40 PM »

I can indeed. PM me your full mailing dets (including country details, as i'm sending from aus).

Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: October 29, 2014, 08:37:39 PM »

I can indeed. PM me your full mailing dets (including country details, as i'm sending from aus).
Thanks Ben, you're awesome!

Nilanjan
« Reply #2695 on: October 29, 2014, 10:26:18 PM »

Really like the graphics a lot...great work!!! Tears of Joy
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2696 on: October 30, 2014, 08:17:48 AM »

nice website dude

joseph ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: October 30, 2014, 08:20:12 AM »

super nice website. You got this professionalism/polish thing down, good luck on all the KS money

Kurt
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: October 30, 2014, 12:51:07 PM »

It's... it's beautiful!

Connor
Level 8

Smooth talker, musician. Loves all things 70s.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2699 on: October 30, 2014, 01:42:33 PM »

can i get a moonman sticker?
:O im in canada so it might be a bit expensive but

Firearrow games
www.firearrowgames.net

blitzkampfer:
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=52009.msg1280646#msg1280646

too bad eggybooms ents are actually men in paper mache suits and they NEED to be agile
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 189
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic