Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411485 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 03:45:43 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMoonQuest
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 189
Print
Author Topic: MoonQuest  (Read 1322438 times)
DarthBenedict
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2820 on: January 15, 2015, 09:46:33 PM »

Cool trailer, and congrats on getting it posted on all those sites  Beer!

joeyspacerocks
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2821 on: January 16, 2015, 01:08:30 AM »

Just wanted to say good luck, and we're all counting on you.

~Tidal
Level 1

I live in Hell, with lava and stuff.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2822 on: January 16, 2015, 08:40:18 AM »

Good luck from me, too!

Legit like pasta al pesto in a Chinese restaurant
Bombini
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2823 on: January 16, 2015, 09:08:35 AM »

Backed!
Good luck!!!

Polygonzo
Level 0

Hide your wings in a ghost tower

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2824 on: January 16, 2015, 01:16:32 PM »

After watching this game from the sidelines for a while it's great to see it come so far. Good luck! You deserve success!
Mig (@wtfmig)
Level 1

Butt.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2825 on: January 16, 2015, 01:24:46 PM »

If you guys have any cool ideas about ways to promote the game then I'd be super interested in hearing them. I've got a huge list of things to work through but I'm always open to new and fun ideas Smiley

Could always come on my extremely (not that) popular podcast and talk to my unreceptive audience.

eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2826 on: January 17, 2015, 01:48:52 AM »

Thanks guys!

Update: Churning away on the KS. Generally each morning I check the different sites (greenlight, KS, youtube, twitter, etc) for new comments and try reply to them all. I'm also going to write up a few interesting articles to put out as updates, and try to show the different aspects of Moonman to everyone. Alongside that I'm also back to work on the game! It wasn't my original plan, but now I'm madly trying to get a nice little playable build together for some youtubers and podcasts to play around with. It won't be pretty but it'll be something and I need to find as big a audience as I can if I'm going to reach the 30k target.

Development-wise I'm just ironing out a few kinks and stress testing the system to find some hard limits to set memory-wise, as my current memory system just pre-allocates big chunks of memory. Eventually it'll be able to reallocate when necessary, like a standard memory pool. So here's 50 spiders or so to feast your eyeballs on.

Sub
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: January 17, 2015, 11:11:38 AM »

For what it's worth, Kicktraq has you pegged to reach 170% of your goal.

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/eigenbom/moonman/

I suspect you'll have no problem reaching the 30k.

It Usually Ends In Nuclear War, a 4x strategy game

9001, a fast paced action arcade game
eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2828 on: January 17, 2015, 12:19:35 PM »

Haha I don't trust that projection Tongue

Thanks for the support :D

Ninja Dodo
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2829 on: January 17, 2015, 12:53:59 PM »

Good luck with the campaign! Smiley

McMutton
Level 10

McMutton

View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: January 17, 2015, 09:24:29 PM »

I've backed ye, of course. Good luck!

I'm a post a link to the Kickstarter on my Twitter tomorrow, too!
saluk
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: January 17, 2015, 10:51:07 PM »

Mmm so many pretty spiders. Wait. I HATE spiders. You evil evil person.

Projections are nice... but if they take into account what a kickstarter curve realistically looks like, they also take into account the effort that goes into keeping a campaign alive that other successful kickstarters have had to do to get to the finish line. And if they don't take the variability in the curve into account that you usually see as people lose interest or the main market is tapped out, then it's even less useful.

eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2832 on: January 17, 2015, 11:05:47 PM »

Thanks Ninja and McMutton! You guys have been around forever :D

saluk - yeh I'm not worried about projections. just doing my best everyday to get the word out and show different facets of the game. no doubt the final week will be a massive media push and spam fest to get Moonman across the line Smiley

_bm
Level 2

i'm so confused

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2833 on: January 18, 2015, 09:44:27 AM »

spam fest

Well, hello there!

bornander
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2834 on: January 20, 2015, 03:09:35 AM »

Saw that Moonman made Staff Pick on Kickstarter, well done!

Current devlog; Grapple
Try Hovercraft for Android, voted "a game" by players.Hovercraft on Google play
Julius
Level 0

3D artist, designer, animator

View Profile
« Reply #2835 on: January 21, 2015, 05:54:49 AM »

Found your game thorugh Kickstarter and backed it Wink

Looks really interesting! Reminds me Terraria and Soulbound. But I love that you cramp so many details in your environment. Are you considering to make it more quest/purpose driven than two mentioned before? or loose and more sandboxy? Kickstarter description made me think it is more story/quest driven.. please please make it so. It has such potential (character, enviroments, mysterious moonstones...)!

Anyways, most of luck with making it and please get it funded! (make greenlight page on steam, spam terraria, starbound forums, make a funny gif for 9gag, boredpanda, get in contact with other games succesfully running kickstarter at the same time and crosspromote etc. just do whatever it takes to get more attention from people Wink). 
eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2836 on: January 21, 2015, 05:42:47 PM »

Julius - Thanks for backing and thanks for the info! I've been trying to post around the place, and I see some people beat me to it, haha Smiley I'll continue working through my long forum/news list while I work on the MM demo.

Update: Much has happened. Moonman has been Greenlit! The KS campaign is going along steadily. We're in a lull atm so I'm able to work away on the build. I started on tombstones, which are one of the reward tiers. They will appear randomly throughout the game and have odd little epitaphs on. A few of them will spawn monsters or treasure when interacted with.

I've been posting an update to Kickstarter every few days, with awesome artwork by various artists and different game updates. I don't really have the time atm to cross-post it here, but I'll try to highlight some stuff. It's best if you drop by the KS and check out the details though.

And here's some awesome art by Marek Jarocki.

Julius
Level 0

3D artist, designer, animator

View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: January 22, 2015, 04:39:47 AM »

Gratz with the greenlight!
Will be following your progress and updates through kickstarter page. Good luck!
Ultima Ratio Regum
Level 7

Game Studies Lecturer, "Ultima Ratio Regum" person

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2838 on: January 26, 2015, 11:01:50 AM »

Best of luck! I am 100% confident you'll hit the goal, which is all Very Exciting Indeed.

Octopus Tophat
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: January 26, 2015, 05:13:45 PM »

I just made an account so, Hi.  I've been following this game for a while, and I'll back it only under one condition.  Is there a lot of building required?  Building in terraria/minecraft is extremely boring to me, it's like work.  I understand people like to be creative, I'm not that kind of guy.  Is there a lot of building, or is it not required so much?  BTW, the game looks awesome, and has evolved like crazy.  I wish you luck  Grin

Roguelike platformer: RogueWorld
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 189
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic