Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411421 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 06:31:21 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMoonQuest
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 189
Print
Author Topic: MoonQuest  (Read 1318811 times)
kleiba
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2880 on: February 01, 2015, 10:01:41 AM »

Thansk guys, that's very helpful. I was hoping to do videos like that and hopefully will get some done soon.

Update: Paul Soares Jr, a very famous youtuber, did a Let's Play / First Look of Moonman. I sent him a build earlier this week and he was kind enough to take a look. Check it out!

Moonman First Look by Paul Soares Jr.

Awesome indeed! If you can get the word out about this video it should really help our cause :-)
eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2881 on: February 01, 2015, 12:59:13 PM »

Thanks Cakey-p!

Kleibs - Well it has 21,000 views but I've been posting it around. Smiley

Zizka
Level 5

Super Toaster X

View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: February 01, 2015, 04:07:10 PM »

16,000$ in 10 days seems like a lot, but like everyone said, most of the funding takes place during the very end. I'll be following this campaign closely. I hope it works out ok! 35,000$ is quite a huge amount, it'd be awesome if it worked out.

Where else have you been promoting your game?

Wow, someone pledged 1000$, incredible. Some people are a lot richer than I could ever imagine. I mean, shed out 1,000$ for an indie game, wow.

dancing_dead
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: February 02, 2015, 04:22:58 AM »

that let's play video does make the game look really awesome. the demo level looks amazingly, umm, explor-able! definitely wanted to take over the controls and dive deeper into the world. you definitely deserve some dosh for this, what's wrong with the world.
Rethunk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2884 on: February 02, 2015, 07:20:12 AM »

The YouTuber video looked really very nice and would have convinced me to back the game, if I hadn't done so already Wink I'd like to second or third that the placeholder slap sound effect is spot on  Hand Thumbs Up Left

Also I am reading Robert Grave's book on Greek mythology and happened to note perhaps a nod to Io the moon godess in the moonman url?

Everything looks boss mate, best of luck with the rest of the Kickstarter  Gentleman

TheChaoticGood
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2885 on: February 02, 2015, 04:26:27 PM »

I saw this game over on facebook. It looks like your doing great. I wish you the best of luck.

kcbanner
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: February 03, 2015, 06:51:25 AM »

Doubled my pledge and sent the link to my company. This game deserves to get funded!

eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2887 on: February 03, 2015, 01:14:41 PM »

Thanks guys, what a crazy, exciting, and draining experience this has been. You have no idea how much I just want to get back to working on the game. All this self-promotion is really not my thing, and maybe when I launch the final game I'll hire a PR person to help me with a lot of it.

Zizka -- I've been promoting it basically everywhere. Over 200 emails to news sites, all the forums I can think of, cross-promotion with other games, Twitter, and even a few little facebook ads. The campaign is picking up and I'm confident that we'll get very close to goal in this final week.

Rethunk -- Haha, it's a coincidence. I already had bp.io for my personal domain, and moonman.net etc were all taken. I knew Io was a moon but didn't connect that back to mythology. Smiley

stringkiller
Level 1

Fat Pixel

View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: February 03, 2015, 03:17:45 PM »

Wow, I first saw this game when there was a few screenshots with place-holder graphics.
I'm amazed with how it looks now! great job man! I specially love the way you make most animations look so "bumpy" and alive with few frames.
I hope you have really good luck with kickstarter, you got yourself another follower here.

< check out the devlog! or Twitter!
Octopus Tophat
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: February 03, 2015, 04:14:26 PM »

Ooooooo that kickstarter's getting close!  I think you'll make it!  Especially with all of the new attention you've gathered.  Gentleman

Roguelike platformer: RogueWorld
eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2890 on: February 04, 2015, 08:56:27 PM »

Update: Well, wow! Moonman picked up two awards in TIGs annual DevLog Gold poll! Thanks to all you TIGers for voting and I hope that this year my devlog will be even more exciting! And here's some more news: Aliceffekt is now composing the soundtrack for Moonman! Things are ramping up and getting crazy, and finally I'm starting to see that Moonman will be an actual game -- it's been in development so long that I started to lose sight of the bigger picture, which was that I'm making a game for people to play and enjoy. Instead I have been focussed on the various little parts, trying to improve each aspect separately.

Some people probably see this devlog as one game that's taken 3 years to make, but I see it as a series of prototypes, each one evolving from the next, like a Moonpokemon. Now I'm starting this year fresh and can see quite clearly where Moonman is going. Thanks for joining my little gamedev journey -- now let's get back to making our games, people. Smiley

_bm
Level 2

i'm so confused

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2891 on: February 04, 2015, 08:59:10 PM »

Update: Well, wow! Moonman picked up two awards in TIGs annual DevLog Gold poll! Thanks to all you TIGers for voting and I hope that this year my devlog will be even more exciting! And here's some more news: Aliceffekt is now composing the soundtrack for Moonman! Things are ramping up and getting crazy, and finally I'm starting to see that Moonman will be an actual game -- it's been in development so long that I started to lose sight of the bigger picture, which was that I'm making a game for people to play and enjoy. Instead I have been focussed on the various little parts, trying to improve each aspect separately.

Some people probably see this devlog as one game that's taken 3 years to make, but I see it as a series of prototypes, each one evolving from the next, like a Moonpokemon. Now I'm starting this year fresh and can see quite clearly where Moonman is going. Thanks for joining my little gamedev journey -- now let's get back to making our games, people. Smiley

You have no idea how excited I am for this game.
Soundtrack by a musical genius, devlog gold!

The preview song was just fantastic. It fits the game perfectly!  Tears of Joy
I'm very thankful that you are giving backers the OST! Aaagghhh hype!  WTF

DarkWanderer
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: February 04, 2015, 09:24:44 PM »

That preview track over on the kickstarter is pretty chill man  WinkHand Thumbs Up Right
jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2893 on: February 04, 2015, 09:51:32 PM »

congrats and i told you so!! Toast Right Toast Right Toast Right

TheGameSquid
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: February 05, 2015, 02:26:15 PM »

Update: Well, wow! Moonman picked up two awards in TIGs annual DevLog Gold poll!

Awesome! Well deserved!  Hand Clap Hand Clap Hand Clap

I finally put together the money to back it on Kickstarter. This is actually the second time I've backed a game over the years.
I was afraid you weren't going to make it, but it seems like the final stretch is going strong!  Beer!
Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #2895 on: February 05, 2015, 02:31:14 PM »

I'm super happy that the Kickstarter is gaining momentum now, congrats man! :D

eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2896 on: February 05, 2015, 02:32:05 PM »

Thanks GameSquid I'm humbled that Moonman is one of the two games you've backed! :D

@jamesprimate -- What did you tell me? I have a bad memory :D

Also, we're now at:

85% with 6 days to go...

happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2897 on: February 05, 2015, 02:33:50 PM »

20% in one day?  Shocked
Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: February 05, 2015, 02:36:03 PM »

20% in one day?  Shocked
Right? I thought that I was going insane for a minute there!  Tongue

eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2899 on: February 05, 2015, 02:38:18 PM »

over 2 days really. i got a shout-out on the terraria twitter stream yesterday morning, and there's been things popping up all over the place. i also did the aliceffekt announce yesterday, and i was lucky to receive a pretty decent pledge from a backer this morning Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 189
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic