Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 01:25:41 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMoonQuest
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 189
Print
Author Topic: MoonQuest  (Read 1319817 times)
oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #3400 on: November 16, 2015, 05:49:02 AM »

Just chiming in  to say this looks amazing as usual. You're making it harder and harder for me to wait till its released to play it...

rek
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #3401 on: November 18, 2015, 09:46:45 AM »

change the name

My Word!

Hmm.

Seven Moon Run
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #3402 on: November 18, 2015, 10:03:54 AM »

totally "moon head"

eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3403 on: November 18, 2015, 11:57:19 PM »

Just chiming in  to say this looks amazing as usual. You're making it harder and harder for me to wait till its released to play it...

Wiew. Yes, hold off! So much work to do before it's any good.

change the name
Seven Moon Run

Yee, I though of Seven Moon Something, but not sure I like the number in the title.

happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3404 on: November 19, 2015, 12:15:23 AM »

A loon on the moon.

Do I win?  Ninja
kleiba
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #3405 on: November 19, 2015, 03:26:04 PM »

How do you call that creature? Is it a (hold it!) "Luna Tick"?

*ba-dum-tshh*
ashen
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3406 on: November 19, 2015, 10:15:33 PM »

It's always amazed me how much atmosphere and feeling good pixel art can convey.  This game is looking incredible.  The lighting and shading technique seem to be what set apart pros from the rest, and your game has some of the best lighting effects. 

I'm sure this has already been asked but is there a demo?  On the name change, how about Moontide? It just popped into my head for some reason.

eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3407 on: November 19, 2015, 10:25:55 PM »

A loon on the moon.
Do I win?

Haha, well "A loon from the moon" would be more descriptive. Here, have a cookie: Panda

Is it a (hold it!) "Luna Tick"?

no nope, nope no

This game is looking incredible...
Is there a demo? 
How about Moontide?

Thanks! There's no public build yet, just a closed alpha. Moontide is interesting, I'll add it to my list, thanks!

Update:

Work continues in Mesa Arc 1. The mountain is filled with caverns and rooms, the latter of which I've been thinking about lately. I've started to randomly assigning roles to each of the rooms, with roles like gold tomb, hall, and forgotten room, based on where the room is, how connected it is, and a few other properties. Rooms and caverns above a certain height in the mountain are tagged as frozen and filled with ice and snow. To help with the design I print out extra information like room labels in the maps:

Other decorations like columns and tapestries are also making their way in.

In animation news, Alex has started to flesh out the humanoid animations, and at some point (in a couple of months) we'll be implementing an improved animation system to make way for all the humans and armours. I'm really excited about this aspect, and alongside the combat and movement feel, this will bring the quality of the game up another notch.

TheWing
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3408 on: November 19, 2015, 11:26:24 PM »

will there be an in-game ascii map?! would be rather cool

- - - -
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3409 on: November 20, 2015, 12:05:57 AM »

The graphics look better and better every time Smiley

flipswitchx
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3410 on: November 20, 2015, 12:20:58 AM »

I like 'Moonman'. If the gameplay is good (which is certainly looks to be), the name will take on a character of it's own. It's better to be memorable than accurately descriptive I think. You don't actually bind anything in the binding of Isaac, and you don't actually wear a fez in- nevermind. Well, Fez at least doesn't describe the gameplay.

So anyway yeah I like Moonman, but since everyone else is taking a stab at this...

Lunaria?
Lunar Legacy... wait thats already a thing isn't it...
Explore, Destroy, Create. <- If you want to absolutely sum up the gameplay (and that of many other games).

Moonman... I like Moonman.

Zorg
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #3411 on: November 20, 2015, 12:45:53 AM »

You get rid of rotated pixels?  My Word!
aamatniekss
Level 4

hiya

View Profile
« Reply #3412 on: November 20, 2015, 01:25:15 AM »

oh, oh, oh, oh, loving the new attack animation! :OO Though im wondering if that will actually be in the game like that, because you probably have a lot of weapons so you'd have to animate them all, are you doing it? :O

rek
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #3413 on: November 20, 2015, 11:12:17 AM »

Seven Moon Run

Yee, I though of Seven Moon Something, but not sure I like the number in the title.

Any particular reason?

Under Seven Moons
By The Light of Seven Moons
Moonshrine
Moonstruck (literally: to be affected by the phases of the moon!) (But there are already games and game companies with that name...)
Moonflux
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #3414 on: November 20, 2015, 11:23:42 AM »

Seven Moon Run

Any particular reason?

Under Seven Moons
By The Light of Seven Moons
Moonshrine
Moonstruck (literally: to be affected by the phases of the moon!) (But there are already games and game companies with that name...)
Moonflux

Then MoonStûck (colored yellow horn, see above) or MoonStöck (peace)

MünHôme?

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3415 on: November 21, 2015, 04:33:56 AM »

Tungol was more of a generic term for any celestial body in Old English, while its North Germanic cognates tend/ed just to mean 'moon'. Short. One word. Probably not taken.

Or if we turn it into what it'd look like in modern English, it'd probably be *tungle. If we move back too the 'moon forest' idea, Tungle Jungle? Grin

eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3416 on: November 27, 2015, 10:44:21 PM »

You get rid of rotated pixels?  My Word!

Nope, these are just the concepts. The final weapons will be rotated pixels as usual.

title suggestions

Thanks guys!

Update: This week we started to put together The Tower: a building that will appear at the top of the mountain in Mesa. The basic Tower procedure generates a set of rooms (west, east, main, and floors) and then lays them out on the terrain. It then connects them up with doors and ladders, adds decorations, and then constructs some supports underneath.

In version 1 The Tower will spawn a knight in each room, and the top floor will lead to a separate room with a chest and moonstone.

Here's some early tests of the Tower. Notice that the rooms adjust to the height of the terrain, the number of floors are variable, and the buttressing supports the overhangs. It's only the first pass but I think it is good enough!

Here's an actual tower in the game. Some features, like the rounded roof, were quite challenging to implement, but I think it was worth it.

I've built many parts of the Mesa level now (halls, tower, ice caves), but there are still a few to go. I'll finish them in a rough state and hopefully push out a new build soon.

Alex and GP have been working on armour sets, and it's coming along really well. Here's a few concept animations for the heavy armour:

Juskelis
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3417 on: November 27, 2015, 11:45:31 PM »

the sword swing passing the borders made me feel some kind of way

ernanir
Level 2

Hello World

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3418 on: November 29, 2015, 04:40:57 PM »

This is the Tig game I want to play the most  Hand Money Right

voltaicore