Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411196 Posts in 69314 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: feakk

March 18, 2024, 10:55:21 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsPavilion - Now with video footage and screen shots!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Print
Author Topic: Pavilion - Now with video footage and screen shots!  (Read 19523 times)
Flink
Level 1

Visiontrick

View Profile WWW
« on: October 06, 2011, 05:29:07 AM »

PAVILION

Pavilion is a fourth person exploratory experience about guidance, influence and subliminal control. Manipulate the surrounding environment, influence his sense and guide the main character on the path towards truth.

blog.inthepavilion.com
press.inthepavilion.com

Videos

Vine videos
Repin on the run
Slide Away

Level/Storyboard workflow

Storyboard

2012 Winter mood

First gameplay discovery

Level mockup

Old 2011 devlog:

Hey guys! Beer!

Got a week of vacation so I could finally start this project with my fellow mate Rickard Westman.

For the basic concept its a isometric puzzler with robots, take control over the robots to make a path from the start to the exit of the level. And it's aimed for windows and ios, might be possible for and android version too.

My plan was to write a devlog here from the beginning but as you will see it didn't quite go as I expected so the first days will be in this post.

DEVLOG

Day 1: Trying to install windows on my new macbook pro, fails in the end and I get no work done.

Day 2: Want to get going with the programming, decides to use xcode instead(even that I really don't like xcode), due to the superb internet in China, it takes all day to get download it. Finally in the end of the day i could just get the project up and see that everything was working.

Day 3: Setting up the basic systems for having isometric tiles, also made some planning for how the saved data will be structured.

Day 4: Finally could get some stuff going. The basic UI for the editor, loading and categorizing different kinds of tiles and characters. Choosing stuff from the editor menu.

Day 5: You can now place tiles/characters and stack them on each other. Thou when trying to stack characters on other tiles it's not working as it should right now and the character will be placed lower then it should be.
Also I added different states for the editor, a state for placing stuff on the map, erasing stuff and moving stuff around. Not sure exactly if this will work well but that's up for some testing to show.

Day 6: First of all I fixed that the stacking of blocks and entities now works perfectly. You can stack as many blocks as one want but when you add a entity that will be the top of that column.
I also added a neat function when you drag the block/entity from the editor menu it will automatically close to give more space and view for the user. And the open up again as soon as you have placed that block/entity, works pretty fine!
Functions for moving and deleting blocks/entities was also added. Thou there is no way to switch between them right now, that will be for tomorrow to fix.

Day 7: Last day on my vacation and tomorrow it's back to work. I guess the updates will be smaller the coming time. Thou I hope to get some gameplay in there the coming week.

Anyhow, today i built the basic game module, so now you can switch between editing and playing the game(thou there's no gameplay implemented yet), and to switch between the modes I added a button down in the left corner, attached to the rest of the editor menu.

I also removed the different editing states for now. So to erase stuff you just drag it off the map and release it and it will be erased. Feels pretty nice with only one state to do it all. Thou for the future I feel like a need some kind of "paint" mode when I want to add allot of similar tiles at the same time. Maybe it could be nice to use some kind of multitouch gesture for that, like having 2 fingers in the screen will make it paint instead of just placing them one bye one. Or what do you guys think about that?

10/14/2011
Hi guys!  Gentleman

We decided to try to submit something for the IGF so we're working like crazy this week.
Here's some updates:
  • We got our self a musician, we're really excited about this. Check out his work at http://postpre.tk/
  • Here's a early video from the editor that i shoot last week, unfortunetly the aspect ratio of the video got fucked so it looks like the iPad is rectangular. http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzExNzA5NTEy.html
  • And the art got a big boost this week, check it out:

What do ya think?  Ninja
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 06:28:03 PM by Flink » Logged

Gungnir
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 05:58:26 AM »

Hey,

Cool to see someone else based in China.
Anyways, the art looks cool, looking forward to seeing it in action Smiley

sabajt
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 06:36:31 AM »

those robots look fantastic Hand Thumbs Up Left 

i'm currently working on a start to exit path puzzler as well (eventually targeted for the ipad) so i can't wait to see where this goes! 

will be following for sure, happy developing!

Pemanent
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 02:26:42 PM »

I'm digging those robots! Looks like you're off to a great start! 

handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 03:42:09 PM »

Those robots have a lot of character. Everything looks totally awesome so far!

CEDE
Level 2

Don't Stress, Live a Cool Life

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 06:07:58 PM »

Even with the limited amount to go on I am very interested. Could turn out to be very cool.

portfolio | studio | latest game: shade dogs | twitterpost-it
Flink
Level 1

Visiontrick

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2011, 06:17:03 AM »

Thanks guys, we'll keep on working!  Gentleman

@Gungnir Sweet, I'm living in Shanghai, how about you?

Day 5: You can now place tiles/characters and stack them on each other. Thou when trying to stack characters on other tiles it's not working as it should right now and the character will be placed lower then it should be.
Also I added different states for the editor, a state for placing stuff on the map, erasing stuff and moving stuff around. Not sure exactly if this will work well but that's up for some testing to show.

Gungnir
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2011, 07:51:03 AM »

Cool, I'm in SH too.

It's shaping up good, much faster than what i'm doing atm  Angry
What sort of screenshot am I looking at though? Is the editor running on the phone or is it more of a composition?

Flink
Level 1

Visiontrick

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2011, 07:10:33 AM »

@Gungnir Yea the screenshot is the editor running on the phone, it's also running on iPad and windows.

Day 6: First of all I fixed that the stacking of blocks and entities now works perfectly. You can stack as many blocks as one want but when you add a entity that will be the top of that column.
I also added a neat function when you drag the block/entity from the editor menu it will automatically close to give more space and view for the user. And the open up again as soon as you have placed that block/entity, works pretty fine!
Functions for moving and deleting blocks/entities was also added. Thou there is no way to switch between them right now, that will be for tomorrow to fix.

Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2011, 02:34:59 PM »

Looks really nice so far. Is it the sort of game where you just take one move at a time? With no real-time elements. Those are my favourite types of iOS puzzler.

Flink
Level 1

Visiontrick

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2011, 03:18:10 AM »

@Ishi, yea that's exactly how it will work. What makes that kind of game so exited for you? Any similar games you can recommend?

Day 7: Last day on my vacation and tomorrow it's back to work. I guess the updates will be smaller the coming time. Thou I hope to get some gameplay in there the coming week.

Anyhow, today i built the basic game module, so now you can switch between editing and playing the game(thou there's no gameplay implemented yet), and to switch between the modes I added a button down in the left corner, attached to the rest of the editor menu.

I also removed the different editing states for now. So to erase stuff you just drag it off the map and release it and it will be erased. Feels pretty nice with only one state to do it all. Thou for the future I feel like a need some kind of "paint" mode when I want to add allot of similar tiles at the same time. Maybe it could be nice to use some kind of multitouch gesture for that, like having 2 fingers in the screen will make it paint instead of just placing them one bye one. Or what do you guys think about that?

Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2011, 03:30:27 AM »

@Ishi, yea that's exactly how it will work. What makes that kind of game so exited for you? Any similar games you can recommend?

I like iOS games where I can just look at a puzzle and think about it, and the game doesn't demand my attention. Joining Hands and Trainyard are good examples.

Flink
Level 1

Visiontrick

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2011, 10:14:50 PM »

Hi guys!  Gentleman

We decided to try to submit something for the IGF so we're working like crazy this week.
Here's some updates:
  • We got our self a musician, we're really excited about this. Check out his work at http://postpre.tk/
  • Here's a early video from the editor that i shoot last week, unfortunetly the aspect ratio of the video got fucked so it looks like the iPad is rectangular. http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzExNzA5NTEy.html
  • And the art got a big boost this week, check it out:

What do you think about the graphical updates? Better? Worse?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 10:57:44 PM by Flink » Logged

Fohlin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2011, 11:10:46 PM »

Wow it looks really great!
Can't wait to see what the finished game will look like. Good job so far! Smiley
hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2011, 02:49:37 AM »

PostPre is on music? WIN! This looks great by the way, best of luck with IGF!

agersant
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2011, 03:33:49 AM »

The graphical update is super sweet, keep it up !
Flink
Level 1

Visiontrick

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2011, 01:36:28 AM »

Thank you guys! Beer! Your words are greatly appreciated in times of IGF crunch.
So here's a little something for you....

increpare
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2011, 08:08:48 AM »

Looking great : )
Pemanent
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2011, 09:35:09 AM »

ooooh!

Flink
Level 1

Visiontrick

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2011, 05:54:33 PM »

We made it for the IGF, but still there's allot of work to be done the coming weeks. So here's a screen from one of the levels. Please give us your feedback on the looks of it, we still feel that there's some missing elements in it for it to be as good as we want it to be. Also some kind of teaser/trailer might pop up after the weekend.  Wink

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic