Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 06:52:06 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsPavilion - Now with video footage and screen shots!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: Pavilion - Now with video footage and screen shots!  (Read 19540 times)
rickardwestman
Level 1

--- Visiontrick Media --- P A V I L I O N

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: September 09, 2013, 12:13:57 PM »

So nice and well done Smiley
Congratulations
nice art

Thank you so much nss_aries and dincicode! A lot of progress have been made during the past year of production. And looking back at how the first graphical tests looked we are very happy with where we are at right now. The first part of the game is shaping up nicely and we very much look forward to show you more of both the graphics and the somewhat mysterious gameplay.

Here is two images taken from some beginning areas of Pavilion. A bit of work in progress here and there but overall these are good depictions of the general level of detail and atmosphere Pavilion will hold. Hope you enjoy Smiley

P A V I L I O N
www.inthepavilion.com
P O R T F O L I O
www.rickardwestman.com
Games Inquirer
Level 4

I love video games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: September 09, 2013, 12:20:59 PM »

Those are jaw dropping.

Check out my amateur blog in Greek or English.
Intravenous
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 09, 2013, 12:36:05 PM »

Beautiful and utterly unique. Bravo!
Atelier Sentô
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2013, 01:26:58 AM »

It's pure beauty!
I want to wander in this world.

I've read the whole topic and it's interesting to see how this project evolved in your mind.
The final aesthetic deserves all the hard work you put into it.
I also appreciated the storyboard images in page 3 and step by step in page 4. It's always interesting to discover the process behind the final images.

If you have time, I'd like to know more about the character.
How is he animated? Using what tools? His movements look so real!
karlozalb
Level 5

Do or do not.There is no try.

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2013, 01:38:40 AM »

A piece of art. Really impressive Smiley
rickardwestman
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: September 10, 2013, 10:23:08 AM »

Those are jaw dropping.

Thanks, having a blast making them.

Beautiful and utterly unique. Bravo!

Thank you very much!
It's pure beauty!
I want to wander in this world.

I've read the whole topic and it's interesting to see how this project evolved in your mind.
The final aesthetic deserves all the hard work you put into it.
I also appreciated the storyboard images in page 3 and step by step in page 4. It's always interesting to discover the process behind the final images.

If you have time, I'd like to know more about the character.
How is he animated? Using what tools? His movements look so real!

Thank you for the kind words!
Yes, the game has really gone through a journey of its own. We have wasted a lot of gaphics and ideas along the way but looking back it has been worth it and taken us to an interesting place.
Regarding the animations. It makes me very happy that you like them. I am not an animator and I am pretty sure I have some very unconventional methods of animating the character. I used to work as an Art Director/Concept Artist at a small film studio making animated movies. Looking at what the talented animators did there I am animating in an unusual way.
What I do is that I start with the first frame and then just one frame after another until I reach the end. I do no sketches to preview the animation, I just start and keep going. And I use no references. The only thing I am trying to think about is how limbs can be bent. For me this is a fast and suprisingly fluent way of animating. I would love to go more in depth at my animating methods but right now there is just too much stuff to do preparing for Tokyo Game Show. But once I get back from there I'll show you how I do it. Smiley

A piece of art. Really impressive Smiley

Thank you a bunch, glad you like it! I personally think it looks even better in-game, when things move and stuff Smiley

P A V I L I O N
www.inthepavilion.com
P O R T F O L I O
www.rickardwestman.com
Atelier Sentô
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: September 10, 2013, 11:27:40 AM »

Thank you for the explanation : maybe it's an unconventionnal method but it works really fine!
And good luck for the Tokyo Game Show!
rickardwestman
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: September 10, 2013, 02:15:19 PM »

Thank you for the explanation : maybe it's an unconventionnal method but it works really fine!
And good luck for the Tokyo Game Show!

No problem, I would love to go more in depth of the animation workflow when I get back from TGS. I think the animation method works fine partly because the character doesn't have any outline, he is basically just a bunch of plain coloured shapes, and those shapes works great to redraw and tweak frame by frame. I'll tell you more about it in 2 weeks Smiley
Thank you!

P A V I L I O N
www.inthepavilion.com
P O R T F O L I O
www.rickardwestman.com
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic