Update: v0.6.33 Nov 25th
Changes since the last version
- Removed hope counter
. You no longer spend hope to place equipment or treasure, which can be placed freely now. However you no longer get HOPE cards from regular draws. Instead they are dropped as loot
whenever your hero defeats a monster. The level of hope card dropped corresponds to the level of monster defeated, so take on those harder monsters to get the sweet top-end loot!
- Rebalanced some monster/equipment stats. More of this to come!
- Added a yellow hope icon to dead ends. The first monster beaten on a hope icon drops loot at +1 level. Finally a reason to dip into those dead ends!
- Added a clickable, expanded character sheet so you can examine all your currently equipped stuff
- Added tooltips to equipment on the expanded character sheet & monsters/treasure already placed on the board so you can check out their stats again
- Made all monsters & equipment have a level between 1-5 (no more blank level stuff).
- dread meter no longer linked to monster placement. Instead it is now simply a timer. When it fills up the boss will appear on the board to chase you down!
- trying to scroll the map beyond the bounds of the visible dungeon no longer possible
- click anywhere to skip past chat bubbles. They also now stay on screen in proportion to the length of their message
- dungeon boss now sometimes moves a 2nd time per turn. No more staying one step ahead forever
- monsters disappear from the board with a sweet ripped-up effect
- your hero now only says lines like "This looks vaguely familiar" when they have in fact been there before
- autoplay (demo mode) starting mutes all sound ('S' key toggles sound)
- tutorial message now more obvious
- instructions screen stays longer so you can read its wall of text (click to skip)
- music loaded differently, solves a long pause at game startPlay this version: Browser (Flash)Installable (AIR)