Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1084844 Posts in 44713 Topics- by 36653 Members - Latest Member: DireLogomachist

January 29, 2015, 08:51:52 PM
TIGSource ForumsFeedbackDevLogsButton Up! - Android and iOS - aka Molecule Match
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]
Print
Author Topic: Button Up! - Android and iOS - aka Molecule Match  (Read 19134 times)
oodavid
Level 7

Discombobulated zombie

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #260 on: January 20, 2015, 04:20:28 AM »

What a jolly yarn!

@zorg, apologies mate, just saw your edited logo idea; yeah, I'm really not sure what the logo will be just yet, will probably just run with a simple text logo for the time being, although I've been using this icon for our avatar on various social media sites, which isn't a logo per-se, but it's a start I think...

zorg
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #261 on: January 20, 2015, 05:21:39 AM »

The yarn looks good!

No problem (i'm editing a lot Roll Eyes)
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 20, 2015, 06:23:00 AM »

I like the new thread texture as well
oodavid
Level 7

Discombobulated zombie

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #263 on: January 20, 2015, 10:54:45 AM »

Spent a good few hours today chugging through all the various promo GFX that I've accumulated over the months, a surprising amount really, everything on the presskit in 6 different resolutions: iPhone 4s, 5, 6, iPad and smaller (for the web).

I'm particularly happy with the new GIFs!

I like the new thread texture as well
The yarn looks good!

Cheers guys! Yeah, the more I think about the new theme the happier I am with the choice, lots of haptic things to ponder and put into the game style Smiley

barley
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #264 on: January 21, 2015, 12:29:49 AM »

The new theme is really good. I thought it looked interesting back when it was about molecules, but the buttons/yarn thing works so well.

Also your mobile UI stuff is great.

oodavid
Level 7

Discombobulated zombie

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #265 on: January 23, 2015, 07:57:02 AM »

I've finally balanced all levels for the new release, which meant getting 3-stars on all levels, even the super-hard levels on the secret paths.

I'm gonna go walk my dog, then review all the non-level gubbins, and maybe, maybe get this submitted to iTunes / Play store.

The new theme is really good. I thought it looked interesting back when it was about molecules, but the buttons/yarn thing works so well.

Also your mobile UI stuff is great.

Ah thanks barley - it was tough to drop the chemistry theme at first but no regrets, it's a lot easier to talk about, even think about actually, stuff like marketing, artwork and most importantly I think my grannie might play it one day.

DoomVegan
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #266 on: January 25, 2015, 08:26:40 AM »

I really love the art work and the play is fun.   Great job.  One comment, which is probably late, and a couple of questions for you.  

1) I thought the molecules were a little small for a phone.  Even on a iPhone 6 plus it is a bit hard to touch.  

2) On level 4 I don't really understand how to get gold.  I completed the sludge in 1 molecule and in 4.   But I still got silver.  Not sure about that. (update: I think I figured it out, you just have to score a certain amount of points as represented by the star guide at the top.  For whatever reason level 8 is much easier to get gold than 4,5,6,7.  I think it has to do with the number turns you have to take to clear the sludge.  Seems a bit out of balance.  )

3) How do you get more slides?  

4) Probably intentional but you can work on two molecules at the same time which will basically break the first.

Great job again getting it out and done!

Playful Minds
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 04:08:43 AM by DoomVegan » Logged
oodavid
Level 7

Discombobulated zombie

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #267 on: January 26, 2015, 10:04:35 AM »

Been getting my head down ready to release under the new moniker on Wednesday, everything is looking good; of course iOS will be a week or so behind due to the review process, which sucks Smiley

I really love the art work and the play is fun.   Great job.  One comment, which is probably late, and a couple of questions for you.   

1) I thought the molecules were a little small for a phone.  Even on a iPhone 6 plus it is a bit hard to touch.   

2) On level 4 I don't really understand how to get gold.  I completed the sludge in 1 molecule and in 4.   But I still got silver.  Not sure about that. (update: I think I figured it out, you just have to score a certain amount of points as represented by the star guide at the top.  For whatever reason level 8 is much easier to get gold than 4,5,6,7.  I think it has to do with the number turns you have to take to clear the sludge.  Seems a bit out of balance.  )

3) How do you get more slides?   

4) Probably intentional but you can work on two molecules at the same time which will basically break the first.

Great job again getting it out and done!

Thanks for taking the time to play!

1 - I thought so too, for a while, but after reviewing other grid games like Candy Crush I realised that I'm actually on the large side of things - if you can believe it! CC is a 9x9 grid with a small margin, Button Up! is only a 8x8 with a slightly larger margin - overall a bit bigger. I've had a few people say the same and then that they "get used to it" - if it keeps being an issue let me know Smiley

2 - I've re-balanced all the levels, ultimately it comes down to making as big a pattern as you can with the buttons onscreen to score more points, I try to hammer it home on this next release, we'll see how that goes!

3 - Do you mean shuffles and swaps? They're part of the level design so I don't think I'll be adding a premium / purchasable that increases them.

4 - Yep! That becomes a useful puzzle element in later levels Smiley

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #268 on: January 26, 2015, 02:51:25 PM »

The game makes so much more sense now with the buttons and yarn art, before when it was more abstract I found it so confusing, compared to now where it's the entire mechanic can be quickly and easily grasped

oodavid
Level 7

Discombobulated zombie

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #269 on: Today at 02:25:01 AM »

I've just released Button Up! to Android, huzzah! Sadly the name change has meant losing the reviews and ratings, which were sat at 4.8... nevermind, I'm sure people will rank it similarly Smiley If anyone gave me a review I'd appreciate a new one!

Get it for Android

iOS is under review and should take 9 days (according to appreviewtimes.com anyhow)

The game makes so much more sense now with the buttons and yarn art, before when it was more abstract I found it so confusing, compared to now where it's the entire mechanic can be quickly and easily grasped

Thanks Mittens! Yeah, in my brain atoms and buttons are pretty much the same in the way they work, but you're right the barrier for entry has been lowered somewhat Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic