Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1142148 Posts in 48119 Topics- by 39383 Members - Latest Member: JimmothySanchez

July 29, 2015, 02:02:56 pm

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsFeedbackDevLogsErth [Infinite, Turn-Based, 2D, Sandbox, Adventure!]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Erth [Infinite, Turn-Based, 2D, Sandbox, Adventure!]  (Read 8428 times)
rascalpuppyjay
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2014, 10:34:27 pm »

Me likely :3
Lemoncreme
Level 1

-}

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2014, 03:04:43 pm »

I am nearly done with the latest version of Erth!

I have added many cool and useful features, such as the Study Book and Research!
Basically, you can research any item with a level of yours or lower, and all of it's item info will go into your Study Book. It gives extensive information, expecially on tools and weapons.

In the Study Book:

Researching:

I've also added tons of structures you can encounter on your journies!

Changes in dungeons, again

And glowing trees!

Right now is mostly testing. Also, as you can from the original post, all bugs from the previous version have been fixed! Hoorah!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 03:35:12 pm by Lemoncreme » Logged

Lemoncreme
Level 1

-}

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2014, 05:53:58 am »

Erth v5 Beta is now open for playtesting here on the forums!

Here is the topic.

Have fun and remember to post on the forums about bugs and balance!  Coffee

Lemoncreme
Level 1

-}

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2014, 08:06:26 pm »

Erth v5 is finally finished! Here is the news article on IndieDB:

Click Here

Smiley

rascalpuppyjay
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2014, 08:15:19 pm »

YAY NEW UPDATE *HUGS* ^^
Lemoncreme
Level 1

-}

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2014, 07:35:02 am »

You can now buy Erth on Desura!

Lemoncreme
Level 1

-}

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2015, 01:59:23 pm »

I know it's been a very long time since any update, but I've finally started working on Erth again.  Shrug

Anyways, what I've been doing is mostly bugfixes, balance and adding minor features:

Better lighting!

New mechanic: if your tool isn't powerful enough, you won't be able to damage an object.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 02:06:15 pm by Lemoncreme » Logged

Lemoncreme
Level 1

-}

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: July 05, 2015, 08:48:47 pm »

Changed the way item searching works, searching for a craft no longer has to be the exact item name, instead a list is populated with all matches to whatever term you input

Lemoncreme
Level 1

-}

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2015, 04:36:39 pm »

This new update will introduce a few minor mechanics and a lot of bug fixes and balancing.

Here is the current changelog:

Additions / Changes

* Changed hardness values on many objects
* Changed lighting; now spreads farther, thereby a huge improvement to visibility overall making many parts of the game far easier
* Changed rarity of Dungeon Keys, now much easier to find
* Changed the way item searching works, searching for a craft no longer has to be the exact item name, instead a list is populated with all matches to whatever term you input
* Changed some crafts to balance with the new object hardness mechanic
* Changed the starting known crafts, now includes Wooden Chest
* Changed notes; they now break when learned
* Added new mechanic: you cannot destroy objects that are more than 4 times the hardness of the power of your tool. For example, you can no longer break anything with any tool if you wait long enough. You will get thump sound and a notification if your tool isn't strong enough
* Added new inventory feature: you can now shift-click items from your inventory to a chest or bag and visa-versa
* Added new minor feature: text instructing how to use guide is shown when world is first created

Fixes

* Fixed bug where after player level 6, the top part of the equips bar was inaccessible
* Fixed bug where you couldn't damage bricks in a dungeon
* Fixed crash when breaking Manafruit
* Fixed incorrect descriptions
* Fixed some spelling mistakes
* Fixed bug causing shields to break instantly
* Fixed bags replacing objects when died upon, they now spawn to the left of the object
* Fixed bug where shop slots were displayed too far down when inventory was of certain size
* Fixed miscellaneous crash bugs
* Fixed a bug causing the durability to break after placing an item back down in the inventory using right click

Additional notes

* The beggining game is very different now. You must start by gathering wood from bushes, making wood tools, breaking rocks, making stone, then stone tools, etc.

Here's a screenshot for you:

In other news, there will be an update after this one. Probably. The next one will be a major update, probably the last one. I'll be adding big new mechanics and mostly sprucing up the game to make it far more interesting.

jovanmilic97
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2015, 11:34:51 am »

I think your game looks pretty nice and im glad you continued to develop it,any plans to come to Steam Greenlight?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic