Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 05:01:03 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsGhost Puzzle
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Ghost Puzzle  (Read 10294 times)
HernanZh
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« on: October 18, 2011, 02:09:50 AM »

It's finished! I moved stuff over here: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=24970.0

Or start eyeballing my wip stuff:

« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 12:50:29 PM by HernanZh » Logged

r0ber7
Level 2

i like games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 10:49:31 AM »

The art looks great.  Smiley

delete me
Level 0

This account is very old, I don't use it.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 11:56:59 AM »

So I'm trying to make up for it with anime goth lolis Beer!

Yup. I'm buying this game.
HernanZh
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 08:44:21 AM »

Lol, thanks. I wish I could draw a little faster though. The drawing part is taking me forever.

HernanZh
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 09:16:34 AM »

Hm, a devlog about a puzzle game sure can be boring lol. It's really hard to update this, it's not really exciting to announce something like "I've made another puzzle!", or "Another menu screen, hurray!" Huh?

Anyway, I feel compelled to tell you the game's making a lot of progress. Though one thing I've especially been having trouble with is making backgrounds. I'm never sure what to do. Especially the titlescreen, that's been a black screen for weeks. Today, I finally managed to start something. Here's the work in progress, what do you think?

sabajt
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2011, 01:52:47 PM »

It's really hard to update this, it's not really exciting to announce something like "I've made another puzzle!", or "Another menu screen, hurray!"
haha, i feel the same way about my devlog.  i always feel somewhat guilty about posting an update because it's a lot of new menus and such, but menus take a lot of work and IMO are something to be very proud of Smiley

i think the title screen looks great so far.  even as a sketch it's pretty sharp!

HernanZh
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 12:07:35 PM »

haha, i feel the same way about my devlog.  i always feel somewhat guilty about posting an update because it's a lot of new menus and such, but menus take a lot of work and IMO are something to be very proud of Smiley
I agree. They can be a lot of work.
i think the title screen looks great so far.  even as a sketch it's pretty sharp!
Thanks Smiley

Happy Shabby Games
Level 8

msmymo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2011, 12:41:06 PM »

I love the fish eye perspective of the title screen art!

HernanZh
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2012, 06:28:38 AM »

Hello.
Haven't updated this devlog in a long time. Like I said before, it's kinda boring to update on menu screens and new puzzles. But this time I've got loads to show, because I spent weeks working on cutscenes. Basically, I divided the puzzles into 5 levels (20 puzzles each) and show a cutscene on start of every level. Anyway, enjoy some old WIP pics and finished stuff:

Initially, I decided not to do any cutscenes and just make the player go right into the puzzles and stuff. I couldn't do it. I couldn't sleep, knowing I went down the cheap way and skip on this Epileptic I just want my games to have more quality. I still wonder if this was the right thing to do though, considering this is a mobile game...

Overall, the gaming is nearing it's completion. Currently implementing Game Center for iOS and looking into options for the Android version. After that I'll start recording footage for a trailer.
Meanwhile here are 2 ingame screenshots:
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 12:50:16 PM by HernanZh » Logged

Chris Pavia
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2012, 09:10:52 AM »

Looking great!
HernanZh
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2012, 03:17:01 PM »

Thanks!

droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2012, 10:01:17 AM »

Wait, is this full of designed puzzle levels o: because that's pretty sweet, if so.

Except for the fact that it's on mobile.

HernanZh
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2012, 02:44:49 PM »

Wait, is this full of designed puzzle levels o: because that's pretty sweet, if so.
Not sure what you mean with designed puzzle levels. I mean you always have to design puzzles. Unless you mean that I didn't pile together blocks to form "Angry Birds" like levels, then yes?

droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2012, 02:58:10 PM »

I mean, ah, not like Tetris (i.e. levels that keep growing with difficulty scaling to get harder) or other puzzle games that have levels that are more 'mess of colours to solve' rather than an organized mess of colours that might have an especially clever solution.

HernanZh
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2012, 03:05:08 PM »

Ah, I see what you mean. Yes, the puzzles always involve clearing all ghosts on the field with a limited amount of moves and you have to make "clever" placements to solve them.

Hopefully I can throw together a trailer of some sort sometime soon, so that becomes a little clearer.

droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2012, 10:25:37 PM »

Awesome :3
(Also, cute art since I didn't mention that right from the start (silly me))

HernanZh
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2012, 09:45:17 AM »

@Drogen: thanks!

I made a trailer for my game.  Making one was harder than I thought ~_~
So, take a look and tell me what you think!

I also threw together a website. Not much to see really, I wrote it in a couple of hours. Having a website is a necessity I guess.

imaginationac
Level 2

Makin' games instead of makin' money.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2012, 11:14:34 AM »

That was a really good trailer. Just about perfect and not too long.

Website serves it purpose (but from a front end developer's point of view...tables for layout is OMG 90's bad).

Youtube channel | Charger! Dev Log

HernanZh
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2012, 11:26:46 AM »

Thanks
tables for layout is OMG 90's bad
Well I couldn't get the 3 buttons centered and spaced evenly so i gave up and used tables Durr...? I should probably give that another try tomorrow.

jotapeh
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2012, 12:11:50 PM »

I love squishy puzzle pieces. Video totally sold me.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic