Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411424 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 08:06:22 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsBlue Saga (MMO)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Author Topic: Blue Saga (MMO)  (Read 13877 times)
skullbox
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2012, 11:32:16 PM »

Yes I will have to redo the flowers, but I will do that in v0.4 when I'm doing the crafting-system and you will be able to pick up flowers. I really need to learn the black outline thing, I will go through all textures and replace them with something more subtle.

skullbox
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2012, 12:21:28 PM »

Added some simple fog in the caves to make look a little more colorfull

Windybeard
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2012, 01:01:01 PM »

looking good!

laxwolf
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2012, 01:07:43 PM »

This is looking great, I really like the icons. Can you play as different types of monsters? If you can, that's awesome, many RPGs/MMOs only let you play as humanoid characters.

Great work! Grin

Solo artist, modeler, designer, and programmer.
skullbox
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2012, 02:35:14 PM »

Thanks!

Can you play as different types of monsters? If you can, that's awesome, many RPGs/MMOs only let you play as humanoid characters.

YES! That was the core idea of the game when I started working on it, my vision was an online world where anyone can be anything, and if you meet a cool monster there is a way to become it. For example by completing a specific quest or defeating a monster etc. =D

Ouren
Enjoyed Some Pizza!
Level 7

Poppy Works

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2012, 02:29:24 AM »

Tread lightly.
I have years of indie MMO experience.
Be very thoughtful and careful.

If you have any like player behavior questions, I'm your guy.

skullbox
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2012, 10:59:24 AM »

@Ouren Awesome!

Finally settled all the fuzz with creatures, families, classes and so forth. Creatures will be part of a family (Forest, Mountain, Sand, Snow etc...) and each creature will have a specific class orientation. So in the beginning of the game you only have to choose a name, a family and a creature. Here is a screenshot of the character creation screen. The creature you choose also have some restriction in what type of skills it can learn, for example a fire blob can't learn ice-magic.

Finally made a new spell "ice bolt" which let you freeze the target. This makes the target unable to move or attack, but I wonder if I should let it use magic, what do you think?

skullbox
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2012, 01:09:53 AM »

Here is a new video showing the newbie island called "Chompa Island" with its village, forest and caves.

skullbox
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2013, 01:56:00 PM »

Releasing a public client for everyone to test next week!! Finally after over 1,5 year of development  =D

thekill473
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2013, 03:42:35 PM »

I'll be sure to give it a shot  Grin
skullbox
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2013, 06:09:24 AM »

I'll be sure to give it a shot  Grin

Thanks!

Got the new bounty system to work now, so you will be able to place bounties on each other:

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2013, 06:17:58 AM »

Got the new bounty system to work now, so you will be able to place bounties on each other:
That's such a great idea.

skullbox
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2013, 10:22:10 AM »

After one and a half years of development, the first playable version of Blue Saga is finally available for download.

It is still an alpha so nothing is really 100% accurate and many bugs hides in the bushes. So download the game at www.bluesaga.org and enjoy!

So remember, since it is an alpha anything can happen, so here are the rules:

If the client crashes, restart.
If you lose connection, restart.
If something waaaay crazy happens, laugh at it, restart.

Happy gaming!

IzzyReggie
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2013, 10:46:58 AM »

I just tried playing it on my Macbook Pro. Got slaughtered by the first enemy I found (a blue scarab). Probably because I couldn't kite it with my touchpad.

Then I lost connection (that's fine, though).

I'll try again later on my desktop.

Twitter: @fistpuncher (no relation to the game)
skullbox
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2013, 10:49:22 AM »

I just tried playing it on my Macbook Pro. Got slaughtered by the first enemy I found (a blue scarab). Probably because I couldn't kite it with my touchpad.

Then I lost connection (that's fine, though).

I'll try again later on my desktop.

Haha yes, there are some easier larva monsters to the west in the ground. Yes, the lost connection problem is bugging me, I don't know yeet how to fix it, it seems that as soon as there are more than 3 players it happens more often.

skullbox
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2013, 12:39:51 PM »

We are becoming quite the party, 10 players online at the same time is the record at the moment!

eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: January 17, 2013, 04:39:30 PM »

cool well done! i'll download and play when i get a chance! Smiley

skullbox
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2013, 11:30:35 PM »

I'm releasing a new version soon, with a larger more open world, so no more loading times between areas, everything is just one big world, and you can go down into caves, making it just fade between the areas, it will be much smoother. And now you can travel the seas by boats as well, so you will all have your own boat that you will be able to upgrade.

Playable characters will be able to evolve

Working on the story now, perhaps someone can help me? Want to start from the beginning of time and this is what I have, but it is a bit long for an intro, maybe it can be shortened down a bit. I don't want players to have a lot of screens to skip through:

- At the beginning of time, the ancients roamed the seas. It was called the "Age of Ancients".
- Endless battles took place as their wrath clashed toghether. The fallen corpses became land and its souls sparked new life, and so the great families were created.
- As the remaining ancients wrath cooled down they dissappeared into the depths.
- The soulstones left behind gave strength to its creations til the day one of the families decided to collect them all.
- First the lord of fire gathered them with its burning armies, and so the "Age of Fire" began. The eternal flames grew taller and its heat could be felt all across the oceans.
- But their possession didn't last long, soon after the undead arose and swept their smouldering grounds as Death challenged the fire gods. As their armies collided, the soul stones got lost, and so began the "Lost Age". This is the age of adventure and discovery, as massive armadas of pirates set out on the great seas to try their luck on finding lost treasures.
- And so begins your adventure, or so you thought. As pirates roams the seas, ancient beasts awaken from their deep sleep. Many unfortunate sailors felt their wrath, and so did you.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 11:37:37 PM by skullbox » Logged

skullbox
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: July 05, 2013, 03:28:35 AM »

New version v0.411 of the client is up!
Added runtime files for linux and now there is a new island available that you can go to with your own boat. But you need to complete the quests to get it first.

Download the client here -> www.bluesaga.org

skullbox
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2013, 10:56:07 AM »

Special event in the game in 10 minutes, two new bosses will appear and try and kill everyone, would be fun to see some new people in the game.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic