Hello, so I was wondering if you could help me again.
I got animations to work, I have it so when you press down you drop off ledges and I made it so that only when you are in the air an icon appears but I noticed five things I tried to fix but can't figure out a practical way to do it.
1. The grapple icon flips when the player changes direction.
2. Right now you can grapple from above and under neath but I'd really like something like this.
I know I would need two ledge objects, but I think that's good because the right ledge icon is positioned wrong. So I could fix it. But I didn't know if this would affect ledge grabbing.
3. How do you set animation framerate? Right now my running animation is way too fast. I'm using sprite_index.
4. When you hang from a ledge I'd like to be able to move the player into a certain position so I can have a ledge hanging animation, and then a ledge climb animation when you press up.
5. How do I change the color of the drawn line? I looked for a function and couldn't find any. Also how do I give the jump sprite a separate origin just for the rope? So that it comes out of his hand.
1. ya i fucked that up in the draw event. in the function that states draw_sprite_ext, put in 1 instead of image_xscale, so that it doesn't flip.
2. in the grappling code, put in a limit that prevents you from grappling if you are lower than the ledge
you can do it with
3. image_speed = 1 //1 = max, .5 = 50 percent
4. make the player sprite invisible, and create an object whose only purpose is to draw the climbing animation. when the animation is done, destroy the object and make the player object visible again (and then it should be in the proper coordinates).
EDIT: TO SET THE POSITION OF THE PLAYER OBJECT
get the x and y coordinates of nearest ledge and set the player coordinates accordingly
5. draw_line_color() //i think
For the most part, with the exception of number 4, these were fairly easy questions. If you need more help like this, just press F1 to access the help menu. More often than not, you'll get an answer in 2 seconds, as opposed to waiting X hours for someone to respond on TIGS.