Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411196 Posts in 69314 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: feakk

March 18, 2024, 07:50:04 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSecrets of Grindea (Beta signup started!)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11
Print
Author Topic: Secrets of Grindea (Beta signup started!)  (Read 77319 times)
Eldboll
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: October 26, 2011, 05:50:15 PM »

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We just got our homepage up and running! It has more solid information about the game, about us and it's very own devlog! http://www.secretsofgrindea.com/ if you guys want to check it out!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So! Secrets of Grindea is an old-school RPG, with co-op support for up to 4 players. In the world of Grindea everything is determined by one thing - how big you collection of stuff is. You take on the role as a young hero (or heroine) taking his or her first steps to become a famed Collector and help collect the most valuable rares in the entire kingdom!

The game features zelda-ish gameplay, but with deep character customization and skill systems. We have no classes, you build your hero from scratch putting skill points in almost anything you want, with no level caps holding you back!
We have a lengthy main story with dungeons in all shapes and colors, as well as multiple side-quests and hidden secrets! All this can be played with up to 4 players co-op, or just by yourself if you're more of a single player guy!

I'm gonna try to update frequently with stuff we're working on, videos/screens and overall progress on the game.

New video! Some early co-op action in the Pillar Mountains!

----Video Archives----

Sight seeing in Startington:

Questions or any kind of feedback are always appreciated! Thanks for looking, cheers!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 07:52:47 AM by Eldboll » Logged

Linx
Level 0

I like Cookies

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 06:37:34 PM »

I want to play this  Screamy

DGH94
Level 0

Newbie Dev

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 06:39:42 PM »

Dayum. *throws money at screen* Just take it, and let me be the first in line when this comes it. It looks so sick. First saw this in the name rate thread, and when I saw that you had a devlog, I had to check it out. Smiley

Check out my DevLog? What if I told you there was cake? (Not yet, well, maybe never, but cake is always enticing.)
Chris Pavia
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 06:44:01 PM »

Wow, impressive work! Great polish and feedback. Looking forward to playing it.
Catman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 11:26:56 PM »

I compliment of the polished graphics, you did a good job at using different tiles. Often games like this overuse the same tile! The animation look great too.

The only thing that irks me is the music, it's complex enough but I am not sure the midi sounds follow the style of the game, maybe you could try using another style?
Eldboll
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 02:27:50 AM »

@Linx, DGH94, Chris Pavia:

Thanks dudes! We're aiming to have a section of the game up for beta testing around Christmas if all goes as planned!

@Catman:

Yeah, I totally agree about the music. This is not the music that we will be using in the finished game, just a tune a friend threw together for us. We're kinda in the midst of trying to find a composer to help us out, but it's turning out to be harder than expected!

@Gabriel Verdon:

Thanks man, hopefully it will!

Tokinsom
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 03:12:20 AM »

Looks awesome man. Can't wait to see 4 player mode in action  Shocked

hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 03:27:40 AM »

Does look beautiful. Loving the idea of 4 player too!

Sam English
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 03:46:48 AM »

Super excited for this! Great work so far!
Osteel
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2011, 04:55:16 AM »

Oh wow, that is incredible. I'm definitely lining up and buying copies.  Kiss

I'm surprised you're having issues finding a composer for your game, they're usually an over abundance of people willing to hop on. Have you gone to GameDev? Lots of people there to ask to join.
Arvind
Level 0

Cheesy motivational one-liner goes here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2011, 05:00:17 AM »

This looks very great indeed. Good luck  Beer!

LuisAnton
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2011, 06:47:55 AM »

I work with a guy who is an awesome composer http://playmedusa.bandcamp.com. If you like his work we could ask him! The game looks great, and I'm sure he would like to contribute!

cynicalsandel
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2011, 07:18:26 AM »

<3

I don't know what else to say.

LuckyLionStudios
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2011, 08:26:58 AM »

Hello, music composer here. I run Lucky Lion Studios, a video game audio studio.

First of all, the game looks really cool. I'm a big fan of old school RPGs, and I'm really liking all of the detail in your sprites an animations, from the lady sweeping the floors to "Mr. Flower Dude" bursting from the ground.

I would love to help you out if needed. I have a 70-song (soon to be 75) royalty-free library and I would be happy to give you some free music from it if you're interested. The library can be filtered using the keywords at the top of the page (RPG, for example) if you're interested. My RPG songs range from modern orchestral (To Arms, Beyond the Sky, Along the Way, Broken Spire, etc.) to classic SNES era (Spirit, Esterwinds, Gale Blade, Beneath the Boughs, etc.).

Just let me know and I'd be glad to help out, or feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Either way, best of luck! The game looks awesome.
KniteBlargh
Level 4

Blargh...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2011, 09:48:05 AM »

Stunning so far; keep up the good work!
Looking forward to getting my hands on a copy of this, oh yeah. TigerHand Metal Right

kamac
Level 10

Notoriously edits his posts

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2011, 10:28:07 AM »

Looks pretty dope.

What is it being made/programmed in Smiley?

Craig Stern
Level 10

I'm not actually all that stern.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2011, 10:38:38 AM »

Hey there! This is looking really nice; I especially love the animations. I'd like to do a post about this on IndieRPGs.com. Does your development team have a name?

TacoBell_Lord
Level 2

Burrito Connoisseur

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2011, 10:51:47 AM »

jeez..the art looks phenomenal. 4 player co-op as well.. Durr...?? Good luck with this one guys! Grin

RPG Gamer/Burrito Addict

Explore the Cosmos. Working on Project 88x doods.
rek
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2011, 11:42:13 AM »

Panda
Eldboll
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2011, 12:12:48 PM »

@Tokinsom, Mecha, Sam English
Thanks guys! We'll make sure the next video a co-op one for sure!

@Osteel
Thanks for the tip! Since we went "offical" yesterday we've had a bunch composers and musicians droppings us mails about wanting to help! Hopefully we'll find someone who fits us and the game just right!

@Arvind
Thanks duude!

@Woodwolf
His definitely in the top of our list! If you don't mind, you could give him my email. [email protected] and we could talk more. If he's interested in working with us that is!

@cynicalsandel
<3

@LuckyLionStudios
Expect an email in the near future. We all really liked what we heard from your site, seemed to fit our game pretty much perfectly! Stay tuned!

@KniteBlargh
Thankss!

@Gabriel Verdon
Haha, wow. Can't say we expected to be on the front page of indiegames. Super exciting none the less!

@kamac
Thanks man! It's programmed in XNA!

@Craig Stern
Thanks, glad you like it! We go by the name Pixel Ferrets! We don't have any site up just yet, but we're working on it as we speak!

@16Bit_Daye
Thanks man! Co-op all the way, games with co-op are always the most fun to play!

@rek
Panda
Haha, well. Some old test dialogue from when the dialogue and cutscene systems were brand new. It's obviously not gonna be in the finished game!
(Or will it...!?)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic