Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1026092 Posts in 41124 Topics- by 32721 Members - Latest Member: bloodmoney0006

July 23, 2014, 06:09:27 PM
TIGSource ForumsFeedbackPlaytestingffflood (alpha v1.01)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: ffflood (alpha v1.01)  (Read 14852 times)
jwaap
Level 9

JW

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2011, 01:39:15 AM »

sounds don't work for you?

Upgrades with the stop signs aren't implemented yet. Smiley Kept the descriptions in so people could send me feedback.

That's something I'd like to know BTW, what playstyles did you guys pick and what do you think about the available upgrades?

Netsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2011, 05:13:53 AM »

I'm running Linux so I play through Wine, that's why I get no sound (was the same with SCB).

About my playstyle, I just made 4 giant turret clusters at each generator (they were not connected) and a cluster of factories around the base, expanding each cluster depending on where there was the most enemies.

By level 10 or something I had so many turrets and money was going in so quickly that I stopped bothering building regular turrets instead focusing on those upgraded ones.

At first I discarded all the bomb upgrades thinking I should first focus on passive defences. I think in a shorter run it is best to focus on one or the other but as it is I can just pick all the upgrades.
It would be nice if they were more tiered, so that I have access to the best only if I bought the corresponding basic ones first. Although that might not work well with your idea of dynamically dealing with challenges.

saint11
Level 2

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2011, 09:36:43 AM »

Omg, this is awesoome  Shocked I love the idea, very simple and direct to the point!

RCIX
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2011, 02:18:51 AM »

I like it! Reminds me of a lo-fi version of Revenge of the Titans, without so much spammy clickclickclick you need in that one to win. Suggestions:

* Add health bars to the turrets and maybe small ones on the enemies
 * I assume other maps are coming eventually?
 * I personally found that surviving was based on getting lucky spawn directions that corresponded with my already placed turrets. After a few waves (~5) there were enough spawns that I would have needed to repeatedly get them in the same direction to survive (so i could just drop all my turrets in one spot). Could someone clue me in on what I'm doing wrong?
 * Would be cool to see a couple more turret types (maybe a splash one, or a shockwave type turret, or a buff turret)
 * Agree with the idea that upgrades should be tiered -- maybe split them into Turrets (turret unlocks and upgrades), Actives (things you can do with the mouse), and Utility (things like the Friends In Washington upgrade) categories?
 * Would like a way to restart the game without restarting exe, though it's not that much of a pain atm

This makes me want to get working on the groundwork for my own type of defense game Tongue

Just wondering, is this gonna be Vlambeer's next project or just something you're working at on the side?

Edit: yeah it did get easy after I got the idea down. Definitely needs a bit more depth and a few more turret/enemy types.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 03:22:57 AM by RCIX » Logged
J. R. Hill
Level 10

The perfect farmer's tan.

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2011, 07:46:26 PM »

Is there a quick key to restart the game?

hi
jwaap
Level 9

JW

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2011, 04:00:03 AM »

r = quick restart I think

lego358blast
Manbaby

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2011, 03:48:29 AM »

My step to winning... err getting a high level
step 1: place 1 cannon and put your mouse over it to get a win against a hardcore part, useful for level 1
or
place 2 cannons at the same spot and win

step 2: invest in the following:

don't do the money upgrades e.g. friends in washington, and i personally don't do the bomb upgrades first.

step 3: spend turrets equally, don't place them all at the beginning at the level and hope for cash, place 2 at each hardcore point and  place 3-4 at the grey ones

step 4:don't make walls at first make bomb factories
abusing them and getting the triple bomb upgrade makes for a win and no need for turrets... except to beat the wave

that example just shows the bombs at work, in that wave i didn't stop clicking, no turrets were damaged, i wasn't able to remove the turrets easily though so....

step 5:
fill it in, make those things wish they didn't mess with you!

step 6:

live, and don't press escape... that's how i lost Sad then i did it again and pressed escape again Sad

What i want to be changed
bombs are overpowered... actually they aren't bomb factories are overpowered
the droid thing is under-powered, for 2 points i expected at lease a bomb equivalent!
A saving feature, when i got to level 20 for a third time i got bored and quit, when i came back i realized there was no save feature... but there was a cool end of game screenshot thing
the army guy isn't glados, he doesn't have to say something once in a level, at the beginning and the end... if there is an end he should gently discourage players, well not gently, for example you wrote I see they stopped recruiting apes, i think yah, they hired you.
he says on death:
i'm voted on them to win, 20 to 1 on your battles.
he says next level:
If you lose your base, you lose your job, you lose your life, i make you lose your face.
the screen is to small
the lag is NICE especially on a 1.66 ghz processor (net book)
it actually helps!
i think walls should be able to be built, i'm tired of using bomb factories
i think there should be a tool tip describing components
i just don't like some of the textures
I think there should be a freeze gun that fires multiple shots and a research bio tool that analyses some organisms and gives you some dirt on them, that is if your mouse is on them for along time.
And i think most of all...
THIS GAME IS EPIC
(EVEN THOUGH IT'S IN ALPHA)
and one last thing...
<trollface>(yah i know it doesn't work)
Zealot644
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2011, 01:47:35 PM »

Trying to get started with making games (Despite zero knowledge), what engine/language/whatever did you write this in?

I played it for half my school day today. Beats world studies and business, and I cant wait to see the full game with all the features and balance changes. For what it was, it was fun.

My issues:

Became easymode when I had enough turrets. Which you mentioned you are aware of.

Half the upgrades didnt ever seem to unlock. Rank 15 upgrades didnt ever appear and I was up to wave 23. Maybe it's bugged or not implemented.

John Sandoval
TIGTumblr Editor
Global Moderator
Level 10

hhh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2011, 04:45:43 PM »

Trying to get started with making games (Despite zero knowledge), what engine/language/whatever did you write this in?

game maker

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic