Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 09:36:04 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralTIGSTWG XX: Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant - GAME OVER. INQUISITION WINS
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13
Print
Author Topic: TIGSTWG XX: Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant - GAME OVER. INQUISITION WINS  (Read 20491 times)
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: November 01, 2011, 04:34:23 PM »

Malfian Subsector, Calixis.

A Space Hulk, known as the Agaetis Infernum, has appeared withing the subsector. Previous apparitions within the sector have reported a very strong gravitational force, pulling nearby shuttles within itself, and doooming their respective crews to endure the horrors lying within.

Among these shuttles many Inquisitorial transports have been swallowed by this cursed debris hole. Deep within the Hulk, a small group of unfortunate passengers have gathered - inquisitors, heretics, and other members of the Imperium, all of them struggling to survive from the horrors the unnending chambers, and from each other, for each of them has never failed to follow their missions, even during these events. And thus, the Inquistion must obligue to purge every heretic within, the Chaos followers must satiate the whims of thier Dark Masters, among others.

Overview

This is a new iteration of the  infamous TIGSTWG. It is a forum game based on the popular party games Mafia/Werewolf, using Warhammer 40,000 as the setting. The narrative behind it deals with a bunch of members of the Imperium getting stranded within a Space Hulk, each of them members of differing faction, along with a bunch of heretic opportunists hoping to please their Dark Masters.

There are periodic intervals where Warp Storms occur. They are the direct analogs to nights in Mafia/Werewolf games. More specifically the game is divded into the following phases:

• The Calm (discussion and voting, then interrogation)
  • Warp Storm (murders and special abilities are executed)

Mechanics

Banishment
A banished player/dead body is teleported away from the gathering point and will be lost within the Hulk until the next Warp Storm ends. There is a small chance that he might not come back again, and there is another small chance that he might return as a Genestealer Host.

Interrogation
There is a voting phase during each Calm, where players elect an interrogator. The interrogator in turn, will select someone to interrogate. The selected individual must convince the inetrrogator that he is free from guilt, otherwise the interrogator has full authority by the Inquisition to execute at will. The chosen player's interrogator duties only last until the next Calm, where the players vote again to assign an Interrogator..

Communication
Players (in particular heretics) can communicate each other during a Warp Storm by means of telepathy via the warp itself. A psyker can peer into the warp during the nights and overhear conversations. While he wont be able to determine neither the source nor destination, he can hear the message carried with clarity; the conversating players will be informed that the Psyker was listening, but they wont be informed what did the psyker hear specifically. For this to work, all communication during the warp storm will probably require using the Game Master as the intermediary, or at least having him present.

It should be noted that any Warp atuned player can communicate with any other player with this mean, but they might risk exposing their identity. The exception is the culexus asassin, he cannot get any messages via the Warp.

Factions and Roles

Ordo Hereticus

Members of the Holy Inquisition, they have a mission of exterminating heretics on sight. Since they have gathered in the Hulk by chance from many places and times, none of them have had the chance to meet each other before. Thus, they must find ways to determine who their comrades are, mostly using their faith and trust.

Victory Conditions: All heretic players must be killed.

Roles

Acolyte
  • Guard: Protect target player from Kill abilities; If the target player is targeted with a Kill ability, kill the Acolyte and the targeting player.
Penitent
  • Absorb: Protect target player from Psyker abilities.
Mystic Psyker
The psyker has two sets of abilities; it can use one from each set each turn.
Investigative abilities
  • Seer: Reveal a random conversation between players. Identity of the conversating players is not revealed.
  • Scan: Reveal role of target player or corpse.
Protective abilities
  • Shroud: Protect target player from Kill abilities.
  • Sentry: Target player; if targeted player is targeted by an ability, reveal the identity of the targeting player, but not the ability.
Hierophant (High Member, Psyker)
  • Negate: Prevent target player from using Psyker abilities.

A collection of traitors that have been brought to the gathering point by chance as well. When the game master assigns their roles, he must ask each heretic which Chaos God they worship, which will grant a special power based on said God. Only those heretics worshiping the same Chaos God will know each other at the start.During every Warp Storm, the Heretics inform to the game master of a single player to target for kill.

The available Chaos Gods to choose from are:

Khorne, the Blood God. He embraces martial prowess and merciless brutality.
Tzeench, the Changer of Ways. It embraces sorcery and the perpetual change.
Nurgle, the Fly Lord. It embraces despair and willpower.
Slaneesh, the Dark Prince. It embraces excesses and depravity.

Victory Conditions:  All non-heretic players must be killed.

Roles

Cultist
  • Khorne: Bloodlust: Requires corpse. Disable targeting Psyker during the next Calm if Cultist is targeted by a Reveal ability.
  • Tzeench: Necromancy: Requires corpse. Reveal role of target player.
  • Slaanesh: Obfuscate: Requires corpse. Prevent reveal role effects from affecting the Cultist.
  • Nurgle: Warp Fever: Requires corpse. Disable targeting Psyker during the next Warp Storm if Cultist is targeted by a Reveal ability.
Rogue Psyker
  • Khorne: Enrage: Target player; if target player is interrogated during the next Calm, disable interrogating player during the next Warp Storm.
  • Tzeench: Exile: Banish target player.
  • Slaanesh: Seduce: Control target player; force target player to use an ability on a target of the Psyker's choice.
  • Nurgle: Plague: Disable target player during the next Calm; if target player is interrogated, target player cannot be killed.
Aspiring Champion (High Member Psyker)
  • Khorne: Wrath: If targeted, Kill targeting player.
  • Tzeench: Forsaken: If targeted, Banish targeting player.
  • Slaanesh: Temptation: If targeted, Recruit targeting player.
  • Nurgle: Contagion: If targeted, Kill targeting player during the next Warp Storm.

Some of the most ruthless members within the Imperium, they also got stranded within the Hulk. Each of them has a goal of their own. While highly skilled, they are all quite dogmatic as well, and their honor would not let them keep living if they have failed in their mission.

Culexus Assassin
  • Elusive: If targeted by a Reveal ability, Banish targeting player.
  • Ward: Immune to the effects of Psyker abilities.
  • Assassinate: Target player; If target player is a Psyker, kill target player; Else, Reveal Culexus's role to target player.
Victory Conditions: All valid targets must be killed.

Callidus Assassin
  • Ruse: If targeted by a Reveal ability, give the targeting player incorrect information.
  • Resilience: Immune to Heretic Kill abilities.
  • Assassinate: Kill target player; If target player is not a High Member, Reveal Callidus's role to all players.

Emmisars of grander Tyranid invasions, they dwell within the Hulk hoping to spread across the galaxy. They don't have a direct participation, bu there is a chance that a banished player might get infested by other Genestealers dwelling within the Hulk.

Victory Conditions: All living players must be aligned with the Genestealer Host.

Genestealer Host
  • Infest: Target player becomes aligned with Genestealer Host.

As you might have noticed, all available roles are lsited, they will be chosen at random (one per class, except acolytes, which will be assigned to everyone who hasnt gotten any other role) and won't be revealed publicly until the end of the game.

I hope I can gather at least 15 players, so we can get this ball rolling and spread turmoil and confusion.

GENERAL RULES
These aren't terribly specific to the game setup, thus I am listing them separratedly.

• Dead players cannot talk with the living. Feel free to post any non game revealing last words. Also feel free to create a PM thread with all dead players, with every new dead player joining it.
  • Try to not edit your posts. Feel free to correct typos and stuff, but avoid rewording whatsoever.
  • Do not copy paste any PM sent to you. Feel free to comment you got a PM with this and that, even if it is total lies.
  • The calm will last around 40 real life hrs in case someone hasn't been executed during an interrogation already. I have a busy schedule, but I will try to start each around 12:00 PM GMT-6. A warp storm will last around 8 hours assuming no executions occurred; you all must PM me your actions and other shenaningans during that time. I can't say this will be timely, but I will do my best.
  • I am okay with quote blocks from public posts, but it might be best to avoid them whenever possible.
  • Inactivity might best be avoided, for idle players might get lost during a Warp Storm.
  • Pathological liars are welcome and endorsed in this type of game.
  • In case there is any doubt with any of the rules and or features, feel free to ask publicly or privately. Stuff might get slightly revised in case of ambiguity. Or might not :trollface:

Special thanks
JademusSreg - if he were a lady, I'd have a boner for him.
Phoenix -  if he weren't a swede, I'd have a boner for him.

ENLISTMENT RULE
If you wish to join, you must include a glorious illustration that represents the greatness of the Imperium of Man, so post away!

PLAYER LIST
  • Inanimate - MURDERED
  • Fission Mailed
  • pierog
  • crowe - MURDERED
  • Ashkin
  • Mikademus - MURDERED
  • Landshark RAWR - MURDERED
  • Xion
  • SirNiko - EXECUTED
  • Wade McGillis - EXECUTED
  • im9today - GONE
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 09:55:13 AM by Alevice » Logged

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 04:40:19 PM »

How lucky that you got XX.

Reading over the rules first, I'll edit in my opinion shortly.

Holy shit you are a mad genius. This is seriously amazing.

I am TOTALLY IN.

also i was totally going to do an inquisition game with some pals, using the same 'interrogator' system

crazy world
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 05:22:31 PM by Inanimate » Logged
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 05:35:25 PM »

That picture has pleased me, welcome aboard.

WelcomeToAwesomeness
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 06:23:13 PM »

i am down with this
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 06:26:04 PM »

I don't see your pictorial submission to join the crew.

WelcomeToAwesomeness
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 06:38:51 PM »

Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2011, 06:44:47 PM »

While the Imperium doesn't belive in such teathrical assassins, I approve. Welcome aboard.

Rob Lach
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2011, 06:51:02 PM »

Oh this sounds fun.

I'll join up.

Noir

Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2011, 06:52:20 PM »

People, you must abide by the submission rules! Where are your pictorial donations? Lemme emphasize such a thing!

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2011, 07:04:08 PM »

His picture is the little detective.
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2011, 07:04:43 PM »

Fair enough! Welcome aboard!

Ashkin
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2011, 07:30:44 PM »

I'll read over these rules later. Save me a spot!
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2011, 02:38:53 PM »

If I know absolutely nothing about the warhammer universe will this be a drawback?

PaleFox
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2011, 03:01:02 PM »

i'd like to join

its been a while since we had one of these

for the imperium
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2011, 03:02:11 PM »

I don't know anything either, Xion. I assume that'll make it more fun.
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2011, 08:35:52 PM »

I'll read over these rules later. Save me a spot!

I can always wait for you,the more the merrier.

If I know absolutely nothing about the warhammer universe will this be a drawback?

Yes it will, because you wont be prepared to the never ending dangers that aways the galaxy.

But not, it doesnt matter, it's pretty much a candy coat over the mafia game, but i admit the robustness of the setting allows a lot of flexibility in the creative field, as it was with the heretics choices and shit.

You will die either way.

i'd like to join

its been a while since we had one of these

for the imperium

I approve of the submission, such blueprints might help the Adeptus in devising new lethal weapons for the imperium *snickers*. Welcome aboard.

Ashkin
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2011, 10:46:56 PM »

I read through this and (sort of) understand the rules. I shall blunder through as best as I can.

I think I saw a dude that looked kinda like this in the manual.
I put a whole minute of effort into this.
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2011, 11:13:50 PM »

I will take hat as  minimalist representation of a venerable Dreanought. Welcome aboard.

Ashkin
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2011, 11:47:50 PM »

No, it's sort of a regular marine, except it's hunchbacked, the helmet placed farther down. Can't find a pic/name though.
Oh well, dreadnoughts are cool too.
Mikademus
Level 10

The Magical Owl

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2011, 03:01:46 AM »

I'm going conventionally boring with a Space Wolf Inquisitor:

\\\"There\\\'s a tendency among the press to attribute the creation of a game to a single person,\\\" says Warren Spector, creator of Thief and Deus Ex. --IGN<br />My compilation of game engines for indies
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic