Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1036534 Posts in 41843 Topics- by 33463 Members - Latest Member: storybeasts

August 27, 2014, 11:07:17 AM
TIGSource ForumsFeedbackDevLogsFinishedCrawle
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Crawle  (Read 14155 times)
luke2000poke
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2012, 03:06:04 PM »

On Nightly 9 In the tutorial when it says Use left click to attack the animal it just opens up the trading GUI. Intentional?
Sekaru
Level 0

sekaru@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2012, 04:26:44 PM »

Hasn't happened to me but I'll look into it. (Try re-generating that world).

Sekaru
Level 0

sekaru@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2012, 10:13:33 PM »

As I said in my Nightly 9 post, Crawle will be going into closed beta from now until release (obviously Tongue). If you'd like to sign up for the closed beta simply fill out this form:

http://tinyurl.com/crawlebeta

Also here's a preview of the new trees:

luke2000poke
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2012, 08:58:33 AM »

As I said in my Nightly 9 post, Crawle will be going into closed beta from now until release (obviously Tongue). If you'd like to sign up for the closed beta simply fill out this form:

http://tinyurl.com/crawlebeta

Also here's a preview of the new trees:

Epic
luke2000poke
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2012, 09:12:47 AM »

Re-Generating the world fixed that bug.
luke2000poke
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2012, 12:08:13 PM »

When will you hear back if you've been accepted for the beta  test or not?
Sekaru
Level 0

sekaru@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2012, 10:29:33 PM »

I'll be releasing the first beta build probably at the end of the week (Saturday). You will be emailed and given access to the Crawle Beta board on the forums.

Sekaru
Level 0

sekaru@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2012, 11:20:36 AM »

Beta build 1 was released yesterday for those of you who signed up to the beta.

Sekaru
Level 0

sekaru@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2012, 08:08:25 PM »

Just released a new video on the new Fire feature. Basically you can now create fires by placing branches down and then right-clicking them and hitting "Create Fire" whilst having a branch and flint in your inventory. Fires' main purposes are to provide you with something to cook your food with (obviously) and to output Ash which can be used as a fertiliser.

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgrDw5wBjJY

You can also see the new 'Examine' feature in the video. Right-clicking an item will now give a little bit of a description about it. This is just to make crafting a lot easier.

Sekaru
Level 0

sekaru@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2012, 01:58:02 PM »

I regret that I never really have time to make these development logs. If you haven't already heard the game is in a closed testing stage. You can sign up for that here.

So there've been a load of new changes. I'll be describing only a few of them because there are simply too many (I haven't even documented half of them!).

First, there's the feature that I've wanted to put in since the early stages of the game but couldn't. In order for me to do this I had to switch over to the BASS sound library but here it is, volume sliders!

Next, I've finished up a feature that was added too hastily and was terribly implemented back in the early nightlies. Keybindings have been given a proper interface and a few more keys have been added to the list of Keybindings.

One of the main things I wanted to do is to increase the consistency in the interface design. I would usually use a pixel art font for the interface and then use a regular font in-game, I've simply changed this so that the game now uses that pixel art font and the main green and white colours for buttons, etc.

Raw food has always been in the game. However, it is overall disadvantageous since it will cause diseases. Fire has been added to allow you to cook raw food and to get the ash it leaves behind to fertilise dirt (to reduce the time it takes to grow crops).

Here's a video of fire in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgrDw5wBjJY

We're still working on this massive release and be prepared for a whole load of new content and changes before pushing out our first major release.

Sekaru
Level 0

sekaru@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2012, 04:49:34 PM »

Sorry I haven't been updating this thread a lot recently. I'm currently working on the first full beta release for Crawle which is a lot of work at the moment.

Recently I've been working on two things. One is more finished than the other.

The first is ranged combat. This is simply using a bow to fire an arrow, simple enough. What I've also done is reworked the combat system to allow for attack charging:

And here are some arrows fired at different numbers of charged seconds:

The other thing I've been working on is building. We have a pretty simplistic system right now which is still going through tweaks here and there but here's an image of landmarking:

Basically landmarking allows you to see if you can build in that specific location and whereabouts your building is going to be.

There's also a new Dev Log on the old version of ranged combat (before the charging) and multiplayer here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFT8rMZ3gkA

Sekaru
Level 0

sekaru@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2012, 07:38:13 AM »

Crawle is almost ready for release! I've put together this little FAQ type post for any questions people might have:

http://sleepystudios.com/showthread.php?tid=635

Sekaru
Level 0

sekaru@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2012, 12:06:41 PM »

Launch is getting pretty close, here's a trailer to celebrate!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BePGJuVfhUU

Sekaru
Level 0

sekaru@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2012, 09:57:54 AM »

Crawle has finally been released! You can pay whatever you want for the game, with a $1 minimum.

Crawle is a sandbox dungeon crawler with a focus on realistic survival using mechanics such as hunger, thirst, diseases and wilderness survival such as creating your own tools, skinning animals for meat and fur and using the resources around you to stay alive. The game is currently in beta meaning that the game is very subject to change in the next few months before full release.

clard
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2012, 07:46:04 AM »

This is looking great!  My main problem so far is that I have gotten my character physically stuck a number of times.  Once, in a dungeon, I descended to the next level of the dungeon and was placed inside a solid block area.  Another time, I can out of a dungeon, and the hole was placed almost directly under a couple of trees so I got stuck between the two.

I will really enjoy this game once I no longer get stuck so frequently.  Good luck!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic