Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411273 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 03:31:03 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsGDC 2012 - IGF + Indie Games Summit!
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: GDC 2012 - IGF + Indie Games Summit!  (Read 9071 times)
simoniker
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 20, 2011, 10:27:59 AM »

Hey folks,

I decided to keep the title of this post generic-er because it might turn into the general GDC 2012 thread, but I really wanted to point something out to everyone:

http://www.gdconf.com/attend/passes.html

Passes are live for GDC 2012, which is March 5th-9th 2012 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco, and there is a special Indie Games Summit pass that we have concocted for this year.

It's quite a bit cheaper (half the price of Summits passes) and is meant specially for indies such as you folks.

However - it is somewhat limited (we will eventually run out of room for Indie Games Summit pass holders plus those Summits pass holders who can also come to IGS), so I would highly recommend picking one up sooner (next few weeks) rather than later.

This has been a 'don't get upset later and we're trying to make sure genuine indies pick up this pass' public service announcement Smiley

Thanks!
Simon@GDC, IGF etc...
Zaphos
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 02:02:43 PM »

pass info pasted for convenience:
Independent Games Summit Pass
This pass is good for people interested in attending the Independent Games Summit. The Independent Games Summit Pass is available on a limited basis.

Includes
-The Independent Games Summit at GDC (Mon & Tues)
-The GDC Expo Floor and the Career Pavilion (Wed-Fri)
-GDC Expo Happy Hour (TBD)
-All GDC-sponsored events & parties
-The Independent Games Festival and Game Developers Choice Awards Ceremony (Wed)
-Game Career Seminar (Fri)

Does not include:
-Over 400 lectures, panels, poster sessions & roundtables including the most anticipated keynote sessions (Wed-Fri)
-All tutorials (Mon & Tues)
-All summits with the exception of the Independent Games Summit (Mon & Tues)
-Metered access to recordings of sessions for all GDC 2012 events via GDC Vault
Conference (available online)

Pricing
Early Bird
Ends Feb. 2
$325
Regular
Ends Feb. 29
$325
Onsite
Starts Mar. 5
$325
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 12:28:54 PM »

Booked. Where do people usually stay?

Rob Lach
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 10:44:40 PM »

Indies? At hostels in the area.

mcc
Level 10

glitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 03:00:57 PM »

Can you clarify, what is the difference between the IGS pass and the expo pass?

My projects:<br />Games: Jumpman Retro-futuristic platforming iJumpman iPhone version Drumcircle PC+smartphone music toy<br />More: RUN HELLO
Zaphos
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2011, 08:03:46 PM »

expo pass is just the expo (actually not even the expo, according to that website simon linked, which is odd) while the IGS pass is the expo + talks by indie folk on monday and tuesday.
John_wallFour
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 03:40:38 AM »

That's a great deal Smiley 

I guess this replaces the offer I've received in the past.  Which is if you submit to the IGF, but don't get nominated (highly likely - given the huge number of entries) - you get a promo code to the summit days?

wallFour.co.uk
etoothy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2011, 08:01:54 PM »

Wanted to let you know guys that you can also volunteer for GDC 2012, which I have already submitted my entry, it does say that they let you know on January 4th. Also, I know I'm new to the forums, but I wish to get acquanted with a lot of you and get together and make a game or something lol I just want to mingle with same minded people as me with the goal of making games.
Nix
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 04:16:35 PM »

I'd love to go, but I probably can't afford both a plane ticket ($400 from New York if I buy it early) and a pass, so I'm thinking about volunteering. It would be nice to have something to do and a free pass at the same time. Who all is going? Does anyone have hostel recommendations from last year?
simoniker
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2011, 06:29:06 PM »

Yep, John, this replaces the 'semi-private' Summit Pass discounts we used to give to IGF entrants.

IMPORTANT NOTE: the first set of Indie Games Summit Passes is almost 70% sold out, last I looked. If you want one, you really _should_ get one soon. We're hoping to release extra tickets if Summit passes don't get too crowded, but cannot guarantee it.
Rob Lach
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2011, 07:42:03 AM »

Just bought my pass.

Now to find a similar place to TIGJam Indie House but for GDC.

PTibz
Level 0

Business Person

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2011, 09:33:41 AM »

Everything booked and ready to go. I'll be at the HI-San Francisco Downtown hostel. Stalking permitted.

Octodad!
President/Community Manager at Young Horses
BubblePipeMedia
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2012, 07:18:10 AM »

Just booked mine as well, also at the HI. I keep hearing good things about the HI, so hopefully it's a ton of fun!

Nix
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2012, 07:29:54 AM »

They announce the volunteers tomorrow. It would be really awesome to have that all-access pass (I think it's all-access, right?).
BubblePipeMedia
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2012, 08:11:08 AM »

My first two years I really wanted to volunteer, but then I saw the way the volunteers looked really really worn out and tired from volunteering, networking, partying, and attempting to learn at the panels. I think it would be awesome to get an all access, but I also think it might wear you out a ton.

Regardless, good luck! I'm sure being a volunteer is a great experience regardless!

Nix
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2012, 08:17:45 AM »

I'm definitely interested for more than just the pass. I've never been to GDC before, so I think it would be nice to have that work-structure as well as instant and compulsory companions (co-volunteers).
BubblePipeMedia
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2012, 09:03:27 AM »

I'm definitely interested for more than just the pass. I've never been to GDC before, so I think it would be nice to have that work-structure as well as instant and compulsory companions (co-volunteers).

Yeah, I hear the compulsory companions is actually the best part of it (perhaps moreso than the pass)

zovirl
Level 1

Mark Ivey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2012, 09:41:59 PM »

knowing people at GDC makes a huge difference, so I could imagine that getting to know a bunch of other volunteers would be a big benefit.

Alaskan Runway, a side-scrolling flight sim I'm working on.
Forest, a walking meditation game. (behind the scenes)
www.zovirl.com
Nix
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2012, 07:43:09 AM »

Woot! I'm in.
Musenik
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2012, 06:27:55 AM »

My first two years I really wanted to volunteer, but then I saw the way the volunteers looked really really worn out and tired from volunteering, networking, partying, and attempting to learn at the panels. I think it would be awesome to get an all access, but I also think it might wear you out a ton.

I'm 50 years old, and have volunteered for the last seven years. You learn to pace yourself.

I got accepted this year, again, whew! Hope to meet up with others from here. Let's make a plan to do so.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic