Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1038355 Posts in 41961 Topics- by 33586 Members - Latest Member: VitruvianNick

September 02, 2014, 03:42:49 PM
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTutorialsBlender Unwrapping
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Blender Unwrapping  (Read 10707 times)
Dragonmaw
Global Moderator
Level 10

Notorious D.R.G.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2011, 12:11:03 PM »

A tutorial on how to UV unwrap well, as well as one on things like baking lightmaps and specular lighting, might also be useful. I might do that, IDK. There's a lot more to unwrapping than you might expect.

My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind.

-Snoop Dogg
ollie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2011, 01:26:33 PM »

Just started looking at Blender stuff and this tutorial was really helpful, thanks man  Hand Thumbs Up Right
xrabohrok
Level 0

ahahahaAHAHAHAAHA

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2011, 04:25:40 PM »

A tutorial on how to UV unwrap well, as well as one on things like baking lightmaps and specular lighting, might also be useful. I might do that, IDK. There's a lot more to unwrapping than you might expect.

Yeah, I totally agree.  This tutorial is more of a "Where the heck are all the buttons?!" perspective, because that can be the hardest part sometimes.  I'm hesitant to do a UV slicing tutorial myself because the methodology is very situational and trial-and-error.  I'm still learning myself. Tongue

Just started looking at Blender stuff and this tutorial was really helpful, thanks man  Hand Thumbs Up Right
   Beer!

A picture is worth a 1000 words, so naturally they save a lot of time.
---
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2011, 10:01:42 PM »

I can't quite figure out how to make my texture apply to the material properly in Blender - I've loaded it as the material's texture, but in the render, it doesn't fold over the model, just loads as if I were applying it to the entire model.

Any advice?
SolarLune
Level 10

Hmm.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2011, 04:38:41 PM »

Make sure that you've got the Map To property set to UV for the texture. It's in the Texture panel.

amijlee
Level 0

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2013, 07:39:41 PM »

I followed the tutorial, but only two of the cube faces were textured. The other four were black. I tried moving the mesh around in the UV editor, but that didn't move the texture onto the black faces. What did I do wrong?
SolarLune
Level 10

Hmm.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2013, 07:26:46 AM »

Make sure you've selected all faces, and then assign the material to the faces.

Also try selecting the faces and then selecting the correct image in the UV image window (to apply it to the faces).

amijlee
Level 0

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2013, 09:07:22 PM »

Whoops, the black faces of the cube just weren't being lit.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic