Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 07:21:38 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCraftStudio: game-making for gamers (real-time collaborative!)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Print
Author Topic: CraftStudio: game-making for gamers (real-time collaborative!)  (Read 67678 times)
Elrinth
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 20, 2013, 04:27:52 PM »

Question is do you really care if people look at your code?

I love what you've done, keep up the great work!
elisee
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: March 20, 2013, 04:38:42 PM »

Question is do you really care if people look at your code?

I love what you've done, keep up the great work!

Yeah, good point. Being able to read the code doesn't give anyone the right to copy it without permission anyway.

Thanks for the love Smiley

eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: March 21, 2013, 09:14:19 PM »

Geez man, this is insane. I finally got a chance to look at this software -- the scope is ginormous and you've done an awesome job. Servers, custom GUI, editors, scripts, visual scripts, web players, ye-argh.. awesome overload. If I was younger I would love making games with this. I wish you guys all the success you deserve. Smiley

elisee
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: March 22, 2013, 05:00:22 AM »

Geez man, this is insane. I finally got a chance to look at this software -- the scope is ginormous and you've done an awesome job. Servers, custom GUI, editors, scripts, visual scripts, web players, ye-argh.. awesome overload. If I was younger I would love making games with this. I wish you guys all the success you deserve. Smiley

Thanks for the kind words, much appreciated! Smiley

I can't wait till the beta is ready, it's going to be a big step forward...
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 03:14:09 PM by elisee » Logged

kamac
Level 10

Notoriously edits his posts

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 03, 2013, 01:48:48 PM »

I've got a question - does that model style you use for craftstudio characters (chars made out of blocks) has any particular name? Any way to describe it?

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: April 03, 2013, 01:49:59 PM »

voxelly

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 03, 2013, 04:08:21 PM »

More like boxy

elisee
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: April 03, 2013, 11:22:08 PM »

I've got a question - does that model style you use for craftstudio characters (chars made out of blocks) has any particular name? Any way to describe it?

Not that I know of. The earliest models made out of blocks/boxes I've seen were in Minecraft, but I haven't dug in the past much.

voxelly

It definitely isn't voxel, even the maps in CraftStudio or Minecraft aren't technically voxels, it's just raster graphics based on a 3D grid.

(As far as I understand it, voxels don't move, they are a sampling of a volume on a 3D grid with a limited resolution, they simulate what an LCD screen would be like if it had depth.)

More like boxy

Yup, I call them blocky models myself Smiley

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: April 04, 2013, 05:57:32 AM »

voxelly

It definitely isn't voxel,
thanks for the lesson professor, but I didn't say "voxel"

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
elisee
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: April 04, 2013, 07:21:08 AM »

voxelly

It definitely isn't voxel,
thanks for the lesson professor, but I didn't say "voxel"

Definitely didn't mean it as a lesson, nor did I mean to be condescending. Did you feel like I was patronizing you? I was just justifying why the term "voxelly" didn't seem to apply from my point of view.

In my opinion (again, just that), one could qualify AlwaysGeeky's Vox or Voxatron models of voxelly models since they are grid-based. CraftStudio models, on the other hand, are just a tree of oriented boxes, so AFAICT the relation to voxels is pretty much nonexistent.

kurtkz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 04, 2013, 09:52:52 AM »

This project looks ridiculously good, congrats Smiley Any news on the web player yet?
elisee
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: April 04, 2013, 10:10:44 AM »

This project looks ridiculously good, congrats Smiley Any news on the web player yet?

Thanks!

The Web player is mostly done Smiley. I'll make a new video and post it soon, most games run pretty good now.

On the Beta side, I've been adding a friending / private messaging system this week:

Next up is support for custom user picture upload, various minor website things that I need to take care of and then I'll see if I can get the physics engine ready in time for Beta or if I postpone it for right afterwards instead, since I'm trying to get a release out before the end of the month and I still have a whole new CraftStudio trailer to write/record/edit...

X-Tender
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: April 04, 2013, 10:13:56 AM »

Can we See on which Document/File/Project the Friend is currently Working?

elisee
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: April 04, 2013, 10:17:25 AM »

Can we See on which Document/File/Project the Friend is currently Working?

Not yet, but I plan to add that too. For now you'll just have to ping them and ask.

kurtkz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 04, 2013, 10:23:38 AM »

Interesting...I thought you already have a physics engine integrated into the editor. What engine are you going to be integrating?
elisee
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: April 04, 2013, 10:26:07 AM »

Interesting...I thought you already have a physics engine integrated into the editor. What engine are you going to be integrating?

I'm currently looking at either a Bullet XNA port or BEPU Physics. I need Web support in the long run so Bullet would probably be the safest choice considering the existence of Ammo.js.

kamac
Level 10

Notoriously edits his posts

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 04, 2013, 11:37:13 AM »

I definitely recommend bullet. Out of those I've used, it's the best.

elisee
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: April 07, 2013, 04:38:22 PM »

Just finished reworking the visual scripting block frames for the beta. Here's a comparison screenshot:

Gaining about 20% more line density, also the user interface around is much slimmer too so overall, should make for a lot less scrolling Smiley

elisee
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: April 20, 2013, 05:07:46 PM »

I just uploaded a demo video of the newly integrated physics engine for CraftStudio Beta:

Physics Engine demo

(click to watch on YouTube)

I'm using BulletXNA which is a full C# port of Bullet Physics.

For the Web player, I'll look at Ammo.js which is a compiled-to-JS version of Bullet Physics (built using Emscripten)

BomberTREE
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 21, 2013, 07:35:29 PM »

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley It's beautiful.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic