Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411485 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 07:07:22 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDungeon Hearts - New Endless mode added in 1.1
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20
Print
Author Topic: Dungeon Hearts - New Endless mode added in 1.1  (Read 53827 times)
Chris Pavia
« Reply #360 on: March 28, 2013, 06:01:48 PM »

EDIT: Yeah, my scores definitely aren't showing up. I tried submitting one in hard by beating one enemy and then getting my guys killed and it's not there.

Your scores were/are being saved correctly on the back end, but for whatever reason Steam didn't enable the leader board tab in the store page. Now you can view the leader boards from within the Achievement section, but in-game still points to the wrong place.
pluckyporcupine
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #361 on: March 28, 2013, 06:19:00 PM »

Your scores were/are being saved correctly on the back end, but for whatever reason Steam didn't enable the leader board tab in the store page. Now you can view the leader boards from within the Achievement section, but in-game still points to the wrong place.
Yeah, that's where I checked. I can see everyone else's scores but not my scores.

EDIT: Oh and my leaderboards button actually does nothing.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 06:40:30 PM by johnki » Logged

eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #362 on: March 28, 2013, 10:44:17 PM »

Well done with the game, I just bought it on ipad and played for an hour or so. I really enjoyed it and appreciate the colour-blind mode! Smiley This is about as good as I'll get, #13...

Chris Pavia
« Reply #363 on: March 29, 2013, 03:32:07 AM »

Thanks! The community has been asking for an Easy mode, so I'll be adding that soon (although the Steam version will get it before the iPad).
Ouren
Enjoyed Some Pizza!
Level 7

Poppy Works

View Profile WWW
« Reply #364 on: March 29, 2013, 06:16:08 PM »

Toast Left Droop Hand Shake Right

pluckyporcupine
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #365 on: March 29, 2013, 07:52:36 PM »

Okay, I reinstalled and everything. Neither achievements nor leaderboards are working and, on top of that, I noticed that I still have all of the soundtracks (not that I'm complaining since I like Glitch Hearts a lot more than the default soundtrack) and my bestiary progress, the former of which I assumed wasn't carrying over from beta since I've never actually completed the game.

I'm on a Mac (OSX 10.6.7) if that helps.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 07:59:27 PM by johnki » Logged

deathtotheweird
« Reply #366 on: March 29, 2013, 10:32:51 PM »

Same thing for me as johnki, and I'm on windows7.
pluckyporcupine
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #367 on: April 02, 2013, 09:32:00 AM »

So on top of the leader boards thing, I finally beat the game on normal and its just sitting at the end with nothing but the boardand background visible. Kinda mad because that took a large amount of effort and I even got a 9.4 combo at one point and I don't even get to see my score.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 09:37:05 AM by johnki » Logged

Chris Pavia
« Reply #368 on: April 02, 2013, 03:27:27 PM »

If you are having issues with leaderboards/achievements, please post in the Bug thread here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/229520/discussions/0/828934724123892305/

I didn't do any of the Steam integration, but my friend who did looks at that thread and can hopefully help you.

As for hanging during gameplay, I'm finding out now that it was a mistake to rely on Unity's Animation Event system since the events don't always fire (what is the point of even having the system if it doesn't always work??). I'm going back now and trying to put more robust checks in place to compensate.

Haven't marked this Done yet because I'd like to get more bugs like this squashed first.

I am hoping to have a test build of Endless mode available to Steam users over the weekend.
pluckyporcupine
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #369 on: April 02, 2013, 03:36:27 PM »

If you are having issues with leaderboards/achievements, please post in the Bug thread here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/229520/discussions/0/828934724123892305/
Done.

As for hanging during gameplay, I'm finding out now that it was a mistake to rely on Unity's Animation Event system since the events don't always fire (what is the point of even having the system if it doesn't always work??). I'm going back now and trying to put more robust checks in place to compensate.
Alright. If you don't mind leaving a note when it's fixed, I guess I'll see if I have the willpower to go back through it at that point. Kind of depressing to be shut down by a bug at the literal end of the game.

Chris Pavia
« Reply #370 on: April 02, 2013, 03:53:05 PM »

That's understandable. You may enjoy Endless mode more in the interim (once I add it to the build), as it's intended to be a shorter (5-10 minute) experience to contrast the main gameplay.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #371 on: April 02, 2013, 03:54:20 PM »

achievements/leaderboard seems to work now. and the difficulty feels a lot better, good job.

how's the release going so far?
Chris Pavia
« Reply #372 on: April 03, 2013, 05:34:46 AM »

The release has been a bit buggier that I would have liked  Lips Sealed

Fixed most of the big ones, still got a couple on the iOS side that are taking a while because I have to wait for Apple's approval process, as opposed to Steam where I can upload a new build at any time. The process has given me a much better idea of how to structure my next game.

Opinions on the game seem to be either love it or hate it. Some people don't really get it, approaching it more as a casual puzzle game and end up hating it because it doesn't follow many conventions of the genre. Others find it an interesting mix of systems that are fun to explore. I should have had Easy mode in there from the start, because some people are just not good at the game!

I love browsing the game's user submitted screenshots on Steam to see what they take pictures of the most. They usually consist of the final boss, pics of really big combos, post-game scores, their favorite enemy designs, the portrait slide-ins for getting over a x5 multiplier. Since it's my first real game release it's cool seeing or hearing from people who really dig the game.
Chris Pavia
« Reply #373 on: April 15, 2013, 11:53:03 AM »

Just updated the Steam build to 1.1, which adds Endless mode and associated leaderboard. iPad version is awaiting approval.

I'll mark this as DONE once that gets approved, as the new update should fix most/all of the crashes on the iPad. They were particularly tough to track down because they didn't occur on my device and the causes were obscure issues with the plug-ins I'm using.

I'll still be working on the game fixing issues and adding stuff such as:
-foreign language support - in progress now
-earning permanent upgrades for heroes - in design phase
-more audio/video options
deathtotheweird
« Reply #374 on: April 15, 2013, 06:16:01 PM »

Good work on the post-release support. It's too easy and common for people to just release and forget, so it's nice you're taking the time to fix and add things or whatever.
Ouren
Enjoyed Some Pizza!
Level 7

Poppy Works

View Profile WWW
« Reply #375 on: April 17, 2013, 08:43:46 PM »

I JUST GOT A STEAM COUPON FOR YO GAME SON

Uykered
« Reply #376 on: April 18, 2013, 01:34:06 AM »

Yeah same (even though I own it) I just got 3 steam coupons randomly, I have no idea how that happened.
Chris Pavia
« Reply #377 on: April 18, 2013, 08:03:16 AM »

If you own Dungeon Hearts on Steam, you should have gotten a coupon for 10,000,000, and vice versa  Beer!

No idea what happens if you already own both tho!
Chris Pavia
« Reply #378 on: April 18, 2013, 09:22:52 AM »

Cool, the game got a spot on Ars Technica's 25 indie games that should be on your radar.
Uykered
« Reply #379 on: April 18, 2013, 07:46:59 PM »

Ah ok so it was you guys, yeah I own 10 million as well but I also got a coupon for Duke Nukem  (lol).
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic