Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 12:11:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTrash TV - Done! Out 23rd Feb!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13
Print
Author Topic: Trash TV - Done! Out 23rd Feb!  (Read 48140 times)
Bishop
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 11, 2013, 10:29:58 AM »

Since I noticed they have different things going on on their screens, any chance it'll be possible to choose different screens to have up while you're playing?

You can only choose between the two hero's at the moment, Signal (olive colour, test card screen) and Static (purple and static screen). I'd like to add bonus ones in but I've not thought of much beyond a black and white TV that greyscales your game while playing.

Sure, let me iron out a few bugs and I'll PM you the current build.
Does this offer still stand? Happen to be on Mac right now and wondering if the non-Steam version will work in Wine.

Sure, I'd be interested in whether it works on Mac or not in Wine. I don't know anyone with a Mac personally so I'd be greatful for the testing.
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: April 11, 2013, 01:06:56 PM »

You can only choose between the two hero's at the moment, Signal (olive colour, test card screen) and Static (purple and static screen). I'd like to add bonus ones in but I've not thought of much beyond a black and white TV that greyscales your game while playing.

A 70's style boxy television with wheels?
A CRT monitor that hops around?
A flat LCD screen?

The black and white one sounds kinda cool.

oyog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: April 12, 2013, 03:07:16 PM »

An oscilloscope? No idea how you would make an identifiable character or how you could possibly do screen effects for something like that. How about the computer console from Brazil?

Two totally reasonable suggestions? Yeah. Thought so. Durr...?
Bishop
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 12, 2013, 03:10:56 PM »

Computer console from Brazil?
oyog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: April 12, 2013, 07:39:18 PM »

Computer console from Brazil?

Heh, whoops. Forgot to go back and add the link. I meant the film Brazil.

Really it's just a Fresnel lens in front of a tiny CRT attached to a typewriter.
Bishop
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: April 13, 2013, 04:45:38 AM »

Nice ideas guys! I'll have to have a play around and see if I can draw them recognizable at 32x32.

Cross post from ScreenshotSaturday

"Been working on how to handle split screen. Think I've got a pretty nice solution. It tries it hardest to maintain one view with both players but if the two split left side tracks left most player, bottom tracks bottom most, etc. Switches between vertical and horizontal split when needed. Was a proper bitch to code, still got a lot of little tweaks to finish.

"
Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: April 13, 2013, 06:22:51 AM »

Liking the look of the splitscreen Smiley

siskavard
« Reply #167 on: April 13, 2013, 06:04:16 PM »

the art direction in this is really great
pluckyporcupine
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: April 13, 2013, 06:05:36 PM »

Man, that split-screen solution is awesome.

Bishop
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 19, 2013, 09:41:19 AM »

Start of replacing the text with machinarium style thought bubble animations. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkSs99kTYqg&feature=youtu.be

What do you think? I'm pretty excited about it. The plan is to show that you can pick and throw and hope the players discover the buttons themselves. If it works out I might add animations for all of the guns and little hints when the player gets stuck (although I can't afford every puzzle so it'd be a bit inconsistent).
Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: April 19, 2013, 11:20:11 AM »

I would love to see what you came up with but the video is private :S

siskavard
« Reply #171 on: April 19, 2013, 11:28:54 AM »

The demo is absolutely fun. I LOVE the 'tv' screen effects when you die, get hit, for the explosions, etc.

Can't wait to play the final. So much fun.
Bishop
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 19, 2013, 11:29:24 AM »

Whoops! Mistook private for unlisted. Fixed now.

I'm making a note here to myself because I'm away from my whiteboard. I should try and widen the colour's used, probably in the backgrounds.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 01:17:57 PM by Bishop » Logged
Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: April 21, 2013, 03:37:03 PM »

Whoops! Mistook private for unlisted. Fixed now.

I'm making a note here to myself because I'm away from my whiteboard. I should try and widen the colour's used, probably in the backgrounds.

I'm in love with all the shaders used in your game  Screamy
Really like the idea of using Machinarium popup style. It had more humour to the game and a great way to learn new moves.

If i could take a look at one of them would be amazing ahah

Bishop
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 22, 2013, 02:40:27 AM »

Really like the idea of using Machinarium popup style. It had more humour to the game and a great way to learn new moves.

thanks! I've always been a touch unsure if my game was more horror or funny.  think I'll push more towards to humor side.  first animation should be done in a few days.

also I'm thinking of opening out the development more and putting a bigger demo out.
Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: April 22, 2013, 10:55:40 AM »

thanks! I've always been a touch unsure if my game was more horror or funny.  think I'll push more towards to humor side.  first animation should be done in a few days.

also I'm thinking of opening out the development more and putting a bigger demo out.

Having that doubt is pretty normal taking the fact that the feel of the game leans torwards the horror side while the characters and some of the animations aswell as gameplay (having the hability to kill your partner in coop for example) puts the game in the funny category.

That's how i see the game, other people might look at it with a totally different perspective.

Opening out the development would be awesome. Your game as tons of interesting features, programming wise.

Bishop
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 24, 2013, 02:41:35 AM »

Done a little write up with details about the shader magic that converts average pixel art to glossy/glitchy goodness.

http://www.trashtvgame.com/?p=103
BigDaveisCheap
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: April 24, 2013, 06:01:50 AM »

I just recently started following your development more closely in the last week or two and things are looking great! I'm really excited for the co-op!

I actually made a video on your Level Up demo almost a year ago, I really enjoyed it. Check it out if you have the time:

Funny to learn that it started as a SCB project because I rambled on the aesthetic similarities in the video  Smiley

Keep up the good work.

Bishop
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 24, 2013, 06:13:56 AM »

Ah nice, I remember this one! I showed this one to my folks when you first put it up.
C.D Buckmaster
Level 7

Death via video games

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 24, 2013, 10:44:15 PM »

I can't wait to see more shader overviews, I always like finding different ways to do cool effects, especially CRT-style ones.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic