Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411419 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 17, 2024, 10:35:28 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs¤ Courier of the Crypts ¤ --- Demo | Indiegogo | Greenlight
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Print
Author Topic: ¤ Courier of the Crypts ¤ --- Demo | Indiegogo | Greenlight  (Read 19877 times)
Forstride
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2013, 05:58:56 PM »

Oh wow, that looks amazing!  Really looking forward to this!

Blodyavenger
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: April 21, 2013, 10:17:40 AM »

Thanks guys!  Smiley Just to make clear, I use 2 types of particle system. Mentioned one and normal one image based and in most cases I combine both. Pixel Particles are mainly to add small details so I don't use expensive rectangles.

Blodyavenger
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: May 08, 2013, 02:46:29 AM »

Short update list from the blog:
  • spike traps remastered – sfx, gfx and mechanics so I can make interesting patterns
  • when you walk in water Courier’s feet goes under water so it looks more realistic ( for pixelated world that is)
  • new deadly mechanisms (traps, devices…) designed and yes, you’ll hate them
  • pixels freshly new and some of them remastered
  • spring code cleaning and filling memory leak holes

Example piece of remastered art for map exit

~ new ~

~ old ~

Kekskiller
« Reply #83 on: August 26, 2013, 08:58:59 AM »

As mentioned in the gif thread, I'm really interested in this one. Will testing be public or do have plans for a commercial release? (I'm sort of too lazy to skim through the whole thread)
Blodyavenger
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: August 26, 2013, 09:04:58 AM »

Hehe no worries - it will be commercial release that's for sure but as I said before, I'll need some testers now and then. Since I'm single developer on the project, any feedback is most valuable so I'll need more testers. I won't make it totally public like HERE, DOWNLOAD IT. You can expect mentions here when the time is right. I can also add you to my personal list for direct contact if you wish Smiley

Kekskiller
« Reply #85 on: August 26, 2013, 09:42:37 AM »

Yes, please, list me harder Tongue
Games Inquirer
Level 4

I love video games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: August 26, 2013, 10:29:59 AM »

I really like how you animated the guy holding the torch so the diagonals have the same arm position as the, um... orthogonals? Whatever! It looks neat.

Check out my amateur blog in Greek or English.
Blodyavenger
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: August 27, 2013, 08:12:45 AM »

Thanks a bunch Smiley

RetsamugA
Level 0

indie game developer agumaster-games.blogspot.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: August 27, 2013, 09:25:11 AM »

i have a strong weakness for pixel art with awesome light effects. This is looking great  Beer!

world is full of invisible beautiful things
Blodyavenger
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: August 28, 2013, 01:37:37 PM »

I'm more than glad you have that weakness then  Smiley Cheers dude!

Wednesday Recap #6 <click click>

- Puzzle example
- New spider in design
- More on spiders

Blodyavenger
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: September 02, 2013, 02:43:37 PM »

I've started to work on sewer tiles. It feels nice to move from those cold marble stones for a while.
This is just a mockup(WIP) without lighting effects and all. What do you think?

Retro
Level 2

Matej Jan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: September 02, 2013, 03:38:17 PM »

Well, it's not thaat different atmospherically, but I guess it's not that easy to come up with logical underground stuff (that's not ICE, LAVA or JUNGLE themed Smiley). The pixels look great though. I'm only afraid, once you do pop that lighting on, it won't look that different? Is there anything else you can do? Use different lighting? Have (sun)light shining in from above in some places? Reflect the environment in the water? :D Actually I need to code an engine that will support that. Smiley

Kekskiller
« Reply #92 on: September 02, 2013, 04:05:10 PM »

that's not ICE, LAVA or JUNGLE themed Smiley

On a totally random thought, there are loads of interesting things: libraries with loads of book piles everywhere, sandy caverns partially submerge in quick sand, morphing tunnels/pipes with fixed key locations, crystal caves with edges and spikes so sharp you have to walk on platforms but every touch will loose you a limb, the insides of something like a sarlacc, not to forget...

Oh, I sort of missed the point at this one. I always like complete dirt and fungus covered sewer. Those shrooms give 'em a bit ultimately decay in a forgotten but yet very important area on any videogame world. It's da shit, literately.
Blodyavenger
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: September 03, 2013, 03:05:28 AM »

Yeah, sewers are not meant for huge atmosphere difference. It's just a small part of "Marble Halls" thematic. And yes, it will have different taste to it - greenish lighting, lights shining down from above etc. As you might know, I have 3 huge themes and each of these will have sub themes.

2nd theme will have large fungus areas with more organic feel and puzzles meant for that. Even though crypt thematic is limited, imagination is not: lava, fungus, moss, skulls, floating pieces of land, as Kekskiller said - huge libraries, underground forests...

There will be lots of enviroment and atmosphere variations - I do graphics with the map so first things first. Ideas not realized are still open for discussion Smiley

@Retronator: Yep, I want to do somekind of reflections for liquids and marble floor but I'll leave that for now because map design needs my full attention now.

Thanks for your input guys Smiley

Blodyavenger
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: September 04, 2013, 03:26:51 PM »

Wednesday Recap #7 on blog
- Sewer tiles in progress -
- Critters -
- Simple ladder transitions -

Sarge
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 04, 2013, 03:32:32 PM »

I dig the lighting, feels warm like a torch should and adds a nice atmosphere.

[TWEETER]
If it is stupid, but it works, then it isn't stupid.
Blodyavenger
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: September 17, 2013, 12:54:03 PM »

@Sarge: Sorry for late reply. Thanks a lot Smiley It really feels nice but there is so much more I can do (and I will) with light effects.

Blodyavenger
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: September 17, 2013, 12:59:00 PM »

Bundle in a Box is available now!
13 awesome indie RPG titles

This time you can also vote for one of the developers
nominated for the Indie Dev grant and Courier of the Crypts
is one of them.

If you are buying this bundle and like what I'm working on,
please, vote for my game and help me get it.
(also, check out other nominees, there are some great games)

Check out here how and where to vote

Thanks in advance for your support, you are the best!

Blodyavenger
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: September 18, 2013, 04:08:39 PM »

Wednesday Recap #9
More work done on storyline map

-Weather effects-
-New art-

Read more in details on my blog
(screenshot included)

Blodyavenger
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: October 03, 2013, 02:51:49 AM »

Last few days I've been working on the light editor which is implemented directly to the map editor. Before I had all light types hardcoded and that was a real mess. Now I can make as many types as I want to result can be seen on the fly. Also, I can place lights on the map and see how it will look like.

I've prepared this small video to show Light Editor in action

I still have to add few things like rotation and speed settings for flickering, pulse animation etc.

What do you think? Any suggestions?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic