Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 06:09:30 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSuper Puzzle Platformer Deluxe!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Author Topic: Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe!  (Read 16135 times)
intmain
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2012, 05:46:27 AM »

Thanks for the comments on the trailer!

Here's a look at the level select:

Still working hard on this everyday, getting pretty close.

aftslash
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2012, 08:30:25 AM »

Looks sooo fun!
intmain
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2012, 05:36:58 PM »

Looks sooo fun!

Thanks!

Here's some more screenshots-

I've been mostly polishing lately and doing some play tests.

JaJ
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2012, 04:19:06 AM »

This is going to be amazing! I love the trailer.

intmain
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2013, 04:11:35 PM »

Check it:

http://games.adultswim.com/super-puzzle-platformer-plus-online-puzzle-game.html

Adult Swim, publishing.

ithamore
TIGSource Editor
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2013, 10:28:58 PM »

Wonderful news. Beer!Hand Thumbs Up Right

Please help TimW, a longtime promoter of indie gaming everywhere and an old friend of TIGSource, to write about indie games full-time.
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2013, 12:57:32 AM »

Oh wow I never realized there was a post here for this game. It's one of my favorite flash games. I even put it a article series I'm writing about Awesome flash games.

http://levelism.com/awesome-flash-games-part-2/

New version looks freakin sweet!

Arnold
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2013, 01:14:36 PM »

is this real live?
wow one of the most elegant game-designs i personally experienced in the later years Wink.

bravo
 Hand Joystick

I'm 1/2 of @Tinytouchtales and I collect Video-Game stuff on @Speicherstand
intmain
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2013, 01:47:56 PM »

Thanks for the kind words Smiley

Just so it's clear though, that trailer is for SPP:Plus, which isn't exactly SPP:Deluxe. It'll all make sense very soon.

ra51
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2013, 08:42:34 PM »

I likes the looks of this game and wants to play it.
Linkshot
Level 1

Tricky Tricky

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 28, 2013, 09:11:55 PM »

I played the original and now I want more Wario's Woods meets Swirl. This looks like a beautiful follow-up.
intmain
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2013, 06:54:43 PM »

You can play the PLUS version of the game now!
http://games.adultswim.com/super-puzzle-platformer-plus-online-puzzle-game.html

This isn't the Deluxe version but is essentially a demo of the first level of deluxe with three of the characters.

Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2013, 06:39:31 PM »

I like this! Cute art and animations, solid controls and base mechanics. Looking forward to the Deluxe version.  Smiley

The difficulty curve of Plus seems to plateau much quicker than I expected, especially when you're using the jetpack. After all of the enemy types are introduced, the game never seems to significantly ramp up the challenge, making high scores more of an endurance test than anything. Got ~65,126 before a falling brick tossed me into the range of a cannon that also just fell. I'd imagine someone better than me might be able to keep going indefinitely.

It also took me a while to internalize the death rules: spikes and cannon fire are instant kills, getting hit by a falling block hurts your exp by a small amount. In the early game, getting crushed is likely to kill you, as it brings your exp to zero. Later on, it's very unlikely that you'll get killed by falling blocks, and will likely make up the exp difference with shards already on the field. This sets up an expectation that obstacles take off a certain amount of exp, and that not all attacks are fatal. This expectation is not met by the spikes, TNT, or cannon fire. It took a few surprise deaths at level 4 before I learned that most obstacles are immediately fatal, and adjusted my playstyle accordingly.

intmain
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: January 31, 2013, 09:16:52 AM »

I like this! Cute art and animations, solid controls and base mechanics. Looking forward to the Deluxe version.  Smiley

The difficulty curve of Plus seems to plateau much quicker than I expected, especially when you're using the jetpack. After all of the enemy types are introduced, the game never seems to significantly ramp up the challenge, making high scores more of an endurance test than anything. Got ~65,126 before a falling brick tossed me into the range of a cannon that also just fell. I'd imagine someone better than me might be able to keep going indefinitely.

It also took me a while to internalize the death rules: spikes and cannon fire are instant kills, getting hit by a falling block hurts your exp by a small amount. In the early game, getting crushed is likely to kill you, as it brings your exp to zero. Later on, it's very unlikely that you'll get killed by falling blocks, and will likely make up the exp difference with shards already on the field. This sets up an expectation that obstacles take off a certain amount of exp, and that not all attacks are fatal. This expectation is not met by the spikes, TNT, or cannon fire. It took a few surprise deaths at level 4 before I learned that most obstacles are immediately fatal, and adjusted my playstyle accordingly.

65,126 is really freakin good. Most people can't make it past level 2. Thanks for the feedback.

Linkshot
Level 1

Tricky Tricky

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 31, 2013, 09:24:03 AM »

I only got to 11k... "only"
Squid Party
Level 5

Oh hi mark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2013, 12:52:24 PM »

How many levels are there on plus? Is there anything new to come after the drills?

[img]http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r527/Daniel_Sharman/areyouonyourperiod.gif[img/]
egoitzOsa
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2013, 04:43:53 AM »

Shit! That was near! Haha.

I only want to say that this game (and it´s previous version, Super Puzzle Platformer) are "one" my favourites games ever. They are really cool and addictive.
Looking forward to having fun with the deluxe version :D.
Incredible work man, incredible...

Calum Bowen
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2013, 06:12:02 AM »

yah, this is totally fun. Keep up the good work!

eobet
Level 4

8-bit childhood

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: February 23, 2013, 03:17:02 PM »

Super cool. I want to play this with a TAC-2!

intmain
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2013, 04:29:01 PM »

STEAM  Crazy

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic