Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411273 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 02:14:33 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsIndie BrawlIndie Brawl: Main Characters
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 64
Print
Author Topic: Indie Brawl: Main Characters  (Read 286918 times)
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1160 on: December 10, 2010, 11:05:00 PM »

I like that suggestion a lot.

thatbrod
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: December 11, 2010, 05:16:43 AM »

agreed, that sounds intensely fun. So someone should totally make a stage topic for it
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 07:47:02 AM by brod » Logged

Vincent
Level 0

Novelty Sunglass Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: December 11, 2010, 12:53:10 PM »

Character suggestion:

Dudebro from Dudebro MSIFUSIGTSSU II:ISUDT
The game is unreleased as of yet but if you look up the website it is going fairly well. Dudebro would obviously be a strong and slow character who would use a variety of weapons to shoot/stab you.
BeholdThyPecs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: January 15, 2011, 07:10:00 PM »

I suggest using one at least of these two characters from "Little Fighter 2", as a playable character for this game, but that's up to you.

Julian (Little Fighter 2)
 A well balanced character with a limited, but powerful moveset.

Davis (Little Fighter 2)
 A well balanced character with a moveset focused on dealing combos.
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1164 on: January 16, 2011, 12:14:59 PM »

I suggest using one at least of these two characters from "Little Fighter 2", as a playable character for this game, but that's up to you.
Julian (Little Fighter 2)
 A well balanced character with a limited, but powerful moveset.
Davis (Little Fighter 2)
 A well balanced character with a moveset focused on dealing combos.
The trouble with the LF2 characters is that they're very generic, and seem designed more to fill certain niches (sword guy, ninja guy, fire guy, archer guy) than to be unique, iconic and memorable characters in their own right. That said, LF2 is a pretty well-known game, and as a beat-em-up, it has many similarities with Indie Brawl.

I think it's at least worthy of a support character. Davis, who apparently has his own action  figure, is probably the most iconic character from the series, but Julian would be my second choice.

Runman's high speed could make him an interesting character, and there's probably just enough material out there to make a movelist out of. I still think he's best as a support character, but I could see him working as a main character, too.

Josef (machinarium) http://machinarium.net/demo/
Machinarium is great, and I do think we need to include something from it. A stage would make the most sense, but that is a bit redundant with Samorost Island. The trouble with Josef as a character is that he is nonviolent and has no moves that resemble attacks. I could see him as a support character, but I don't know what he would do.

Commander Video (Bit trip series)http://www.bittripgame.com/
I haven't played these games, but Commander Video doesn't seem to have too many moves. You could probably make a move list for him, but he seems more suited to be a support character.

Outside of standard running and jumping, his only ability is altering the flow of time, which is absurdly broken for a main character. He'd make a great support character, though, which is why he's on the list.

It's a line that can flap and spin. I don't even know what it could do as a support character.

Minecraft guy (Minecraft) http://www.minecraft.net/
He's pretty generic, especially in terms of attacks. Minecraft is much better suited to be a stage.

Never played it, but it doesn't seem like Dim can do much more than run, jump, and change dimensions (which is inapplicable to Indie Brawl). As far as Matt Thorson's games go, Runman, the bird from An Untitled Story and Ogmo are the most iconic characters.

Toribash (Toribash) www.toribash.com
Again, the issue is that Toribash fighters are designed to be as generic as possible, with few distinguishing features.

He can't do anything but run and jump, so he can't be a main character. He is planned as a support character, though what he actually does has yet to be determined.

What I said about Dim basically applies here as well.

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1165 on: January 16, 2011, 06:05:13 PM »

A dim level could be interesting.
Sawrig
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: January 16, 2011, 10:57:21 PM »

Thanks for the reply. Runman Would be a fantastic chracter. I think with a little work Josef could be used well too. Heres some ideas for attacks I have came up with for Josef:

1.   Open his mouth: In the game Josef puts objects in his mouth, in Indie Brawl these objects could be used as projectiles, throwing random objects at players such as lightbulbs. Long distance
2.   Punches: Josef stretches his arm and punches his opponent.
3.   Zap: Josef strikes electricity at his opponent.
4.    Rise and fall: Josef stretches his body and swings his arms at opponents.
5.   Block: Josef pulls rubbish out of his mouth and builds a wall acts as a temporary shield.
6.   Flamethrower: Josef drinks oil, then burps out fireballs. Short distance

Images of the attacks can be seen here:http://img121.imageshack.us/i/dsc00195o.jpg/

Take Notice of the large red numbers rather then the smaller black ones. The numbers in red are related to the text above.
I would really like Josef in indie brawl, He is a fantastic character. The game is fantastic

Thanks and please take this into consideration,
Sawrig

all attacks can be viewed here: http://img121.imageshack.us/i/dsc00195o.jpg/
Sawrig
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: January 16, 2011, 11:11:37 PM »

I've got Ideas for Commander video too. I'll try to do those soon too :D
Sawrig
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: January 17, 2011, 05:09:07 AM »

here you go i tried linking images?
[/URL]</noscript>[/img]
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 05:34:23 AM by Sawrig » Logged
MaloEspada
« Reply #1169 on: January 17, 2011, 08:26:45 AM »

dude, calm down. one post at a time. learn to use the edit button.
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1170 on: January 17, 2011, 04:27:59 PM »

here you go i tried linking images?
First: Just put the image url in the tags, not the html code it gives you. (that's for websites, not forum posts) The right url is the actual picture, not the page that has the picture and all the stuff around it.
Second: That picture is way too big in it's unscaled form to post here. (which is why I didn't link it)

Heres an example:
Code:
[img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/4847/heartcapsulecopyca3.gif[/img]
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1171 on: January 18, 2011, 08:42:04 AM »

The main problem I have with Josef as a character is that he is portrayed as being vulnerable and nonviolent. Every other main character has at least some sort of violent action in the source material.

His stretching and shrinking abilities could be used creatively with attacks, but it still seems like a weak premise to base a character on.

Theon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: January 21, 2011, 12:30:12 AM »

A couple of suggestions:

We Want YOU stage (scrolling forever downwards, tilesets changing as time passes; has weapon pickups that can destroy terrain, flamethrowers and health tents)

Super Meatboy stage (sick amounts of saws that instakill any character)

I also feel that there ought to be some content from Teknopants' games, but can't really decide upon what would fit.

-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: January 21, 2011, 07:21:51 AM »

A "We Want YOU" stage seems pretty interesting (mostly because it scrolls down :D) but Soulliard has said many times that he doesn't want weapons as items because of the sprites and other stuff. About SMB (Super Meat Boy, not Super Mario Bros ¬¬) dunno, maybe it's too generic (but awesome).

They only think of me like an awesome ninja cat.
Landshark RAWR
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: January 21, 2011, 09:26:56 AM »

i dont know what ELSE you would think of after seeing a forest filled with saws

Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: January 21, 2011, 07:57:42 PM »

I also feel that there ought to be some content from Teknopants' games, but can't really decide upon what would fit.
We've got the characters from Action Fist.
creeplup
TIGBaby

Robot Heavy is best Heavy

View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: February 08, 2011, 05:25:52 PM »

Hello, I'm new here, and I've been interested in this project since someone on my forum linked it. I just want to say two things before I start lurking again.
1. I think that the Robot from the Robot Wants X games would be a good addition. The games are very popular, and would be an interesting addition to the game.
Quote from: Soulliard
Minecraft guy (Minecraft) http://www.minecraft.net/
He's pretty generic, especially in terms of attacks. Minecraft is much better suited to be a stage.
I really think Minecraft guy/Steve? would be a good addition to the project. Minecraft has a lot of elements to it that could lead to possible moves, e.g. using a sword or ax to attack opponents or unleashing a lava flow from a bucket.
Filth
« Reply #1177 on: February 10, 2011, 06:43:59 AM »

But most of the his possible moves are really generic.
medieval
« Reply #1178 on: February 10, 2011, 06:58:36 AM »

If we're having a We Want YOU stage, it should include (stationary) enemy soldiers who try to shoot every player in sight
Password
Level 0

Troy and Abed in the Morning~

View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: March 19, 2011, 12:43:13 PM »

Super Crate Box...guy?
Anyways, since JMickle or someone suggested that he could be a good character, here we go.

Movelist
A - Shotgun - Burst of short range bullets. Pushes him slightly backwards.

>A - Revolver - One giant bullet. Slow but powerful.

^A - Katana - Slashes upwards.

A(air) - Flamethrower - Flames circle around Crate Man as he uses the flamethrower.

vA - Double Pistol - Shoots in both directions with a weak projectile

vA(air) - Shoots a revolver downwards, pushing Crate Man slightly upwards

S - Machine Gun - Rapid Fire. However, no stun, and little knockback to balance it.

>S - Disk Gun - A fast disk shoots out that can bounce of boundaries and walls. However, can damage himself. Only 2 disks can be on screen at a time.

^S - Bazooka - Shoots a bazooka downwards, launching Crate Man up.

vS - Mines - Crate Man plants a mine. The mine takes some time to get set up, about 4 seconds or so. After that, anything except Crate Man that touches it will make it explode. Only 3 mines may be one a screen at a time.

Suggestions are welcome.

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 64
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic