Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411274 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 04:03:05 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsIndie BrawlIndie Brawl: Main Characters
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64]
Print
Author Topic: Indie Brawl: Main Characters  (Read 286948 times)
-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #1260 on: May 26, 2013, 02:08:46 PM »

I agree that Ms. Fortune is very unique, but I'd vote for Peacock or Filia as they're more iconic to the game, thought that might be just my opinion. As for Isaac those ideas sound very promising

They only think of me like an awesome ninja cat.
Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: May 26, 2013, 02:49:37 PM »

For a Skullgirls character I would vote Ms. Fortune for having the most unique playstyle.

I like the idea of Issac as a character but he has the opposite of the usual problem in that he has too much to draw from.

Bombs are obvious. We probably want to use normal tears as well.

Here's some items that would work well. (With links.)
Mom's knife used for melee as there isn't much melee-esque stuff in the game.
Ipecac
Bob's Rotten Head
The dash move from A Pony
The Candle is very iconic as being the one of the best items in the game
Brimstone would probably work better in game than Technology with the charge up, although tech is probably more iconic.
Halo Of Flies would be good as an item. (not an attack) I would make it start with the full three and have them die after blocking a projectile. (unlike in BoI)
Guppy's Hair Ball as another melee possibility.
Little Chubby maybe?
Holy Water sucks in BoI but would work well here.

Some sort of rabdom move would be good too, as the game is very random.
A random tarot card move would be cool but way too much work.
A 3 Dollar Bill move that gives his standard tear attacks a random "buff" for a short time would be cool and it shouldn't be too hard to do.
The problem with Ms. Fortune is that her head detachment move is gonna be a pain to work with. The game here is trying to avoid characters with gimmicks that are hard to code; stuff like Golden Knight and his Bonesaw form is the exception, not the rule. Filia would be fine for a rep, or at worst Cerebella.

As for Isaac, I agree that there's far too many abilities to choose from. But what I had in mind so far was this:
- Neutral special: regular tears
- Side special: Ipecac
- Up special: The Bible
- Down special: either Brimstone or a move that gives his neutral special a short-time buff.

- Neutral melee: Mom's Knife
- Side melee: My Little Unicorn
- Down melee: bomb

- Down air: Technology (fired diagonally downwards)
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: May 26, 2013, 06:32:20 PM »

less talk more doing, there is unfinished character, new character is out of scope

Dread Knight
Level 0

Materializes Abolished!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1263 on: June 28, 2013, 06:09:14 AM »

I'm pretty new around here and not quite familiar with this project tbh.
Anyway, I have a free open source game project called Ancient Beast as part of my NPO, Freezing Moon that's all about making open source games.

So Ancient Beast has more than 50 units all under CC-BY-SA 3.0 license, all showcased in the bestiary. They're all being made into 3d and animated, small sample here.

I would be ok if someone wants to implement a few of the Ancient Beast units into this Indie Brawl game (which I'm yet to see any screenshots of xD ), provided artists are credited along with the game itself, since I always consider this kind of stuff a win-win situation for both projects, content vs marketing ^^

www.AncientBeast.com - Turn Based Strategy Game. Master your Beasts!
Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: June 28, 2013, 11:05:38 AM »

If you're pretty new around here, that explains a lot. This game here is more about showcasing the most popular and iconic indie games, not just any old games. You sadly have little to no chance of getting your characters in here, because they're just not as memorable as, say, Super Crate Boxer or Iji. Ancient Beast just doesn't have the same impact on the indie community.
Dread Knight
Level 0

Materializes Abolished!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1265 on: June 28, 2013, 08:00:09 PM »

If you're pretty new around here, that explains a lot. This game here is more about showcasing the most popular and iconic indie games, not just any old games. You sadly have little to no chance of getting your characters in here, because they're just not as memorable as, say, Super Crate Boxer or Iji. Ancient Beast just doesn't have the same impact on the indie community.

Heh, I see  Roll Eyes Well I think a lot of the characters from the project are pretty original and have more going on then let's say being a meat cube or a teenager girl wearing a green top, though Ancient Beast is not that popular for now, as it's barely playable and still has a long way to go. So I understand now, thanks for the clarification.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 08:06:40 PM by Dread Knight » Logged

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1266 on: June 29, 2013, 01:48:23 AM »

No characters are going to be memorable to anyone that hasn't played the game.

As for more legitimate reasons for not stuff from using your game: (characters or otherwise)

1. The game is not finished
2. The game is not popular

Both of these are "yet", so maybe some day we'd love to have them.
Dread Knight
Level 0

Materializes Abolished!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1267 on: June 29, 2013, 11:08:35 AM »

No characters are going to be memorable to anyone that hasn't played the game.

As for more legitimate reasons for not stuff from using your game: (characters or otherwise)

1. The game is not finished
2. The game is not popular

Both of these are "yet", so maybe some day we'd love to have them.

Thanks, figured that from the previous post though. I thought it was just a community made game at first. Anyway, it's just a matter of time Ancient Beast will become more popular than a lot of games out there, especially if getting some funding, I don't doubt it. None the less, quite a lot of fanart is done by artists already and some people are using characters from their projects in their own games or animations, so that might help scale escalate things out considering a lot of the popular indie games are completely closed source. I wonder if the devs had to give their permission for characters to be included in this Indie Brawl, but I seen a lot of fan games that didn't bothered with that kind of stuff at all :D

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1268 on: June 29, 2013, 12:21:28 PM »

We did actually get permission for all the stuff in indie brawl.
Dread Knight
Level 0

Materializes Abolished!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1269 on: June 29, 2013, 12:58:11 PM »

We did actually get permission for all the stuff in indie brawl.

I see... about 2 years and Notch still didn't granted permission for Minecrapft stuff, lol
At first look I only recognize Super Meat Boy from the list, thought I recall seeing some Castle Crushers sprites around hmm
Anyway, will try getting myself more familiar with more titles on the list since people consider them popular and actually see what this game is all about since I didn't bumped into any screenies so far...

41bja
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: July 09, 2013, 11:37:53 PM »

The girl from They Bleed Pixels should be in this game. If you're not familiar with the game, here is its website, http://www.theybleedpixels.com/.

Signature.
Complete_zero
Level 0

Don't kill me, living has become sort of a hobby.

View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: July 31, 2013, 12:32:15 PM »

Ah, dang it.This looks way better then my idea. I also, am extremely new here, and ...I...had this...exact same idea...Except mine was way less polished, and I only just finished a basic character list.Dang it. However, I consider myself...Novice? at least, with sprites. Some one beat me to it, and thats probably a good thing.
BeholdThyPecs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: February 02, 2014, 03:00:46 PM »

I have a suggestion for a playable character!

Cthulu (Cthulu Saves the World)
 A powerful sword-fighting character who's weakness is lacking in combos. Other than that, he's quite a balanced fighter.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: February 02, 2014, 07:16:01 PM »

new people should offer help not character Tongue else the project will never get finish

BalrogSoapCorp
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: April 02, 2014, 10:10:01 AM »

Would The Kid from I Wanna Be the Guy be a possibility? He could be quite mobile and fun to play as for those who like fast paced characters.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic