Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 02:46:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsIndie BrawlIndie Brawl: Naija [DONE]
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
Print
Author Topic: Indie Brawl: Naija [DONE]  (Read 55580 times)
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: August 08, 2009, 11:19:53 PM »

The only major change is that her ^A and ^S are switched, and her whirlpool no longer recovers. That's a good idea for an attack, though.

Also, nice sprite.  Hand Thumbs Up Left Tiger

Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: September 25, 2009, 01:41:47 PM »

A common complaint is that Naija's ^S, >A and vA are too similar. Also, they confuse the difference between special and standard attacks.

We could replace >A and vA with different attacks to improve this. The drawback, of course, is that this creates extra work.

If we went this route, her ^S could be angled forward a little more to make it more useful.

Her >A could be replaced with an attack where she charges up briefly, dashes forward and strikes. The attack could be with either a beast form claw (without the rest of her body transforming), a ball of fire (energy form) or a burst of light (sun form).

For her vA, she could attack with a two footed downward kick. Or maybe use some attack actually related to Aquaria (I can't think of anything fitting).

Of course, this is all just speculation. I don't know whether or not the extra work would actually be worthwhile.

shig
« Reply #142 on: September 25, 2009, 02:25:59 PM »

Shame I never played Aquaria.

What if you could aim the Beast Charge's direction while it's "charging"? It'd need a slightly bigger starting lag, tho.  (EDIT: oh lol, this was already suggested. Twice. Once by me )

But I'm all for making her moveset less confusing and more varied. It'll feel so much better to play as her that way.
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: September 25, 2009, 02:28:14 PM »

I got Ninja'd, but I was more descriptive, so:

Her ^S should act like Fox's ^B form ssb have her changing forms for the charge up, then have her fly in the direction you point in. We should also limit it to 8 directions; both for keyboard aiming and ease of animation. We'd only need to flip sprites and rotate the forward one for up and down.

Edit: We could have sun form for her vA
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 02:31:17 PM by mokesmoe » Logged
shig
« Reply #144 on: September 25, 2009, 02:37:37 PM »

The problem is that if it's like Fox's up B, it'll be too slow to fit the same niche it does right now. For example, you won't be able to chase enemies that are slightly further than the kick's range with it anymore.
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: September 25, 2009, 02:57:01 PM »

It doesn't have to be that long of a charge-up, and we could make the range a bit longer to compensate.
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: November 24, 2009, 10:48:11 PM »

How would you feel if I left >A as is and changed her ^B to a spirit-form-themed destructive teleport?

shig
« Reply #147 on: November 25, 2009, 12:18:51 AM »

^B ??

You mean ^S? The Whirlpool thing?

Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: November 25, 2009, 09:12:24 AM »

^S. The upward beast charge.

I'm keeping the whirlpool.

shig
« Reply #149 on: November 25, 2009, 03:03:48 PM »

Yeah. Anything that adds variety to her moveset is a plus in my opinion.

As long as it fits, of course.
Blaizer
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: November 25, 2009, 11:18:28 PM »

Still thinking the fox thing might work. Make the delay as long as Pikacu's ^B, that's heaps short but still easy to use.
Mogget
Level 1

Manbabysitter

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 22, 2009, 02:54:21 AM »

How about (even though Naija's done) We combine >A and vS into one FALCON KIIIIICK-type move? As in, in the air she goes down, on the ground she goes forward. That would release a moveslot for better? use, like bind or something. And it would lessen the confusion beetween normals and specials very much.

Hurray for shameless promotion!
Blaizer
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 22, 2009, 04:08:07 AM »

Hah, I like that idea.
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: December 22, 2009, 09:50:46 AM »

Undecided

vS is Naija's reflector.

Mogget
Level 1

Manbabysitter

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 22, 2009, 10:17:31 AM »

EmbarrassedOh.

*actually plays game*

Well, that's too bad. I guess the sweeping kick couldn't be replaced either. And here I thought I made a BREAKTHROUGH.

Hurray for shameless promotion!
Rostiger
Pixelhead
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: January 03, 2010, 07:21:16 AM »

Here are two of Hayifs animations that seem to have gotten lost in the mix. I made some small fixes and put the frames together:

I like the energy form change, but is the high kick animation actually needed (also it's a bit slow in the end - you might want to kick out one or two frames)?

Clemens Scott
Co-Founder & Artist of Broken Rules
Zelonod the evil pudding
Level 0

I'm tasty evil pudding

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 03, 2010, 11:04:20 AM »

naija has to many beast form moves. maby we could replace downward beast charge with sun form. maby naija shoots a sun beam downwards. good idea?

also: rostiger, AWESOME ENERGY FORM CHANGE.

I like pudding.
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: June 03, 2010, 01:23:27 PM »

Here's what I'm thinking:
^S is replaced by a move inspired by Spirit Form.

While Naija uses the move, her body stays in place and can be attacked as normal.

Her spirit (a projectile) floats out of her body, initially aimed straight upwards. Its speed is constant, but its direction can be adjusted with the left and right buttons. It can be steered to fly in any direction.

After a short amount of time has passed, or an attack button is pressed, Naija materializes wherever her spirit currently is. A burst of spirit energy attacks enemies where she reappears. If she tries to materialize in a solid wall, the attack fails, and the move ends without any teleportation or damage.

It'd be a pretty powerful recovery move, and it could be a powerful attack, but Naija would be completely vulnerable while she's using it.

Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: June 03, 2010, 01:27:35 PM »

I don't really mind her vA, though, since it fills a good niche, and is at least consistent with her other attacks. I'd rather see it re-themed than replaced.

shig
« Reply #159 on: June 03, 2010, 04:22:21 PM »

REPORTED FOR DOUBLEPOST !!!!!

Ok seriously now I think re-theming would be ideal. Are you thinking of changing it into another kick?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic