Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 06:54:33 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsIndie BrawlIndie Brawl: Naija [DONE]
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
Print
Author Topic: Indie Brawl: Naija [DONE]  (Read 55577 times)
Contrary
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 03, 2010, 06:00:14 PM »

If all of the beast charges are gonna be fused into ^B (which I think is rad), then maybe a generic both feet are stomp? A spike, maybe. And a generic sticking both legs out sideways for side A? I think both wouldn't require too many frames.
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: January 13, 2011, 09:29:33 PM »

I didn't really like Naija's old walking animation (and I know I'm not the only one), so I took a stab at making a new one. There's still room for improvement, so edits are appreciated!

Pietepiet
Pixelhead
Level 9

hello <3

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 14, 2011, 03:00:35 AM »

And edits are what you will receive!

Yours | Mine
|

Yours snapped a lot, so I smoothed out the legs a bit. She could probably also lean forward a bit more.
This counts for most characters in the game, by the way. When I played the game on the Winnitron I thought Nikujin was the only one that had a walkcycle that fit the fastpaced nature of the game. The rest seemed to just stroll along.
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: January 14, 2011, 07:10:38 AM »

Thanks. That looks much better!

-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 15, 2011, 07:29:47 AM »

When I played the game on the Winnitron I thought Nikujin was the only one that had a walkcycle that fit the fastpaced nature of the game. The rest seemed to just stroll along
Naija's the only one who needed a run animation (considering she's really fast), the rest of the characters are fine as they are now. Iji's slow so she has to walk, Lyle has that awesome goofy walk/run animation, Trilby's already the way you suggest characters to be and you can't complain about Xoda or Liero. Maybe GK could have a new run anim but he's supposed to be slow :/

They only think of me like an awesome ninja cat.
Pietepiet
Pixelhead
Level 9

hello <3

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: January 15, 2011, 08:51:33 AM »

Naija's the only one who needed a run animation (considering she's really fast), the rest of the characters are fine as they are now. Iji's slow so she has to walk, Lyle has that awesome goofy walk/run animation, Trilby's already the way you suggest characters to be and you can't complain about Xoda or Liero. Maybe GK could have a new run anim but he's supposed to be slow :/

I disagree. If you take a look at Smash Bros, for example, even the slow, heavy characters have some form of dashing. Making them just walk looks stupid to me considering the nature of the game. I'm not saying they should all be hauling ass, but they should at least look like they're trying to keep up with or run away from their opponent.

Slower walk animations work in games like Street Fighter because the arena is fairly small and the characters are always facing eachother. In brawlers like this, however, there's a lot of distance between the characters, which to me makes it look weird to have them casually strolling along. Nothing about Iji's walkcycle, for example, says that she's fighting or ready for action.
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: January 15, 2011, 09:25:24 AM »

Iji and the Golden Knight are the only characters who still have walking animations.

Pietepiet made a Golden Knight running animation already. Its legs just need to be made thinner and it needs some shading/cleaning.

Pietepiet
Pixelhead
Level 9

hello <3

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 15, 2011, 09:33:15 AM »

I'll see if I have some time to clean that soon. I can also make a suggestion for Iji if you want. The Naija I did also still needs some cleaning
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic