Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 01:20:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioSome indie-game music (Bonesaw remix and TSE2)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Some indie-game music (Bonesaw remix and TSE2)  (Read 2292 times)
soundofjw
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« on: July 29, 2008, 11:12:08 AM »

Shocked

Hey everyone!

I'm posting for two reasons. First to share some of my recent creations, and second to promote this cool site I found... here we go.

A few months ago a handful of TIGSource'ers (?? haha) and other people donated to my Spirit Engine 2 Cancer Drive. It went astoundingly well, raising over $800 going directly to the American Cancer Society. Well, for those that donated, the time is almost near to collect your donation gift. What's that again? The complete soundtrack to The Spirit Engine 2, which is coming out... oh yeah! Tomorrow (July 30th)! I'm in the time-consuming process of confirming the CDs with my CDPressMagic people who will then be able to create on-demand magical CDs from my store (I'll link in this thread when it becomes available). (FYI: People can either buy a smaller "Selections" album (22 tracks) or the Full Soundtrack (101 tracks)... and getting the CD(s) is optional - whether or not you optin to get the CDs you get digital downloads). Mark Pay did an EXCELLENT job at designing some album covers and CD art for me so there is some clever incentive to get the CD set.

BAH. Enough. I want to share some music.

Bonesaw Overdrive
First, here is a not-so-well known-about Bonesaw remix. Kyle did an EXCELLENT job with the game, and his friend created some killer art, and I was quickly inspired to do an inyourfaceorchestralcinematic remix. Check it out. (:

Medea's Final Conflict
This is the song from the TSE2 trailer. Thought I'd share it.

A Lost Dream
This is the theme song from "The Spirit Engine 2."

Confrontation at the Mind's Core
Boss battle music pretty late in the game (TSE2).

Anyway, I just thought I'd share some of this. Remember, if you donated you get all 101 tracks free (and I'm working on making the site give you a discounted CD set too - but I can't circumvent the shipping costs, sorry Tongue. Four CDs are expensive to ship!).

ON ANOTHER NOTE ENTIRELY:

A few days ago I found this really neat website called thesixtyone.com where you essentially 'level' up by listening to music and 'bumping' songs you like. The catch is that you only have so many 'points' with which to bump. You get points from lots of various things (daily login is an easy way), including bumping songs that aren't popular (which costs more points). If those songs that you bump early on get bumped - you get points for it! It's addictive as anything and there are even a few 'bigger' artists on there (Apples in Stereo, M.I.A., and The Ting Tings just to name a few). It's a great place for indie musicians and it's slowly capturing my heart...

Artists feel the love too - while they can't bump songs (which is kind of a drawback, I'd love to be able to bump my fellow artists songs) they can gain a large user-base. These listeners actually are listening to new music and are interested in what's coming (you get points for listening to 'the rack,' randomly selected songs that haven't hit the 'homepage.'). People then 'invest' in your music and it's generally a good feeling.

Did I mention you level up?

hi
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 05:40:27 PM »

Bonesaw...

*Nightmares*

Still, it does have some sweet music. I think I'll consider getting this.

EDIT: Do I have to join to download it? I'm currently not finding a download link. Lips Sealed
___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 08:04:16 PM »

Bonesaw...

*Nightmares*

Still, it does have some sweet music. I think I'll consider getting this.

EDIT: Do I have to join to download it? I'm currently not finding a download link. Lips Sealed

Bwa ha ha, Bonesaw will make a MAN OUT OF YOU, BOY.

Remix more 'saw music plox.  :I
Golds
Loves Juno
Level 10

Juno sucks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 10:26:40 PM »

I suggest some Diamond Rider remix action.

@doomlaser, mark johns
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic